SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meredith_trible

Front door ‘area’ decor updates... help new friends!

Meredith Trible
3 years ago

So, I have a big family reunion in August being hosted at my house. It has not been at my house in 11 years and I am running around like a mad person trying to cross T’s, dot i’s, spread mulch, paint stuff, and make the house look effortlessly cared for!

My home is in two parts that connect on each story. One part is a 1600’s (now a ‘wing’ - just waiting for me to breathe life into it 😉 - will ask for ideas on that later, can share picture album If I can figure out how if there are any historic home buffs, it sort of has my heart) the other part a larger ‘wing’ built in matching style by my parents in 1989.

With that being said, I cannot find planters that are pretty that don’t break the bank, OR a welcome mat that is wide enough for the doors! Also this front area, I don’t know what to do with it. I know it does not need to be a full “visit” area and a “patio” would be improper for the area. I have a large patio and screened porch in the back, but I feel the lone bench looks too lonely... or does it? Help! :) note - the sidewalk will be extended to the door of the old part when I start on that... (Eventually 😆 Lol)

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH