Twitch Suspends Trump’s Channel for ‘Hateful Conduct'

Olychick

I saw the Reddit Ban Thread but didn't see one for this. I'm not familiar with Twitch, but the more places that put a stop to his hateful conduct, the better. Yay for decency.

Twitch, the livestreaming platform, said on Monday that it was suspending President Trump’s channel for “hateful conduct,” in what appeared to be the first deliberate suspension of one of Mr. Trump’s social media accounts.

Twitch, which is owned by Amazon, said two recent streams on Mr. Trump’s channel violated its rules. One stream was of a rebroadcasted 2015 campaign event in which Mr. Trump made comments about Mexico sending drugs, crime and rapists over the border. The other was of his recent rally in Tulsa, Okla., where he talked about a “very tough hombre” breaking into a woman’s house at 1 a.m.

“Hateful conduct is not allowed on Twitch,” a Twitch spokeswoman said in a statement. “In line with our policies, President Trump’s channel has been issued a temporary suspension from Twitch for comments made on stream, and the offending content has been removed.”

Source

SaveComment3Like1
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve2416

I think I like this: sounds like a start-up similar to Facebook with guts in their editing department.

Actually, after further reading I think I'll watch this from a distance!

1 Like Save     Thanked by Olychick
Iris GW

Ooops

Save    
leona_2008

Oh nooo! More attacks on Jeff Bezos coming soon. Kudos, Twitch!

3 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz 14 Things You Need to Start Doing Now for Your Spouse’s Sake
You have no idea how annoying your habits at home can be. We’re here to tell you
Full Story
Life What We Love (and Don’t) About New Year’s
Here are our favorite and least favorite things about ringing in the new year. What are yours?
Full Story
Green Building Houzz Tour: An Innovative Home Shows What It’s Made Of
Homeowners design their Washington, D.C., residence with sustainability in mind and to accommodate them as they get older
Full Story
With over 40 years experience, Shoreline Pools is a luxury in-ground swimming pool construction, renovation and... Read More
Full service design showroom located in downtown Fairfield, CT. We specialize in stress free remodeling and will... Read More