SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryelizabethw

Wall color advice for a large open room!

Mary Elizabeth
3 years ago

I have used BM Edgecomb Gray (LRV 63.88) throughout 2 levels of our home (LOTS of windows). It was the only color that stayed “true”, except for the living room, which is BM Stonington Gray. That room has north & west windows.

I need one more wall color, for a 15 x 50, lower level walkout, & connecting hall & stairway.

The south facing wall is almost all windows, with one smaller window that faces west. There is a 12’ wide, full length deck above, so always partially shaded, more so in the summer. When I tested Edgecomb in this room, it turned “yellow”.

The floor to ceiling corner fireplace is traditional brick (red tones). The kitchen area has maple shaker cabinets in medium cherry (a 10’ island with seating, plus cabinets for microwave, refrigerator & beverage fridge.) The granite is Ivory Brown – creamy tan background with warm gray & red tones.)

Carpet color for the fireplace/tv area will be “Cappuccino” (lighter than the picture.)

I like this for the rest of the flooring, as it pulls the red, without being “monotone”.

https://weshipfloors.com/flooring/supercore-xtreme-harvest-moon-spc-30mil-6mm-x-7-x-60

The whole house trim color is BM AF-35 Vapor (LRV 81.78). This room will have crown, wide jamb & casings, 5 ½” base, and fireplace crown & mantel.

I’m thinking of Benjamin Moore OC-10 White Sand, OC -18 Dove Wing, OC-19 Sea Pearl or OC-20 Pale Oak. But I need advice on how to read the color “formulations” and the “hue” numbers.

Thanks for any help!

Comment (1)