Reddit bans 'The Donald'

Lucille(9a)

His minions will have to find somewhere else to kiss up to him.

SaveComment7Like1
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deegw

Better late than never.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2020/06/reddit-ban-the-donald-chapo-content-policy/613639/

The social platform is also removing 2,000 other communities today, including the one dedicated to the popular left-wing podcast Chapo Trap House.

Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

I don't think calling for the death of rich people is left wing in this country- at least I hope not ;-) Chapo Trap House denizens idealize Stalin and Mao. This is a sub that defends North Korea.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

If anyone is curious about Chapo Trap House, I found these two helpful: (they make millions from their work)

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/28/chapo-trap-house-book-review-219596

https://americanaffairsjournal.org/2018/10/clean-rooms-and-dirtbags/

Save    
dandyfopp

Twitch Temporarily Suspends Donald Trump’s Campaign Account

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2020/06/29/twitch-suspends-donald-trumps-campaign-account/#50016cbb7531

Popular video game streaming website Twitch has temporarily suspended Team Trump, the account tied to Donald Trump’s campaign. When contacted for comment, a Twitch representative said that the account had been suspended for violating the company’s policy on hateful conduct.

"Hateful conduct is not allowed on Twitch. In line with our policies, President Trump’s channel has been issued a temporary suspension from Twitch for comments made on stream, and the offending content has been removed." and The following examples of hateful speech from recent and older rallies that were shown on the streaming service:

The company pointed to two examples of offending statements from recent and older rallies:

• 2016 campaign rally, recently rebroadcast on Twitch: “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people.”
  • Tulsa Rally: “Hey, it’s 1:00 o’clock in the morning and a very tough, I’ve used the word on occasion, hombre, a very tough hombre is breaking into the window of a young woman whose husband is away as a traveling salesman or whatever he may do. And you call 911 and they say, “I’m sorry, this number’s no longer working.” By the way, you have many cases like that, many, many, many. Whether it’s a young woman, an old woman, a young man or an old man and you’re sleeping.”

"Hateful conduct is not allowed on Twitch. In line with our policies, President Trump’s channel has been issued a temporary suspension from Twitch for comments made on stream"

Trump has been increasingly been at odds with the social media networks that have proved such a key component to his rise to power and have continued to be crucial parts of how he communicates with the public.Twitter has flagged several of the President’s tweets for misleading or dangerous information over the past few months, drawing ire from the president and his team.

Facebook has taken a more hands off policy, refusing to flag or remove some of the same posts that Twitter took action against. The social media company has faced significant backlash for its decisions, facing a broad advertiser retreat from companies ranging from Unilever to Starbucks SBUX.

In the past few weeks, a string of sexual misconduct and harassment accusations have rocked the world of Twitch and video game streaming, leading to renewed promises from the service to become more aggressive with bans and punishments, even against large accounts. Last Friday, Twitch also suddenly banned Dr. Disrespect, one the service’s most popular streamers.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

What's going on here? Are scruples returning to webtown?...or have these websites come to the conclusion that trump's plummeting popularity will hurt their profits. I'm betting on the latter.

6 Likes Save    
deegw

Advertisers have begun boycotting FB until they get control of their content. FB is filled with misinformation and hate-speech. I think the other platforms see the handwriting on the wall.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/business/dealbook/facebook-boycott-ads.html

5 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening for Butterflies Be a Butterfly Savior — Garden for the Monarchs
Keep hope, beauty and kindness alive in the landscape by providing a refuge for these threatened enchanters
Full Story
Decorating Guides 12 Deadly Decorating Sins
Are your room designs suffering from a few old habits? It may be time to change your ways
Full Story
Feel-Good Home 21 Ways to Waste Less at Home
Whether it's herbs rotting in the fridge or clothes that never get worn, most of us waste too much. Here are ways to make a change
Full Story
Adaptiv is a full-service, interior/exterior design firm that provides clients with unique, customized solutions... Read More