SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_334553484

Recessed Lights in bathroom location and amount

Jjaazzy
3 years ago

It's a whole new world in lighting just when you thought you had watts figured out along comes Led, lumens, Cri and whatever else.

Project 7x9 bathroom 4x7 of it is a walk in shower, the whole right side when you walk in. The left side half is 48" vanity first, toilet 2nd when walking in. The recessed, flush lens, Led says 540 Lumens and according to HD website it is suggested that a room this size, of this type get a total of 9 lights. So I am going to place 4 in the shower cause it is a big shower, I get that. The other side of the room suggests 5 lights. I am placing a combo exhaust fan/light over toilet. I don't have the lumens on that in front of me, so lets say that counts as 1 but I don't think it will be used much cause with it comes on with the fan, and I don't know about you but buzzzzzzz too much... it will have a separate switch by the toilet. So I am still needing 4 or 5

Then I have two vanity light, to either side of the mirror I think they are equivalent to a 40 watt. btw I don't find LED vanity lights these days all that bright, hence the 40 watts. So I am still needing to place the 5 lights? Seems like a lot. I don't want to under do either.

Last time I did sconces to either side of a mirror I put recessed halogens over the vanity counter. It was suggest not to put them behind me or directly over me, so I think I went a foot of the wall, center of counter that would be. I had a this feeling of the lights coming past my eyelashes and nose. And had wished that I placed them closer to the wall for more of a wash down the wall. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I would love to hear from people who have installed the new Led recessed lights and would love some direction from you. TIA

Comments (7)