SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

Need help with floor and shower wall tile...gray and white

Peke
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I want a gray and white hall bathroom. Color will be added with towels, art, etc. The tub will be a tub/shower combo with a glass door and a pony wall on the end with glass above. No window in the bathroom.

The tub will be white, and it will have 2 tile walls. I have yet to see the tub so I don't know how "white" the tub will be. I need to choose floor tiles and shower wall tiles, and I am leaning toward a 12' x 24' gray floor tile with very little "movement". I thought I would choose a shower wall tile with a little "movement". Maybe a marble look??? Bianca Carrara porcelain or something like that. I don't want a plain white tile for the walls. The bathroom is 12' x 7' and cabinets are medium oak stained. Probably chrome fixtures. Kohler sink is white and Toto toilet is white, unless the whites don't match. I may need to buy a Toto sink.

Also, how should I lay out the tile in the 12' x 7' bathroom? 50/50 staggered, none staggered, or 1 tile horizontal and 1 vertical? Would that last one be a lot harder to do?

What about the shower tile? What size? I want as little grout as possible.

Countertops undecided! Maybe a marble? If so, should it be a marble exactly like the shower tile?

Floor tile I am thinking about using:

Floor tile layout examples:

50 /50 staggered

Not staggered.

1 horizontal and 1 vertical.

Opinions? Thanks.

Comments (8)