CT State Police Statement...

Annie Deighnaugh

We’re disgusted that anyone wearing a police uniform would do what we all saw in that video. We’re angry that the actions of a few will affect all of us. If you wear a badge and aren’t appalled by that what you saw, please turn it in and find a new profession; we don’t need you. For the sake of the community, for the sake of good law enforcement officers everywhere and for the sake of our country, enough is enough.

https://www.wfsb.com/news/connecticut-state-police-issue-statement-on-death-of-george-floyd/article_d3458324-a436-11ea-80e7-f7f2725390bb.html

Yes...exactly!

SaveComment45Like15
Comments (45)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Hallelujah!!!

3 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Inspiring!

1 Like Save    
Kathy

We need to see more of this if we are to heal from this tragedy. City by city and each locality because we have no national leader at this point.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Just let them riot. How nice. This is inviting trouble and pandering to terrorists. This says that the looting and violence are fine and the police should stay out of it. This is the type of garbage that has no place in a civilized society.

If this is the person I think it is, a black female cop, then I saw her speech and she said much worse.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

lurker, you do yourself no honor by posting lies.

The link is there.

Read it.

12 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

We need to see more of this if we are to heal from this tragedy. City by city and each locality because we have no national leader at this point.

Really the least that can be done.

4 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

Hoot! She saw it on Fox!

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Yep, I saw her video on FOX. Is that all you have? :^)

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Show me the video lurker.

Save    
lurker111

Find it yourself.

Save    
foodonastump

First of all the topic of this post, which is the CT State Police statement, has to do with the killing of George Floyd, not protesters, not the rioters, not the looters.

Secondly, here’s the black woman who heads up the CT State Police.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by Annie Deighnaugh
lurker111

That's what you call a black woman? Okay...

Save    
foodonastump

“Whoosh” as they say.

15 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Wonderfu!

An announcement that more PDs need to make, and then follow words by actions.

No bad apples tolerated in US PDs!

2 Likes Save    
barncatz

I posted the link to this in the thread about the use of military to clear a peaceful protest. These are statements from Arlington Va police and county board (who had been assisting DC Park Police but withdrew their officers after federal LEO and military violently cleared the park) about George Floyd's murder:

“ACPD’s Civil Disturbance Unit responded to a mutual aid request by United States Park Police for assistance maintain peace and order on federal park land,” department spokeswoman Ashley Savage said. “ACPD began providing support [Sunday].”

The department has worked to maintain a positive relationship with the community over the years, including by handing out water to protesters in Arlington on Sunday. On Friday, amid nationwide protests over the death of George Floyd, police chief M. Jay Farr released a statement.

“It is impossible for us to achieve our mission if we lose the trust of our community,” he wrote. “When force is used, we must hold ourselves accountable for our actions.”

Separately Monday night, Arlington County issued a statement regarding Floyd’s killing.

“The Arlington County Board condemns the murder of George Floyd by police officers in Minneapolis, including the complicit officers who participated in and witnessed the murder,” the statement reads. “While the video was shocking, the circumstances of the murder should not be; they are too familiar in a nation where the disregard for and devaluing of Black lives is too common, and too often comes at the hands of the people sworn to protect them.”

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Me: Show me the video lurker.

lurker: Find it yourself.

As I suspected....you got nothin'.

Thanks FOAS...and here are the black women who handle the public info office of the CT State Police...

3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

So close!

1 Like Save    
studio10001

Saw it on FOX last night, or stayed at a Holiday Inn last night?

Save    
lurker111

It was on FOX last night, and they ridiculed her. Sometime between 8-11 central time. Feel free to look it up. I'm not going to look for a video because I saw it on TV. It wasn't some silly internet article.

Save    
studio10001

Soooo, both? :)

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

lurker, I know this might be hard to deal with, but you could simply be *wrong*.

6 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Or more likely there was in fact someone on Fox, he’s just waiting for enough people to say there wasn’t before he posts a link or video, and then when it’s pointed out it’s not the person who wrote the statement he’ll say he never said it was. It’s all a game.

6 Likes Save    
studio10001

The pause you hear is the mad search for a TV clip...... :)

meanwhile, state troopers joined hands with protesters in a prayer circle on I 84. The governor has said they will handle this ' the Connecticut way', not with domination.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

and then when it’s pointed out it’s not the person who wrote the statement he’ll say he never said it was. It’s all a game.

Of course. Your attempt to spin my words was very weak. I never said what you thought you read, Read my words and don't let your imagination run away from you. :^)

The pause you hear is the mad search for a TV clip...... :)

Don't kid yourself. :^)

Save    
studio10001

Couldn't find it, huh?

Well, back to the Holiday Inn for you!!!

1 Like Save    
MrsM(6)

lol

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Lurker just name her or approximately what her position is or approximately what she said, or let it go. Or better yet, admit that from the very start you were addressing the riots when that had NOTHING to do with the state police statement.

2 Likes Save    
jmm1837

Truth 1 Lurker 0

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

I'll look for it later tonight, if I have the time. It's still in my DVR.

Save    
maddie260

Lol

1 Like Save    
KarenS, NYC

Why folks do you waste your time this way, especially on such an important thread?

A comparably uplifting & important message appeared on tonight's news covering Newark, NJ, which surprisingly, did NOT experience riots & looting this week.

Apparently, the peaceful protesters & authorities united together, told the looters & rioters that they were not from Newark, weren't wanted there & wouldn't be allowed to cause havoc & destruction there. They kept the peace in their town; may we all learn from this.

6 Likes Save    
lurker111

Why folks do you waste your time this way, especially on such an important thread?

They aren't capable of having an intelligent debate and play their silly games, of course. I'm used to it and don't expect anything less.

There are no peaceful protesters. The people you call "peaceful protesters" are enablers.

"We come in peace."

Yeah, sure. We can see that. Our country looks like a war zone, thanks to their peaceful protests. People are being killed in these "peaceful protests". Cops are being murdered in these "peaceful protests". Some people are boarding up their windows and writing minority owned and black owned, in fear of their own people. Lamb's blood in a spray can.

Save    
foodonastump

None of which has anything to do with the OP and you still haven’t provided a video.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

I'm not worried about it. The left is so far behind and it isn't my job to keep them up to speed. Act like an adult and I might be willing to help.

Save    
foodonastump

Help what? Spread lies like “there are no peaceful protestors”? No thanks.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

They aren't capable of having an intelligent debate and play their silly games, of course. I'm used to it and don't expect anything less.

Oy! The irony!!!

4 Likes Save    
bry911

There are no peaceful protesters.The people you call "peaceful protesters" are enablers.

Well then using that logic, there are no good cops. The people you call "good cops" are enablers.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

I'm happy to see that some people waste so much of their time, hopelessly trying to discredit my posts. You won't get that time back. :^)

Save    
foodonastump

Where’s the video

Save    
lurker111

On FOX. Have fun. :^)

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

This thread is mostly a waste of time.

Kate

Save    
bry911

I'm happy to see that some people waste so much of their time, hopelessly trying to discredit my posts. You won't get that time back. :^)

Irony much?

Ignoring the deflection, I assure you that discrediting your posts are no herculean effort... However, I don't consider correcting ignorance a waste of time.

But since you are concerned about my time, I responded while waiting for something to download and so my opportunity cost was actually ZERO... I would have been staring at my office wall, and while that well may be more productive than pointing out a few ironies to you, it is hardly precious time.

Save    
studio10001

Sorry, Karen, but there was complaint yesterday that not enough attention was being paid to her posts - so this was the attention. Admittedly, this particular thread has allowed a pretty easy razz, but a well earned one!

Save    
lurker111

But since you are concerned about my time,

Not at all. I wasn't referring to you. I never read your posts and just now noticed that you quoted me.

Save    
Lulu Smith

What's this about?

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Traditional Homes Houzz Tour: Connecticut Farm Restored for Generations to Come
A man renovates his extended family’s stately farmhouse and land. Sustainable practices are used in gardens, wetlands and recreation areas
Full Story
Landscape Design California Says Goodbye to the Sprawling Ornamental Lawn
New state rules will effectively limit turfgrass to 25 percent of the landscape in most new and renovated yards
Full Story
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Silphium Perfoliatum Pleases Wildlife
Cup plant provides structure, cover, food and water to help attract and sustain wildlife in the eastern North American garden
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
You can rely on Tristone Granite and Marble Shop's fabrication experts! Our certified technicians offer a... Read More