SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_magoc

vertical/board and batten for my basic contemporary home revamp

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

The original t1-11 siding on our house is in bad shape and is being destroyed by woodpeckers. We are looking into vertical siding or board and batten but would like to break it up so the entire house isn't vertical. We are thinking shakes on the top corners of the house and stone on the foundation. Any other design ideas as to make it have more curb appeal and texture? And suggestions for material? composite board and batten? hardie vertical? We will also be building a new wrap around deck with a roof over the whole deck and removing the 2nd story balcony (replacing the sliding glass doors with a smaller window) so we can have a decent roof over the new deck. Any color ideas also appreciated. I have included old pictures of the house as well as a quick mock up i did online (its not the best mock up but it gives an idea). The differences from the original house vs now is that we painted the front and garage man door white, have new garage doors (darker wood color) and a slate gray metal roof.

Comments (6)