SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_657679129

Which flooring would you pick?

E Kil
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My husband and I are moving into a new house (that we hope will be our forever home... but then again, who hasn’t said that before and been proven wrong!) We will be doing a few updates- wood flooring throughout, new counters, and painting the cabinets and walls (Walls will be some sort of creamy white).

I am a sucker for trends and always regret it, so I am looking to make classic choices particularly with something as (hopefully) permanent as flooring. While I do definitely want to stick to lighter cabinets and counters, the floors are up for debate (My husband’s only preference is a wider plank; I don’t particularly care either way). We will be doing some sort of pre-finished engineered flooring. I have a ton of samples already, but recently ordered 4 colors from Hurst Hardwoods (French European Oak 7 1/2 inch wide planks).

I would say the house is French Country on the outside (as are most houses in Louisiana), although our furnishings are not over-the-top within that theme.

Inside the house are 3 antique Heart Pine doors that my carpenter said he can restain to complement whichever flooring we choose.

Of these colors, which ones do you think would be the “safest” choice?

The edges of the Hurst flooring are micro-beveled. Do you think that will be a dead giveaway for a ”fake” floor? Or is it much more subtle than the full bevel?

Has anyone worked with them before? Were you satisfied with the quality?

Appreciate Your input!

Comments (13)