4 ways barr is undermining the election

Annie Deighnaugh

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/barr-attorney-general-election/2020/06/26/7ad4fc7e-b6fb-11ea-a510-55bf26485c93_story.html

There are four ways that Barr’s approach to running the Justice Department imperils the vote: He’s letting off the hook those who contributed to interference in the last election; he’s undermining confidence in the government’s ability to protect the coming election; he’s signaling to bad actors that helping President Trump win will garner them special treatment under the law; and he’s spreading disinformation about the potential for voter fraud.....

The threats to this election — not just from Russia but from the coronavirus — would be formidable enough if there were an attorney general acting in good faith to lead federal law enforcement’s response to them. We have the opposite: The country’s top lawyer turns a blind eye to these threats, taking us backward rather than forward in addressing them, and even worsening them himself. That makes an already dangerous situation dire. And it means that the calls for Barr’s impeachment shouldn’t be seen as backward-looking or retributive against an administration that may be on its way out anyway. They’re forward-looking — if Americans believe that the country deserves an attorney general who protects not one presidential candidate but all citizens as they prepare for a crucial vote.

SaveComment8Like1
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur03

I am not certain that he has not been doing this things so that it will call into question the outcome of the election. I hope whatever he is receiving for this is enough.

Save    
abzzybee(9/10 S. Florida)

A band of callous sociopaths sums this administration up pretty well.

1 Like Save    
batyabeth

right!

Save    
lurker111

No reason to be alarmed. Barr has handed the left everything they want, to a point where crats on this forum have praised him for his decisions. He's part of the deep state, and I agree...He needs to go. He's part of the insurance to protect the crats from the criminal obama era.

Save    
Sue 430

Lurker, not sure what you're talking about. He has handed Trump everything he wants. To the point where he seems to be acting as Trumps personal attorney. And I don't recall anyone on the left praising him, unless it was before he actually did anything. But I agree that he must go

1 Like Save    
lurker111

I don't know what you're talking about..."Handed Trump everything he wanted."

Plenty of crat praise for Barr on this forum. It doesn't matter if he does a few things for Trump...His main goal is to stall and not bring charges against the traitors. Statute of limitations is five years for most federal crimes. He did his job. Traitor!

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

I hope a good author tackles Barr's king maker actions and accomplices.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Landscape Design Grow a Lush Privacy Screen
No need to wait forever for patio privacy the green way. These 10 ideas will get your screening up and running in no time
Full Story
Home Tech The Inevitable Future of Drones Around Your Home
As Google joins the push for airborne deliveries, it seems only a matter of time before neighborhoods are buzzing with drones. Is that OK?
Full Story
Working With Pros Your Guide to a Smooth-Running Construction Project
How to save time, money and your sanity when building new or remodeling
Full Story