Cameraman smashed in the stomach with riot shield during George Floyd

bleusblue2

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/02/cameraman-smashed-stomach-riot-shield-george-floyd-protest-12792200/

Cameraman smashed in the stomach with riot shield during George Floyd protest

Nazism? Fascism? Name it what you like -- Unbelievable from one moment to the next -- the great divider triumphs -- "Dominate them"! Not a looter in sight and the press is not welcome. That "officer" should be arrested no ifs ands or buts. Better yet, clear that armed shield bearing mob out!

SaveComment25Like2
Comments (25)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blfenton

This is the incident that I mentioned on this thread https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5929888/cpj-at-least-125-press-freedom-violations-over-3-days-of-us-protests

There is a video of it on the same link and it is abhorrent. If I'm not mistaken it took place during the clearing of Lafayette Park for trumps photo-op.

1 Like Save    
bleusblue2

Thanks Bifenton -- I just saw this -- don't know how I missed it. I am so so so shocked -- is the polite thing to take down my post? Whatever the protocol ...

Save    
blfenton

No leave it up = I only made a comment but for some reason couldn't post the link. You helped with that/ Thanks.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by bleusblue2
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Not in all, but in way too many cities police acted like vicious hoodlums, not even caring that in many instances they were filmed doing so. Something has to be done - when did they become our enemies to this degree? Not all of them, by any means, but too many by any stretch of the imagination.

1 Like Save     Thanked by bleusblue2
bleusblue2

When I go to that original link I have to scroll down to find the video -- it wasn't like that originally -- I hope this one doesn't change -- it should take you right to the video I mention ...

https://metro.co.uk/video/police-assault-journalists-washington-dc-2183586/?ito=vjs-link

Save    
ohiomom

Some are acting this way because they have a friend in tweety ... they are taking their cue from him. On the other hand, more LE are reaching out to the people in the communities that they serve and protect. Doesn't make for news or personal agendas, but after the mayor closed down our downtown area, there was a peaceful protest yesterday at the 1st District police station.

Like in D.C. though the peaceful protesters that actually live in the community had to call out the agitators who showed up late and tried to start trouble. I posted a video from instagram yesterday that showed this happening in D.C. where a local black resident confronted some out of area/towners whose purpose was to stir up the crowd to commit violence.

#don'tfeedthefire

lurker111

"Stuff" happens in the fog of war. Don't fall for the "peaceful protester" propaganda videos. They are sooo easy to spot.

Save    
paprikash

Police - Vicious Hoodlums? I guess that makes the looters — what, choirboys?

the democrats live in an upside down world

3 Likes Save    
jmm1837

The man being hit in thatcphoto is not a rioter, not a hoodlum, not a looter. How can you possibly justify that if you believe in law and rights?

5 Likes Save     Thanked by bleusblue2
lurker111

Everyone has to obey police orders, especially in a violent protest that destroys cities and kills innocent cops and innocent people, destroys historical monuments. How can anyone excuse the violence and destruction the left has unleashed on our country?

Save    
ohiomom

Yet all across the country police officers are walking in solidarity with the protesters chanting and praying. Protesters are not looters and looters are not protesters.

And those who wreak havoc and promote violence have a different agenda. Most people know this, it just does not fit their narrative/agenda. Heck some of even hold an upside down bible.

Standing In Solidarity

4 Likes Save     Thanked by bleusblue2
lurker111

Psychology 101.

Save    
dandyfopp

Reminds me of the scenes when Erdogan thugs were allowed to attack and beat protestors in DC.. except now it is our police.

MAGA

2 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

Everyone has to obey police orders, especially in a violent protest that destroys cities and kills innocent cops and innocent people, destroys historical monuments. How can anyone excuse the violence and destruction the left has unleashed on our country?

The press is often exempt from the same rules and restrictions that are applied to the general population to make sure that justice is upheld and that the truth is revealed.

The press is not to be attacked unless you wish to suppress transparency, especially when it is very clear who and what they are. It is not like they were caught up in a crowd and were hit by accident.

It is thanks to the press that oppressive governments around the world are exposed.

You made that connection and twisted the OP.

Some police= hoodlums

All looters= hoodlums

Some police= choir boys

No looters= choir boys

See, there are other options, or do you believe that there are no bad cops, because that kind of viewpoint is what got us to this time in history.

blfenton

There are often violent protests and sometimes it's the only way to get a message across is by hammering the same point over and over and over again. Remember the civil rights protests or about Vietnam War protests? The people hammering the same point over and over and over again until someone finally pays attention.

Looting and destruction of property has unfortunately become a by-product of some protests where a fringe group with no ideological view except to destroy become the story and it's the wrong story.

Save     Thanked by bleusblue2
bleusblue2

paprikash

lurker111

~~~~

Diversion -- neither of these comments responds to the OP. I guess it doesn't bother them. "stuff happens"

2 Likes Save    
barncatz

Then the second cop comes over and tries to baton the girl as she's running away.

blfenton

In my reading of this incident I think this might be an Australian news crew and is being reported on Australian 7 news.

miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

Even if I bought the premise that it is a confusing riot and “stuff happens” (which I do not btw) that doesn’t excuse it.

If police forces are so inept that they can’t remain in control of their emotions in the midst of mass hysteria then we do indeed have a terrible problem with how police are recruited, trained, and ordered.

1 Like Save    
jmm1837

If thats the Aussie crew, then no, there was no riot, and there were in fact no orders because they were backed against the fence with nowhere to go. The only violence was being committed by the police. A disgrace.

5 Likes Save    
isabellagracepan

This is the Australian news crew. Here is a longer video about it from the BBC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH8Zw8gjAEU

I don't see how anyone can defend these attacks on the press. Journalists from Australia, Germany and Russia have all been attacked by American police while reporting.

Never did I think I would see this in America. The United States has been such a strong advocate for freedom of the press, and now reporters are being hurt by police. There is absolutely no excuse. Police are here to protect people- NOT to hurt them!

2 Likes Save    
youngquinn_gw

The two men seen attacking the Australian press in this video have been placed on administrative duties pending investigations of the incident. The Australian Ambassador has lodged a complaint about their treatment.

5 Likes Save    
petalique

Jeremy Bash dubbed Trump’s photo op stunt “The March Of The Upside-Down Bible.” Peaceful protestors in Lafayette Park before curfew were set upon and assaulted by police using batons, tear gas, pepper spray, shields (as assault weapons) all to clear the peaceful legal protest demonstration so that the divisive, belligerent, impeached Donald Trump could stage his “look tough” photo op for his campaign goals.

No healing words, just a call to arms against American citizens, the press and foreign guest journalists.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Greg Doucette is chronicaling police brutality during the protests.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1266751520055459847?s=21

warning, these videos are brutal.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Gosh law enforcement is acting like press and protesters are enemies of the people.

Who gave them that idea?

2 Likes Save    
At Angel Home Enterprise, Inc., we've built our livelihoods on improving the living environments of our clients.... Read More