SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
krelos

Reward Flooring anyone? - Engineered hardwoods

krelos
last year

Anyone used these? There are several that I like but I can't find ANY reviews! I'm looking at a couple in the Costa collection. They seem like good quality and great colors. I need to do almost a whole house so I want to be sure it's something good! I've seen a couple mentions in here but mostly people asking like I am... Thanks!

Comments (126)

• Jill
    6 months ago

Van Briggle Floors- we’re putting Meadows Buttercup in kitchen as well as throughout first floor. Is it recommended to apply a protective covering of some kind in kitchen? We are only two sisters and two cats, not hard on our flooring.

• jeanne Haid
    6 months ago

How durable are the Reward Floors?

• Related Discussions

Reward Hardwood Flooring

Q

Comments (6)
    @lmp1959 I have a sample of the Reward Camino II in my living room, trying to decide. How did your install go? I’m indecisive and considering for a 2000sqft home... Cheers. EDIT: Nevermind. I just found another thread where you shared photos. Thank you!
    ...See More

Anyone have a review for Shaw Floor Estate Hickory Engineered hardwood

Q

Comments (0)
    Hey! I'm about to purchase some flooring, but have a hard time finding reviews for the Shaw Floor product I'm looking into. It's the Estate Hickory line, in the Ginger or Warm Sunset color. I'm trying to choose between these because they're GreenGuard Gold certified, the highest indoor air quality standard to date. I think the wear layer on these is about 1.8mm, so not the very best, but we're a younger couple doing a remodel and need 900 sq. ft. Needless to say, we want something durable but we can't break the bank for this project. Does anyone have this installed in their home, who would like to share your review and/or pictures? Thank you in advance!
    ...See More

Does anyone has experience with hardwood floor/engineer wood by MIRAGE

Q

Comments (9)
    If you are going to drop stuff on a wood floor and expect it not to dent, you should either get a harder wood, a textured wood that doesn't show dents as readily, or get something that's not wood. If you're getting a wood floor and expect it not to scratch, get something else. I've been doing Mirage for maybe 15 years and have no problems with the quality of their products. My major complaints would be that long ago they had quite a lot of short boards and their smooth products are so smooth that the look a bit fake and show dents and scratches more readily.
    ...See More

Reward or Amador engineered wood

Q

Comments (20)
    @btydrvn I confirmed that the cement overpour will involve leveling after. I like the lighter oak look. Some oak floors have too much wire brushing for me. Less color variation would be good since the flooring will be all over in our house. Reward seems to have a few different thicknesses 4mm, 3mm, 2mm. 4mm is more pricey than I am hoping for. We won’t refinish the floor since it’s seems like it would be a huge mess, plus if you refinish I think it could remove the distressed finish on the floor. What do you suggest for the wood thickness on engineered? Is 2mm too thin?
    ...See More
  • jeanne Haid
    6 months ago

I am considering White Oak Dandelion - but I think it might scratch easily. Is there a way to add extra protection?

• Jill
    6 months ago

Jeanne Haid- I’m not a pro, however, my contractor checked with his flooring guy who said Rewards is a quality flooring. I’m going to order a box to check out variations, durability as I have a few months before I need to order. Will report back, but it may be a month or so. BTW we have two cats, no dogs or kids.

• seanbro
    5 months ago

Finally had our floor installed. This is Reward Volpe

• Jill
    5 months ago

Beautiful! Thank you for posting photos!

• baltik
    4 months ago

I am about to have Anzio installed in our family room over plywood. The installer is going to be using a nail down installation, what sort of underlayment is best? we can do roofing paper, 1/4 rubber or 1/4 cork

• krelos
    Original Author
    4 months ago

@baltik they used red rosin paper under mine, over Advantech subfloor. Nail down as well. I don't know if climate matters. I am in Northern Indiana. We have a wide range of Temps and humidity.

• baltik
    4 months ago

@krelos - no issues with squeaks etc?

• jeanne Haid
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Jill Hilts. -thank you! And loving all the pictures - the floors look beautiful. I purchased white Oak Dandelion - Meadow collection. It may be several weeks (months) before it’s installed but I’ll post pics when it is.

• rkend
    4 months ago

We are starting our project tomorrow and installing Anzio in the entire house. We should be completed by mid to end of June. I’ll post some pics as I have them.

• Nicole Tirosh
    4 months ago

Would anyone be willing to share what price they got /sqft for the Anzio or Volpe?? Trying to figure out if it’s completely out of our budget! Also after a year what do you all think of this product!

• rkend
    4 months ago

@nicole tirosh - We got the contractor price for our product. 2925 square feet plus stair nose without sales tax was $21,200. We had demo and install costs on top of that.

• rkend
    4 months ago

Your supplier can give you a cost per square foot for your area.

• rkend
    4 months ago

Install of Anzio started today. Was able to snap a quick picture. Can post some more after more flooring goes down.

• rkend
    4 months ago

Here’s a pic of the first bit of install

• rkend
    4 months ago

Here is a better pic of our Anzio install. We found that the stair nose the vendor sent was significantly darker than the flooring and over 30 days to get a new shipment that may or may not match. So we are having the stair nose refinished locally to match the flooring. Be advised if you plan to use Anzio on stairs and check the stair nose product for matching once it arrives.

• krelos
    Original Author
    4 months ago

@baltik no squeeks at all so far... It's been through fall, winter, spring and our spring has been hot and humid! I also had all the seams in my subfloor sanded before install to ensure levelness since my house was built over winter and was covered in slush several times.

• collage1
    3 months ago

I'm so happy to have found this thread. I received a sample from Reward's Europa Collection, European Oak Elbe and it's my favorite of everything I've seen thus far. Has anyone used it? It would cover about 1200 square feet including our kitchen/great room.

• lyn2244
    3 months ago

For those asking about the quality and durability of Rewards engineered wood. My experience is it is not at all durable and poor quality. There is only my husband and me and 5 years after install the veneer is so thin it is chipping and peeling. I tried to fill it in with stain pen but it made it look worse. Finish is horrible and the company does not stand behind their product. We have the Camino collection hickory hardwood.

• collage1
    3 months ago

Thanks for posting, @lyn2244 although I'm sorry to hear about your experience. This definitely makes me hesitant. I wish there were more options for the color/finish I'm looking for.

• jeanne Haid
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

Lyn2244 - the only reviews i found were on their facebook page and they weren't good. But they carried my favorite floor so i went ahead and bought Dandelion from the Meadow collection. Wish it was a bit lighter- looks better in person

• lyn2244
    3 months ago

Good luck!

• jeanne Haid
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

thanks! lol! I hope Reward changes their practice and will help you out. Maybe others need to be wary of Reward and their products.

• Jill
    3 months ago

My builder’s floor guy said Reward is a very good flooring. Have not ordered yet, but still plan to.

• Jill
    3 months ago

Maybe Van Briggle Floors can weigh in. They mention that they carry Reward on their website. I also noticed they have been in business since 1970.

• alifiyaj
    3 months ago

hey, any thoughts on floating the Costa Anzio flooring? is it preferable as compared to gluing?

• hans136
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

Jeanne - I'm looking at the reward dandelion as well. They look very similar to Mirage floors (Hula Hoop) I wanted to buy but those are 20 weeks out! The floors in your pics look more grayish than the sample I received and the pic on their site. Is it really like that or maybe a lightning issue? Any more pics would be appreciated. Thanks!

• jeanne Haid
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

Hans136 - hi! they look much more blond to me than gray. the pictures don‘t do them justice - in the original pictures i posted before they look muddy. i would have liked a lighter floor but they are pretty light - lots of variation. i think they are lovely. i used a filter on the first 2 pictures but not on the last picture attached. i think the filtered pictures are more true to how they actually look. They look a lot like a naural wood - before staining.

I have more traditional red wood floors in the rest of the house. i think if if they were sanded and just water based poly was applied - without any stain - the 2 floors would blend nicely

you may want to check out Carlisle wide plank floors. i loved Studio Herringbone collection- Notting Hill- White Oak. They are more expensive and seem to be a better quality and beautiful.

Neither floor passes the key test - if you scratch a key across the surfsce - it will show. But much more noticeable with the Carlisle floor than the reward one (can barely see)

I’m very happy with my decision- i hope that continues to be the case.

Good luck!!

• hans136
    2 months ago

Jeanne - thank you so much for the pics, very helpful. The floors look beautiful and I'm going to go for it. I did look at Carlisle, but as you said they were too expensive, like $18-$20/sqft material only - makes Mirage look cheap!

Thanks again. Much appreciated!

• jeanne Haid
    2 months ago

Hans136 -i realized that when its only natural light - it can look a bit darker - so i dont mean to decieve you. So the lighting affects how it looks but I’m very happy. Good luck - I’d love to see pics when you are done!

• jeanne Haid
    2 months ago

Check out 3 Birds Renovations for inspiration! Love them!

• aha106
    last month

FYI on anyone considering Anzio....after settling on Anzio months ago, I finally went in to order as we are about a month away from installing our floors. Our local distributor said that Anzio has been discontinued because of "color shade issues." They didn't have enough stock from the same batch to cover my project, and I don't want to risk ordering from different batches where color shading may not be consistent. Curious to know if anyone encountered these color shade issues. As for me, I have to go pick out a different floor now.

• S L
    last month
    last modified: last month

After trying a sample box for color testing, we ordered 1200 sq ft of the Luna color. We compared Luna against Anzio, and in the end we went with Luna because it was lighter and brighter. We wanted a color that would brighten up our second floor. Will post pics once it's all installed! We've opened 3-4 boxes and the quality looks great so far.

• alifiyaj
    last month

Hi aha106, we had chosen Anzio as well and were told the same thing by the local distributors. We did pick another brand entirely. Since everything reward was very delayed.

• alifiyaj
    last month

All the best with your project. Hope you find the shade you’re looking for.

• Jill
    last month

We ordered a sample box of Reward Meadow Buttercup and found it to be too honey for our taste. Another sample box of Reward Prime Grade Europa Rhine will arrive at the end of this week. I contacted Reward directly and was told they have 34,000 sq ft in inventory.

• lcy2021
    last month

@alifiyaj - I was also just about to order Reward Anzio and was told the same thing, that it's being discontinued due to inconsistent color issues, so now I'm back to square one. What brand/collection/color did you end up going with? Is it similar to Anzio?

• alifiyaj
    last month

Lcy2021 - we went with a local brand call crystal flooring. It was recommended to us by our distributor. The product was similar in specifications as the costa Anzio. Color was similar too with the same character. See image below. This is color “Chumash” from crystal flooring. Just one thing that I wasn’t expecting was some of the knots in the wood were covered with wood filler. This was in about 20% of the knots in the wood. We installed about 2000sq ft. Again something we noticed cause we are hyper focused on the floors. But we love them. They’re warm but not yellow and don’t have the white washed look at the same time and have so much character. Good luck with your search. Hope you find something you like soon.

• lcy2021
    last month

@alifiyaj - Thank you so much for the information! And your floor looks beautiful! Glad you were able to find something local that you liked. Hopefully I'll have similar luck.

• Chris S
    25 days ago

Lynn 224, were the floors damaged by water or sunlight?

• Chris S
    25 days ago

Anyone have experience with Sereno line? I’m considering Sereno Pavone.

• Jill
    25 days ago

Collage1, did you order your flooring? What did you decide on? I ordered a second sample box from Reward - this time from their Europa Collection, prime grade in Rhine. Before ordering, I contacted Reward directly and was told it comes in a variety of lengths ( I had gotten conflicting information from two different local retailers).

This is really strange. The sample box came with ten 7’ planks, two of which were ‘scored’ at the two foot point. When I contacted Reward for clarification I was told they do this so the installer has option of cutting lengths on site. This makes no sense to me and it made no sense to my contractor because you wouldn’t have a beveled end if you cut on-site. He had never seen scoring before and why score at only the two foot point?

As much as I love the tone of Rhine and lack of knots and character, I will go back to square one with my search.

• krelos
    Original Author
    13 days ago

@Chris S I would think they would have had to have damage from something on them... Water or harsh cleaning solutions. That looks like the finish peeling also, not the veneer. I think some people probably also mop wood floors way too much. Or don't use the "dry mop" method.

• tfidalgo21
    3 days ago

@rkend hey! wondering how your anzio floora have held up in the past few months? any issies? did you install in kitchen? thanks!!

• rkend
    2 days ago

Hi @tfidalgo21 We did install in our kitchen. We installed in the entire house except for bathrooms and laundry room. The flooring is holding up really well - and we actually cook in our kitchen, have a Great Dane and a teenager! I’m really pleased with the color. The lighter wood with the dark knots doesn’t show the dog hair or really any dirt.

• Kim Valdes
    2 days ago

Hi, @Krelos - I have Anzio from the Costa collection and have had it now for a year. I have it through my entire house with the exception of the bathrooms. It's held up very nicely, I have a small dog and had a large hyper lab that lived with me for awhile. Everyone that comes to my house raves over the flooring. In my kitchen my fridge leaked everywhere, sat for 24 hours and no damage. My installers were awesome as well. Here's a few pics.

• lcy2021
    yesterday

@Kim Valdes - Thanks for sharing the photos! The floors look absolutely beautiful!

I've been told by Galleher that Reward is replacing Anzio with a new product called Ancona but it's supposed to be exactly the same as Anzio, without the inconsistent color issues. The first shipment is supposed to come in November. Has anyone seen or heard about it? I've looked at other colors in the Reward collection since being told that Anzio is being discontinued but I still like Anzio the best and it would be great to be able to get something similar.

• collage1
    yesterday

@Jill, I'm just seeing your message now so my apologies for the delay in responding. I gave the info to our contractor (Europa Collection, European Oak Elbe) and am not sure if he's' ordered yet or not. Our remodel will probably take until February--they're still working on the framing so it's way too early for me to share how I like the flooring but I'll be happy to share down the road. Good luck with your decision-making.

• Jill
    yesterday

collage1 - thank you for your response. I was looking at Reward Meadow Collection, Buttercup and ordered a sample box. We decided it had just a little too much honey for us. Otherwise it would have been perfect. We have since since moved on to Panaget.