SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jally1

Space-efficient leg-stretch tub for short person needing therapy

jally
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi, all, I've two questions, actually I'm pleading for info as its hard for me to get to HomeDepot:

(1) I'm 5-ft short. Do you know which of HomeDepot's (or other brands) 46-inch walk-in tubs can allow me to stretch my legs (for bathing therapy) the way the below Ella can do for tall people? I have both neuropathy, as well as severe varicosities, both very painful, so i MUST stretch my legs. The problem with tub presentations, is that they hardly ever show various height people sitting inside & stretching their legs to fullest. They often show "leaning backward" but omit leg-stretching.

The below Ella does not apply to me, because my layout requires space-efficiency. When I sit on a 13" high stepstool inside my dad's 46" home-built vintage shower stall, my legs can stretch comfortably, with room to spare, since i'm short.

But it seems so many of these 46" "luxury" tubs, are ridiculously NON-ROOMY INSIDE (unlike my dad's homemade shower + stepstool, which enables leg-stretch! Unless - am i mistaken & the 46" tubs do allow short people leg-stretch? Well how should I know if there's no clear presentation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGLpsrotwYk

(2) An even more priority question is: Can a contractor build a HOMEMADE WALK-IN TUB made to order for me? Reason: Due to my layout, I might require that the walk-in entry-point to the tub will need to correspond with a specific access point, rather than the set place where tub designers put it.

P.S. I saw some interesting comments here - not everyone nixed it:

https://www.buildzoom.com/answers/t/how-do-you-build-a-tile-bathtub/265

Also note that practicality & affordability it what I seek most. Thanks!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!