Most Americans say Trump is 'racist' and want him to stop tweeting

dublinbay z6 (KS)

Oh, oh, Trumpsters aren't going to be happy with this poll.

---------------------------------

"The survey, conducted on May 29 and 30, found that 52 percent of Americans answered yes when asked whether they “think that President Trump is a racist.” Only 37 percent said no. Just 33 percent said the president should continue “posting messages on Twitter.” Fifty-four percent said no to the question.

A similar majority of Americans said they disapprove of Trump’s handling of race relations — among them, 41 percent of the total agreed “strongly” and 12 percent agreed “somewhat.”

https://news.yahoo.com/new-yahoo-news-you-gov-poll-most-americans-say-trump-is-a-racist-and-want-him-to-stop-tweeting-160841770.html

-----------------------------

But most of us here on HT forum already knew that, didn't we!

Kate

SaveComment11Like3
Comments (11)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Izzy Mn(4)

Many of us knew Trump was only going to make matters worse with his rhetoric, he can't help himself. I have to wonder if he worked in a few tips he got from Putin on how to handle this and what to say to show that he is a "strong" (arm) leader.

Doubt there are any transcripts of that conversation and no one listening in. Just who is running the playbook at the White House now?

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

I don't think Donnie needs Putin to tell him how to do this, Donnie is being his authentic self.

It is all there in his words and deeds and has been for decades.

The poll doesn't surprise me.

He is a unifying force and it will be his undoing.

1 Like Save    
Olychick

I can't believe the numbers are what they are. Why can't at least 90% of people see that he's racist. It should be 100%, but that's probably giving too much credit to some of our citizens.

3 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

I think it is more a matter of how closely people follow politics rather than their code about what racist actions are.

2 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Trump proudly displayed his bigotry with his attacks on the Central Park Five, endorsement of birtherism, and at the announcement of his presidential candidacy.

3 Likes Save    
kadefol

Oh, oh, Trumpsters aren't going to be happy with this poll.

Trumpsters only believe in polls if they are from fox news or breitbart and favor the orange snowflake. :)

3 Likes Save    
sjerin

I think much of the 37 percent don't watch or read actual news reports and base their opinions only on fb posts, etc. that are favorable to t. Are pollsters allowed to call cell phones these days? Otherwise, they're getting a whole lotta older people on the other end--that's a skewed poll.

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Trump proudly displayed his bigotry with his attacks on the Central Park Five, endorsement of birtherism, and at the announcement of his presidential

candidacy.

Don't forget housing discrimination.

For Daddy Trump.

4 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

"52 percent of Americans answered yes when asked whether they “think that President Trump is a racist.

How many of that 52% like it that they think he is?

A basket full.

2 Likes Save    
Penny

I want him to keep tweeting because he’s slowly disintegrating.

3 Likes Save    
chisue

I don't see information about the polling itself.

Have YOU been polled lately? Not me. (Maybe some of those 'caller unknown' numbers on my phone?)

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular How to Hang the American Flag at Home
We’ll show you how to display the American flag on your house for Memorial Day, the Fourth of July or all year round
Full Story
Bathroom Design Key Measurements to Make the Most of Your Bathroom
Fit everything comfortably in a small or medium-size bath by knowing standard dimensions for fixtures and clearances
Full Story
Most Popular Is Open-Plan Living a Fad, or Here to Stay?
Architects, designers and Houzzers around the world have their say on this trend and predict how our homes might evolve
Full Story