We Have A Leader!

wildchild2x2

SaveComment203Like9
Comments (203)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blfenton

Yes, a leader who doesn't know his limitations under the Insurrection Act. You must be so proud of his ignorance.

20 Likes Save    
Bunny

He's disgusting.

21 Likes Save    
bfox254

Please explain how that show of supposed "leadership" helps calm the country

18 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

When you’re rich they let you do it.

5 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Does this mean the topic title isn't sarcastic?

21 Likes Save    

I’m not leftist, but you are correct that there is seemingly nothing Trump does that meets even my lowest expectations of human behaviour, never mind leadership.

ETA in response to a missing comment. Have to remember to quote every single time.

9 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

"you all?"

Save    
cattyles

Carolb, you made me lol.

2 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

I stand for racial equality. I stand for swift justice against thugs. See how easy that is it's really really not that difficult if you believe in your values about right versus wrong. I don't waste time virtue signaling. Easy.

9 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

This is STRENGTH. Saying that some US citizens must be dominated while he has protesters tear gassed for a photo-op is not strength or leadership.

19 Likes Save    

I stand for racial equality. I stand for swift justice against thugs. See how easy that is it's really really not that difficult if you believe in your values about right versus wrong. I don't waste time virtue signaling. Easy.

———

I started a thread about what is virtue signalling.

The general consensus was that it is an attitude of “I am so great and you could be just as good as me, here’s how.”

In other words, exactly what is demonstrated in the above quoted comment.

22 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

2 officers run over by car in Buffalo, NY. Way to go, Cuomo.

I guess he's moved on from mass killing of seniors.

7 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Tear gassing protestors and using a church as a prop.

Donnie is a coward and a pathetic one.

30 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Not everyone cares about Democracy.

8 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Politicians who believed in American values would denounce this
behavior, even if it came from their own leader. Republicans have been
silent at best, and many are expressing approval. So it’s now crystal
clear that the GOP is not a normal political party; it is an American
equivalent of Hungary’s Fidesz or Poland’s Law and Justice, an
authoritarian regime in waiting.

16 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Either you stand by let the violence continue or you support ending it. If you choose to support it then you don't get a vote in how it ends.

No wildchild, the ends don't justify the means.

We can want the violence to end and want it to be done *legally* and with a minimum of injury and harm to anyone or anything while respecting *everyone's* civil liberties including the right to *peaceful* protest. And that includes the posse comitatus act: The Posse Comitatus Act outlaws the willful use of any part of the Army or Air Force to execute the law unless expressly authorized by the Constitution or an act of Congress.

We can want to see the laws enforced by law enforcement agencies, not by the military who are trained to shoot to kill without regard for anyone's civil rights or liberty.

This should never be America:

21 Likes Save    
Bunny

“Yano.” Why does that ring a bell?

4 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Fun Fact: President Nixon met with anti-war protestors camped out at the Lincoln Memorial.

10 Likes Save    
maddie260

No, wildchild, we do get a vote how this ends. It ends in November.

14 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Walter Shaub @waltshaub

Now it's the U.S. military shattering windows in DC, using the machines of war to intimidate a civilian population that paid for those machines.

9 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Zolan Kanno-Youngs @KannoYoungs

As protesters made their way into Chinatown, military helicopters were positioned just above rooftops, sending gusts of dust into the air. A part of a tree fell, nearly hitting passerbys. The crowds dispersed down side streets. Some storefronts were shattered. #DCProtest.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

When are they going to start taking out civilians with drones? That must be coming, no?

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Tantrum tot LOL. That is perfect.

10 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Am I finally getting how to play the tantrum tot game? Teach me more.

No one here need teach anyone about being a tantrum tot when you can just follow the POTUS' lead....he's a master....can put any 4 yr old to shame.

13 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Bethel

@betheltsegaye

@MayorBowser How can you allow the military to take over your own streets and target innocent civilians? People are being cornered by brutal forces and being forced to seek refuge in the homes of other DC residents. Cancel the curfew and protect your people. #dcprotest

3 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Maybe they learned about the FIRST AMENDMENT to the US CONSTITUTION

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prevents the government from making laws which regulate an establishment of religion, prohibit the free exercise of religion, or abridge the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble, or the right to petition the government for redress of grievances

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

In the Rose Garden, Trump said he is an “ally of all peaceful protestors” as the world watched peaceful protestors being tear gassed outside of the WH gates.

18 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

By the way, there are no "Leftists" here. And there aren't many that vote in US elections.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

A couple of things to keep in mind are that freedom of assembly is a constitutional right and that using tear gas on people is a war crime.

17 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

BTW, when was the last time an American President called a Russian dictator during a domestic crisis?
Besides this morning.

18 Likes Save    
Kathy

This is what we read about happening in other dictator countries. Now it is here. Make no mistake it’s a global movement.

11 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Amazing how quickly they embrace the authoritarian regime.

11 Likes Save    
catspa_zone9sunset14

Getting what done and what rules? He's only getting as far as Washington, D.C., and there only because there's no governor, but then what? I mean, enjoy your moment of glee, there, wildchild, but it's a bit overdone, don't you think?

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

If you look up Putin and Antifa you can see what he has been doing.

4 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Interesting that public safety is an important issue when peaceful protestors are assembled, but dismissed as an argument against mandatory wearing of masks and restrictions of personal services during a pandemic which has killed more than 106,000 persons in the US.

26 Likes Save    

Trump is late to the party -- once again.

From The Hill:

Trump . . . urged governors nationwide to “dominate” their streets with National Guard deployments.

Doesn't he know that a number of governors have already done this?

Shouldn't LA Mayor Eric Garcetti be cheered as a leader since we already have the CA National Guard here?

9 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

"dominate", I believe, has a different meaning for Trump. I don't think he wants the NG to just be there, I think he is hoping for a use of force.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

Bunny

“Yano.” Why does that ring a bell?

I think it might be a NYC thing, L.

2 Likes Save    
ImWithJoe

this “president of law and order and an ally to peaceful protesters” had the police gas and assault peaceful protestors without provocation and before any curfew so that the crazed wannabe dictator could have a photo op holding a bible and pretending to be holy.

17 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

Peaceful protesters in my area this afternoon and evening. They came they walked, they didn't block traffic, they didn't scream and intimidate people or beat on cars. They grumbled a bit about the curfew but went home at curfew and said they understood. Now they have my full support. There may have been a handful of arrests fro minor skimishes but this was protest not a riot. That's how it's done.

6 Likes Save    

they didn't scream

Nothing wrong with screaming or yelling.

Crickey, here comes a helicopter overhead and sirens. I thought we were done with this last night.

1 Like Save    
wildchild2x2

Guess the thugs are back Nancy. Stay safe.

5 Likes Save    

Nothing to do with George Floyd -- auto theft in Venice and police pursuit through the neighborhood. Apprehended on Venice Blvd.

2 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

Good.

3 Likes Save    

Videos posted online of police in Van Nuys (San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles) in the process of arresting business owners who were out past curfew protecting their shops from a looter who tried to force an entry. A woman who saw what happened was finally able to get the attention of one officer, explain the situation, give a description of the would-be looter, and ask for the release the shop owners.

4 Likes Save    
heri_cles

Poor people sometimes steal stuff when they see an opportunity ... especially those apparently so desperate that they stole toilet paper and diapers from a local Walgreen drug store.

Systemic poverty and segregation have been simmering for a long time yet no one has a plan to address the endless cycle.

3 Likes Save    
linaria_gw(zone 7 (about))

BTW, when was the last time an American President called a Russian dictator during a domestic crisis?
Besides this morning.

I guess he wanted to get advice from a pro how to supress unruly underlings and nasty press properly.

a call to Vlad, his bff, really, and no one raises an eyebrow in his holy party of family values and "proper religion"????

watching from across the pond, cant believe the scenes, pinch myself, no, really US, not some backward sh*ithole-country-dictator, no, just Trump, "leader of the free world"

---

could easily die of laughter at this real-life-irony if it was not so dire,

----

and no, not praying for you, cause daddy Lord won`t do sh*t to improve the situation

1 Like Save    
linaria_gw(zone 7 (about))

there seem to be alternatives,

what is the saying: you reap what you sow...

for some weird reason a recent dinner discussion with my young sons drifted towards batons/ trunchons (Lego and some fiction stories may have triggered it), so we ended up researching truchons, and why the UK bobbies are not armed, in contrast to US police

and came across their (UK) priciple (forgot its name)

:"to win the hearts and minds of the public as a first step to crime prevention..."

seems that works even in the US

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Donnie told the governors if they didn't crack down they would look like weak jerks.

All is projection with the tantrum tot so we know he has been seething down in the bunker thinking he looks like a weak jerk.

And he is right, don't say I never gave him credit for being right. :-)

7 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

We do have a leader! He's working to ensure our domestic terrorists are held accountable for the destruction of communities all across the United States.

Rioters have had a field day finishing off businesses that escaped destruction by the Covid19 shut down. I assume the federal government is already learning a great deal about how all of these "spontaneous" riots arose across the country.

Can't wait to learn where all those pallets of bricks came from. I'm guessing it won't hard to figure out where they were made and sold, who paid for them, and who gave the orders to put them on street corners. With cameras everywhere these days, escaping accountability won't be easy, and that's a very good thing for all of us.

6 Likes Save    
ohiomom

Depends on who left the cases of warm water and pallets of bricks .... if it does not fit a certain narrative I imagine the federal government will be silent. I also imagine the federal government knows nothing bout' those trucks and buses parked nearby.

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

My heart is breaking for America. All of America.

2 Likes Save    
bry911

We Have a Dealer!

There, I fixed the title for you...

7 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Depends on who left the cases of warm water and pallets of bricks ....
if it does not fit a certain narrative I imagine the federal government
will be silent."

That's why a free press is important. Surely the MSM isn't sitting around waiting for a report from the government. Where are the investigative reporters within the MSM?

4 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Stop those protesting police brutality with more police brutality. Makes sense in Trump’s world. And it plays well to the cult.

It’s clear that the party of small government loves an authoritarian leader. They want a dictator instead of a president. Maybe it’s from the Evangelical man-rules-the-family thing?

10 Likes Save    
daisychain01

So protesting not being able to get a hair cut and a manicure is okay, but protesting murder is not okay?

When did we become an economy rather than a society?

Of all the things we are capable of, people choose to do this?

10 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

Haha!

But, social media users are ridiculing his photo op, comparing it to former Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis' botched campaign photo posing on an Army tank.

4 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

this “president of law and order and an ally to peaceful protesters” had the police gas and assault peaceful protestors without provocation and before any curfew so that the crazed wannabe dictator could have a photo op holding a bible and pretending to be holy.

Bears repeating, peaceful protestors harassed so Trump can take a stroll and appear strong. What type of leader does that? There is seriously something wrong with his thought process.

8 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

trump has made it clear how he views *every* issue...every single one:

“You have to dominate. If you don’t dominate, you’re wasting your time,” he said. “They’re going to run over you. You’re going to look like a bunch of jerks.”

trump learned this from cohn. Now to some, this is being a "leader," but these are the words of a bully.

He doesn't care *who* is on the other side. *Anyone* who disagrees with him or stands in his way needs to be dominated. This is how we get from trump loving his elderly base supporters, to throwing them under the covid bus because their numbers make him look bad.

Moreover, this thinking is anathema to the very principles of the Constitution and our country's foundation which is that *all* individuals have inalienable rights which the government must protect. trump cares nothing about such protections; he cares nothing about your individual rights. It's ok, cops. Smash their heads when you put them in the car...no need to protect them. No need to protect *you*.

13 Likes Save    
heri_cles

"Democrat" instead of "Democratic" didn't get enough of a rise so now its "crats"?

8 Likes Save    
deegw

peaceful - free from disturbance, tranquil

protest - a public expression of objection, disapproval or dissent towards an idea or course of action

riot - violent public disturbance

looting - stealing during a war or riot.

6 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

We saw what your peaceful protesters did the nights before. We saw what they did after they were forced to back away from their assault on the White House. How peaceful! It's pathetic to see the crats and foreigners trying to defend the thugs. It can only mean that they support them.

The night before is the night before, if people gather during the day in peace they have that right in a free country., if you don't allow that right, you are not free. I wonder how many people can gather peacefully in NK? Is that what you wish your country becomes?

Defending peaceful protestors is not the same as defending thugs, but as we have seen time and time again, some people cannot see more than one side of an issue at the same time.

3 Likes Save    
heri_cles

There have been a lot of thugs in these riots and some of them are Police.

9 Likes Save    
Kathy

We have a dictator that is following in the steps of Putin. If you are reading and watching what Putin is doing in Russia you will have an idea how it will go here in US.

Boys were arrested and accused of being a leftist terror group. Tortured to confess and jailed up to 18 years. They hadn’t done anything but were a loosely formed gun shooting practice group that published utube videos of their practice.

If Trump keeps blaming Antifa and denying RW extremists are active He is condoning their behavior and in fact may be complicit.

4 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Republicans in Washington have given Donald Trump the Baby Rattle of Absolute Power, and if they think that they can just one day take it back and restore anything like America they've never watched the History Channel

11 Likes Save    
bry911

It's pathetic to see the crats and foreigners trying to defend the thugs. It can only mean that they support them.

Do you think these kind of straw man arguments are effective? Really straw man is being generous, projecting is probably more accurate. The only people I see defending a thug are those defending President Trump.

I don't think anyone here is defending looters and violent rioters. Your saying it doesn't make it true. The sad thing is, many claiming otherwise know it's a lie, but the need to score some imaginary point far outweighs any commitment to veracity.

----

I can support the reason for action without supporting the action. I know this is hard for those of you who need an absolute either/or world, but I can simultaneously support people who are doing wrong while condemning the wrong they are doing. I can look at a man throwing a brick through a window and say, "I understand your anger and believe it needs to be addressed," while simultaneously saying, "you need to be arrested for throwing a brick through that window."

If you can't do that in this situation, then rioters and looters are not the enduring problem you are facing.

18 Likes Save    

Trump's Dukakis moment. LOL.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

What a surprise....trump spoke to putin just hours before he started gassing the American people and calling for military use against them across the nation, threatening governors and calling them jerks.

President Trump and President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia spoke by telephone on Monday....

So whose advice do you think he's taking? Where do you think he's getting all these bright authoritarian takeover ideas from?

And then there's this...yet again the WH is letting the kremlin take the lead.

Hours after the Kremlin first described the call on its website, the White House released a statement ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/01/us/politics/trump-putin-g7.html

This WH has done this from the beginning. The *only* way we know of any such meetings and calls between trump and putin is after the kremlin has published them. Not before. That's how much control trump's ceded to putin.

We are so screwed.

9 Likes Save    
Kathy

We have a leader. I’m listening to Biden speak in Pa.

eta; wait for it! Trump conniption.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

9 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

So to whom was trump delivering this message by holding up this bible?

1 Like Save    
Nana H

Yes the US has a leader and he is addressing the Nation right now !

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

I thought the same thing Annie.

1 Like Save    
blfenton

I don't know who he's holding the bible for - Pence's evangelists? All I know is that he had Americans attacked by armed forces for a photo-op in which he and his fellow old white men look like idiots.

“You have to dominate. If you don’t dominate, you’re wasting your time,” he said. “They’re going to run over you. You’re going to look like a bunch of jerks.”

This is probably how he has run his life and his company for decades.

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Yes the US has a leader and he is addressing the Nation right now !"

Much as you may wish that to be so, Nana, it is not true. Under our system, Joe Biden must first run for the nomination of the Democratic party, and then run for and win the presidency.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

No abh, nature abhors a vacuum and when there's a leadership vacuum at the top, then people will fill it in. Biden doesn't have the authority or responsibility -- yet -- for the nation, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a voice, an audience and the power to use it.

6 Likes Save    
Nana H

ABH, national leaders exist beyond the office of the Presidency. You don't have to be elected to be one.........and heaven knows election doesn't make you one.

11 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

If in a country ONLY the president can be considered a national leader, then we have become a dictatorship.

Edited to change "our" to "a"

7 Likes Save    
dandyfopp
5 Likes Save    
bfox254

I just watched a true leader speak in Philadelphia. The contrast couldn't be clearer

8 Likes Save    

On many covid threads I recall reading “where is Joe Biden? What is Biden’s plan? Why hasn’t Biden called the President and offered to help him make a plan?” Over and over and over again.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Well that was before Donnie started hiding out in the Trümperbunker, so now being down in the basement is a sign of a true alpha male playing 4D chess.

4 Likes Save    

Dang this sure is a hot topic! Over 100 comments since mine, so I'm skipping down to add this:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/01/dhs-domestic-terrorists-protest-294342

'Domestic terrorist actors’ could exploit Floyd protests, DHS memo warns

The memo cites “previous incidents of domestic terrorists exploiting First Amendment-protected events” as one reason for DHS’ concern of additional targeted violence.

"Anarchist and militia extremists could try to exploit the recent nationwide protests spurred by the death of George Floyd, the Department of Homeland Security warned in an intelligence note sent to law enforcement officials around the country....

...The memo, dated May 29 and marked unclassified/law enforcement sensitive, cites “previous incidents of domestic terrorists exploiting First Amendment-protected events” as one reason for DHS’ concern of additional targeted violence by “domestic terrorist actors.”...

...Despite the DHS intelligence note, administration officials have focused overwhelmingly on alleged left-wing violence. The note itself does not use the terms “left” or “right.” But it defines “militia extremists” as people who direct violence at the government because they believe it is taking away Americans’ freedoms and setting up a totalitarian regime. That definition also notes that militia extremists oppose laws regulating gun ownership and often form armed paramilitary groups. Those details are all hallmarks of far right extremism...."

4 Likes Save    
elvis

dandyfopp

Well that was before Donnie started hiding out in the Trümperbunker

...where the Secret Service took him, for an hour.

Biden's been underground for how many weeks?

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

"Biden's been underground for how many weeks?"

Biden set the proper example by obeying the stay at home order issued by his Governor. You know, that law and order stuff. The order was lifted yesterday and right away Biden went to the streets and met with community leaders and protesters, today he went to Philadelphia.

On the other hand Trump encourages citizens to oppose their Governors as he mocks and threatens them and has peaceful protesters forcibly removed for a photo op.

One thing is certain, we all get to choose the person that best represents who we are, our values and our aspirations.

8 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Steve Schmidt:

Watching Trump preen in front of St. John’s, moments after he threatened to deploy the American military against the American people, with a bible held above his head, I remembered this quote, “when facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross”

14 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"One thing is certain, we all get to choose the person that best represents who we are, our values and our aspirations"

We sure do!

We are blessed with a system and a president strong enough to prevent the silent coup that was planned against him.

6 Likes Save     Thanked by wildchild2x2
Save    

I think that Trump is jealous that Biden, a man older than he is, is still physically able to kneel in public without an embarrassing mishap.

Try to imagine Trump taking to his knee -- the trip down would be neither smooth nor graceful, and once down he stays down until help comes, probably a pair of strong men, to lift him back up.

8 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Yeah once he is down he is down until a forklift comes by.

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

His heels don’t work well with his obesity.

6 Likes Save    
studio10001

Sheriff Chris Swanson.

Chief of Police Andy Mills.

Police Chief Joseph Wysocki.

Joe Biden.

Officers joining in solidarity from Fostoria, Redding, Miami, Coral Gables, Seattle, Flint, Camdon, Kansas City, Fargo, Santa Cruz.

These are our leaders right now. These are the men and women diffusing the situation, validating the misery of the country, and keeping the protesters and their communities safer by adding their support to the issue.

You can keep your 'leader'.

8 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Abh...

“We are blessed with a system and a president strong enough to prevent the silent coup that was planned against him.“

Hoot......debunked how many times over....but keep spreading fake news.

Jeff Tiedrich

” explain again how lifelong Republicans in the FBI colluded with Ukraine and Hillary to frame Russia and lose her own election so that Trump would win so that then the deep state could take him down.”

12 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Our “leader” has his knee on America’s neck. I hope we can breathe until January.

15 Likes Save    
3 Likes Save    

Even Melania is mad. Trump turns to her and if you can read lips you can see he says "I want you to smile". But she can't. Link

4 Likes Save    

She looks stunned or in shock.

4 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

She hates him as much as anyone does.

Is Donnie wearing white lipstick?

3 Likes Save    

That's why she's mad - he borrowed her lipstick!

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Wow...we now have even W trying to fill the leadership vacuum, and he's sounding more presidential than trump by parsecs.

https://www.newsandguts.com/george-w-bush-reacts-to-brutal-suffocation-of-george-floyd/?fbclid=IwAR3knkpw_cXr622QiA22hn7927jINT619j8h4x1g8i38v_RY7V95cWdmvZo

America’s greatest challenge has long been to unite people of very different backgrounds into a single nation of justice and opportunity. The doctrine and habits of racial superiority, which once nearly split our country, still threaten our Union. The answers to American problems are found by living up to American ideals — to the fundamental truth that all human beings are created equal and endowed by God with certain rights. We have often underestimated how radical that quest really is, and how our cherished principles challenge systems of intended or assumed injustice. The heroes of America — from Frederick Douglass, to Harriet Tubman, to Abraham Lincoln, to Martin Luther King, Jr. — are heroes of unity. Their calling has never been for the fainthearted.

7 Likes Save    

I never hated George W and I am almost feeling safe in liking him again.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

"W" looking good compared to trump isn't that hard to accept now.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

w was an idiot and surrounded himself with dangerous people, but he always believed in America and its form of government. I can't say the same for trump, who is a psychopath who only believes in trump....what's good for him and what isn't.

8 Likes Save    
Kathy

George W was a front man for the party. He allowed Cheney pretty free rein until after the war and then he stepped up and started speaking up for himself. It was too late to repair the damage but I’m thankful he had Laura to consult.

2 Likes Save    

GWB sounds much better when he's not a puppet for Dick Cheney.

I haven't forgiven Bush for going along with the fake reasons for attacking Iraq.

1 Like Save    
Penny

Yes theGOP has given us so many loser presidents but this time they really outdid themselves.

5 Likes Save    
studio10001

@realDonaldTrump, Please stop injecting yourself into crises. Don’t try to tell governors what to do. Instead of calling for calm & for the nation to unite, you were sequestered in the White House basement & silent. Governors and mayors, on the other hand, were actively (1/5)

4 Likes Save    
studio10001

engaged in trying to bring order to their cities and towns. The #NationalGuard has been deployed across the country and most of the demonstrations were largely peaceful. While you only seem to feel the need for the use of more force, local elected leaders tried to (2/5)

3 Likes Save    
studio10001

control things in a way that will allow them to build for the future. While you just want to condemn people, real leaders are acknowledging the very real racial issues we are facing. In times like this, real leaders step up, and deal with the immediate problems while (3/5)

3 Likes Save    
studio10001

acknowledging the need for reform at all levels: police, eduction, housing, economic opportunity & more. This country desperately needs a real leader at the helm to deal with our racial issues, the #coronavirus, all those who are out of work, climate change and the myriad of(4/5)

3 Likes Save    
studio10001

other issues facing us. We need a leader to plan for the future. You, Mr. #President, are not that leader. In fact, you are making things worse on almost every front. Please, go back to your bunker and let the real leaders solve our problems.

-Governor Christine Todd Whitman(R)

8 Likes Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

"By the way, there are no "Leftists" here. And there aren't many that vote in US elections."

Ummmm, I am a leftist and I always vote.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yeah...one of these things is not like the other....

15 Likes Save    
elvis

cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

"By the way, there are no "Leftists" here. And there aren't many that vote in US elections."

Ummmm, I am a leftist and I always vote.

Ziemia posted that. You should let her know!

Ziemia(6a)

By the way, there are no "Leftists" here. And there aren't many that vote in US elections.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Cyn, I have been asking for months what is a "leftist" and haven't seen any definition..... So it sure felt that way. Willing to learn.

elvis, don't need your help. You sure do keep close track of me and some others here.

Cyn and I would have caught up if I missed her comment comment today.

2 Likes Save    
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

If leftist is left of center, gosh, I must be one of those. Love the idea of socialized medicine, for one. Admired it when I lived in Canada. Of course, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are in that same category.

9 Likes Save    

IMO, being 'leftist' is much better than being Christianist.

Maybe someone is confusing 'leftist' with 'liberal'...?

2 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

I think 'leftist' depends upon the starting point of centre. A 'leftist' in Canada is probably far more left than in the US.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Don't miss the real irony in the pic above of trump vs obama.

The press is saying trump wanted to make that public appearance because he was upset and wanted to push back on all that bunker talk which made him look weak and like a coward. So typical bully fashion, to prove he's not a coward, he has the US military clear the streets for him and create walls of riot-gear clad officers to protect him so he can do a photo op to prove he's not a chicken.

You can't make this stuff up.

6 Likes Save    
ohiomom

President Tweety surrounded by heavily armed men in armor and President Obama walking amongst the people.

No ya can't make this stuff up, just proves what a coward Tweety is.

1 Like Save    
studio10001

Insert chicken crossing the road joke here.

8 Likes Save    
bfox254

Hilarious that Trump is anyone's definition of a leader. He apparently took the advice of his fashion designer daughter Ivanka and wanna be girlfriend Hicks to stage the lamest photo op of all time. He looks like an idiot standing there holding the bible over his head, supposedly upside down. Incredibly, they decided it was worth inflicting violence on ordinary American citizens to make that moment happen. His whole presidency has been one giant failed photo op.

3 Likes Save    
paprikash

Leave it to the dems to be outraged over our President going to a church that was burned by their comrades instead of being angry at their looter thugs

6 Likes Save    
Nana H

"Leave it to the dems to be outraged over our President going to a church that was burned"

Is that what you really think the outargue is about Parikash? If so you haven't been listening.

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

We can be outraged at both. One stupid act doesn’t mean another isn’t just as stupid.

2 Likes Save    
deegw

paprikash

Leave it to the dems to be outraged over our President going to a church that was burned by their comrades instead of being angry at their looter thugs

-------------

That is disputed every single time it is posted. Why do you persist in repeating an untruth?

A person can denounce looters and rioters, denounce burning churches AND denounce abuse of peaceful protestors and denounce Trump's inappropriate grandstanding.

Another knee-jerk rw fairy tale. Just like the sore loser fairy tale.

7 Likes Save    

D.C. Pastor Blasts Trump Over Church Stunt: ‘Absolute Sacrilege’

Rev. Gini Gerbasi, who was on the scene when D.C. police violently cleared out a peaceful protest to clear the way for President Donald Trump’s church photo-op, lambasted the president on Tuesday for using the Bible “as a prop,” calling it “absolute sacrilege.”

Gerbasi, the one-time rector of St. John’s Episcopal Church who was helping organizers hand out water during Monday’s protest of George Floyd’s death, told CNN’s Jake Tapper that it had been a “peaceful protest” until police acted first and deployed munitions.

“I was literally helping wipe away tears in people’s eyes and tried to tend to them and help them on the grounds and suddenly the police were pushing us back,” she noted. “And the people were dropping to the ground, afraid.”

Explaining that she and other clergy were driven off St. John’s grounds by gas and police in riot gear, Gerbasi said that she became incensed when she discovered that they were cleared so the president could pose with a Bible at the church, which had suffered fire damage in an earlier protest.

“So I was already stunned and shocked and deeply, deeply offended that they had taken what had become holy ground,” she sighed, adding: “And literally desecrated it, turned it into not a metaphorical battleground but a literal battleground with those officers and heavily armed—and just the aggression and the hostility.”

When she found out that the president had walked over for a “political stunt,” Gerbasi said that “‘offended’ hardly begins to describe how I feel.”

“It was a sacrilege for all people of all faiths, faiths that are grounded in peacefulness and loving compassion, reconciliation, wholeness, healing, forgiveness,” she continued. “Peace, love, compassion. And to push innocent people out, and people who, by the way, were protesting the violent treatment by the government, was sickening.”

Reiterating that it was an “absolute sacrilege” for Trump to use both holy ground and the Bible as a “prop,” Gerbasi said she was “heartbroken” thinking about the “images of people running and crying and dropping to the ground because they thought police were shooting real bullets instead of rubber bullets.”

Gerbasi isn’t the only clergy member who has blasted the president over the police action that Attorney General William Barr reportedly ordered. Episcopal Bishop Mariann Budde, the diocese of Washington, D.C., criticized Trump on Monday for using “one of our churches as a prop.”

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, meanwhile, attacked Budde for her remarks, grumbling that it wasn’t “her church” or “her Bible.”

5 Likes Save    
bfox254

We all know it's how he got to that church that's causing the outrage.

2 Likes Save    
2 Likes Save    
deegw

I'm also outraged that Trump stood in front of a church, did not utter one word that could be considered remotely spiritual and then waived the bible around like a sports trophy.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Let's see where we're at here...

He's a chicken hiding in a bunker, but he doesn't want to be called a chicken so he decides he needs a *photo op*... (how come obama never needed a photo op to prove he wasn't a chicken???)

He calls in the *combat troops* to inflict violence against peaceful protesters, depriving them of their 1st amendment rights, including priests and others with that church...

He calls and delays a presser as a way to distract the press from what he knows is going to be a use of force against the protesters...

He needs a wall of riot-clad soldiers to clear his path to walk to a church he hadn't been inside of since his inauguration....

He waves around a bible that's not even his, not sure if it's even right side up...

He makes no comments about peace, unity or anything else that might actually help the nation...

He ticks off the Bishop in using the church as his prop and not even clearing his visit with them first...

And rather than recognize his actions for the abuse of power and failure that it was, he does it again the next day, at a Catholic shrine, surrounded by his white power structure, ticking off even more religious leaders.

He's clueless....completely clueless.

9 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Oh that's what it was alright.

If BO had walked to that church, people would have gotten palm fronds and bowed as he walked and MSNBC and CNN anchors would be tingling up and down both legs at the marvel of such a gesture.

4 Likes Save    
deegw

Stan Areted

If BO had walked to that church, people would have gotten palm fronds and bowed as he walked and MSNBC and CNN anchors would be tingling up and down both legs at the marvel of such a gesture.

------------

If you can't defend your guy, insult Obama. Got it.

10 Likes Save    
bfox254

Since you asked, Obama wouldn't have abused his power in pursuit of a stupid stunt like that. He would have been in the park speaking with protestors. But Obama has nothing to do with this...

6 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Abused of power?

ROTF!

I liked it.

Obama has everything to do with this.

Obama fueled racial division like no other president

Obama and his cohorts concocted a plan to destroy the candidacy, and then the presidency of Donald Trump.

You're looking at the results of that plan, to a large degree.

6 Likes Save    
deegw

Stan Areted

Abused of power?

ROTF!

I liked it.

----------------------------

Which part did you like?

The abuse of peaceful protestors?

The void of spirituality?

The waving around of the bible like a sport's trophy?

6 Likes Save    
bfox254

So Obama concocted a plan for Trump to make a fool of himself on the church steps and trample on our constitution in the process? Trump's not a victim. He's destroying his presidency all by himself.

7 Likes Save    
cattyles

I have a serious question. Are Leftists and crats the same thing?

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Obama had nothing to do with Trump going to the church.

Obama had a lot to do with President Trump's time in office.

President Trump contributes to his troubles, as well, but nothing like Obama, Comey, FBI, Justice, CIA operatives and Hillary Clinton, as well as the supporting small players.

Save    
lurker111

Obama will be remembered for his famous words and nothing more.

"Go out there and get in their faces"

He would only fuel the fire.

3 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Back to "W's" statement in the OP--faced with Trump, it almost makes one nostalgic for the good ol' Bush days--almost. Even though we know that "W" wasn't much more articulate than Trump is.

I really like Christine Todd Whitman's statement above:

"We need a leader to plan for the future. You, Mr. #President, are not that leader. In fact, you are making things worse on almost every front. Please, go back to your bunker and let the real leaders solve our problems."

Kate

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Oh oh what will happen to Esper after his statement today? Trying to walk back his part marching with Trump.

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

What did he say?

Save    
bfox254

I buy into none of the conspiracy theories, but to humor Stan I'll bite.

So all these democrats conspired against a Trump presidency and he still won the election! Then he was exonerated by the Mueller report! Then he beat impeachment proceedings in the senate! Now he's rooted out all the deep state operatives!

He's had three plus years to lead, to show us that he's not just all bluster, smoke and mirrors. What's holding him back now? His opportunity to shine and convince us all that he's capable came and went during his mishandling of the pandemic. He's lost all credibility. To continue to blame Obama and everyone else for Trump's failings is just an excuse for his incompetence.

7 Likes Save    
studio10001

He claimed not to know where they were going, and thought the purpose was to view damage, and talk w police troops.

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Trump's partners on the church steps are now playing the Sargent Shultz card "I know nothing"...meanwhile we have Klink as prez,

5 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Don't forget, Barack Obama also said,

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun"

...and bricks. And rocks. And bombs. And accelerants. And lighters. And pipe.

And crowbars.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

2 Likes Save    
studio10001

Odd interpretation.

4 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

The lens is fogged by Donnie Dew.

2 Likes Save    
bfox254

Why keep trying to distract and blame Obama for trump's failings? He's been out of office for over three years. Either defend your guy or admit he's a loser.

8 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

When they don't defend trump it just means that he is indefensible, that's all. The Obama diversion shuffle. I can't wait to hear the trumpsters condemn Obama later today when he has the audacity to say something. Time to roll out the fainting couch, again.

10 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Obama had a lot to do with President Trump's time in office.

Wow! We should've had obama be king if he were all so powerful and omnipotent!

I mean the guy who couldn't even get his judge nominations or other legislation through a congress that was dead set against him suddenly gained all this power to control the *next* President who had 2 years of the house and senate on his side, not to mention swinging the SC to his side as well!

Wow! That's power!

And it must be ESP because he's able to get inside trump's head and cause him to tweet all those things...the insults...goading people into violence...the lies...the misstated facts... covfefe.... amazing power.

Not to mention how obama ...that sneaky devil... keeps luring trump away from his duty as president to get him to go golfing...or spend all morning, every morning watching fox and raging. And then, is it special glasses he uses on trump to keep him from reading any intelligence briefings? Not to mention how obama keeps him from wearing a mask just so trump can be more vulnerable to the virus...oh obama is sneaky for sure!

8 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I just don't get it....

I just don't get how trump supporters can in the same breath view trump as this poor beleaguered victim who can't do anything because of (the left, cnn, MSM, obama, hillary, the fbi, the intelligence agencies, judges of Mexican heritage, nasty women, etc.) and at the same time be this most powerful, incredible leader who works so tirelessly and stands up to anything, accomplishing so much for the nation.

That does not compute.

11 Likes Save    
barncatz

Obama the radical. Here's the actual 2008 campaign quote Luker misquoted above and the context - talk to your friends and neighbors!:

...The feistier, more sarcastic tone came as worried Democrats urged Obama to get tougher and show more passion. ...

In Elko, Obama tried to anticipate his critics and called on the crowd of about 1,500 to sharpen their elbows, too.

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face," he said.

"And if they tell you that, 'Well, we're not sure where he stands on guns.' I want you to say, 'He believes in the Second Amendment.' If they tell you, 'Well, he's going to raise your taxes,' you say, 'No, he's not, he's going lower them.' You are my ambassadors. You guys are the ones who can make the case."

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obama-fires-democrats-argue-face-article-1.323400

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Kathy

We can be outraged at both. One stupid act doesn’t mean another isn’t just as stupid.

Wait a minute. Just a couple of days ago, some from the left insisted that we couldn't be outraged at both the horrific circumstances surrounding Floyd's death and the carnage caused by the rioters. Are you saying that it's possible to do both?

1 Like Save    
elvis

-------------

That is disputed every single time it is posted. Why do you persist in repeating an untruth?

Are you saying that the president didn't go to the church, or that the church was burned? Are you saying that the dems were angry at the looters? Please clarify.

Save    
elvis

Annie Deighnaugh

Let's see where we're at here...

He's a chicken hiding in a bunker...

POTUS was escorted to the bunker for an hour when the rioters first presented a valid threat to the White House. After the situation was further assessed (and who knows, maybe POTUS insisted on coming back out right away), POTUS left the bunker. These are undisputed facts.

Do you know something that no one else knows?

1 Like Save    
elvis

Stan Areted

Good one. And apt. Thanks for the belly laugh, Stan!

vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

When they don't defend trump it just means that he is indefensible, that's all.

And when one does, she's an adoring member of a cult. What to do what to do.

Annie Deighnaugh

I just don't get it....

I just don't get how trump supporters can in the same breath view trump as this poor beleaguered victim who can't do anything because of (the left, cnn, MSM, obama, hillary, the fbi, the intelligence agencies, judges of Mexican heritage, nasty women, etc.) and at the same time be this most powerful, incredible leader who works so tirelessly and stands up to anything, accomplishing so much for the nation.

That does not compute.

Not a problem. Since you made this up in your own mind, just unmake it. It will then compute for you.

3 Likes Save    
studio10001

Annie is relating what posters say often, but never in the same post. Which part do you think is untrue?

1 Like Save    
barncatz

Honestly, the guy is more predictable than my mini-dachshund. ...

President Donald Trump sought to explain his presence in an underground White House bunker during clashes outside the residence on Friday as an "inspection," rather than a retreat for his own safety, telling a radio interviewer Wednesday he was only in the safe room for a "tiny" amount of time.

"They said it would be a good time to go down and take a look because maybe sometime you're going to need it," Trump said, casting the episode as an appraisal of his security logistics rather than an emergency.

Multiple people familiar with the matter described a different scenario to CNN. They said Trump was rushed to the bunker for nearly an hour amid intense protests on Friday evening. A law enforcement source and another source familiar with the matter tell CNN that first lady Melania Trump and their son, Barron, were also taken to the bunker.

Trump, who was enraged when reports emerged he was rushed to the secure location, told Brian Kilmeade on Fox News Radio that in fact he went during the day and not when protests were raging outside his front door....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/politics/donald-trump-bunker/index.html

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

^^^ Yeah trump, sure, and someone turned off the porch light by accident.

7 Likes Save    
barncatz

BTW, since we're speculating that Trump insisted on being de-bunkered, we can speculate that he's the one who insisted on being bunkered in the first place.

I've only read statements that it happened, not why or even that it was in response to a valid threat of harm from the protestors.

vgkg, funny! I'm surprised "they" didn't say "Sir", tho.

Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Trump was "inspecting the bunker". Pathetic.

2 Likes Save    
maddie260

Another fairy tale.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Conflating rioters and peaceful protestors is what the RW is doing to deflect from the police brutality and systemic racism.

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Do you know something that no one else knows?

There's a first time for everything!

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

The defenses here for Trump seem to be pretty darn weaker than usual - and so many are simply attempts (feeble) at finding weaknesses or inconsistencies in comments by liberals and those in the center.

Save    

Knives/Guns. It was a quote from The Untouchables.

Obama made the comment in the context of warning donors that the general election campaign against McCain could get ugly. “They’re going to try to scare people. They’re going to try to say that ‘that Obama is a scary guy,’” he said. A supporter yelled out a deep accented “Don’t give in!” “I won’t, but that sounded pretty scary. You’re a tough guy,” Obama said.

He was a quote from a movie, not meant to be taken literally or out of context. Link

Save    
Nana H

Trump just can't get past his own ego. There is no doubt in my mind that the Trump family was escorted to the bunker as a matter of security. Standard security protocols for this type of thing are nothing new and exist for a good reason.

However, instead of Trump saying that the SS insisted he go for his security and that of his family , he has to say that he was doing an "inspection". His ego could not handle the fact he might look cowardly. Instead he looks stupid and small! Trump doesn't need an opponent in November.......he will beat himself.

1 Like Save    

“"They said it would be a good time to go down and take a look because maybe sometime you're going to need it," Trump said”

“Multiple people familiar with the matter described a different scenario to CNN. They said Trump was rushed to the bunker for nearly an hour amid intense protests on Friday evening.”

Give him some credit here! Both can be true.

Imagine your preschooler or grandfather with Alzheimer’s is “helping” you while you do a difficult and delicate task.

You cheerfully say to your helper, “hey, I think there’s a new toy in your bedroom! Why don’t you go and see?”

Then your spouse, the true partner, hustles him off to his room and keeps him there for an hour or so so you can finish your stressful job with as much focus as possible.

3 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Trump “inspecting” the bunker——like he would even have a clue as to what he was “inspecting.”

He steps in it.....then keeps on stepping in it. Definition of a dolt.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

Bet that hour was the most Barron has seen of his father in some time. As an aside I was hoping he would take Barron to the space launch. It just seemed something that would be a great son / dad occasion.

1 Like Save    
elvis

"They said it would be a good time to go down and take a look because maybe sometime you're going to need it," Trump said

Not hard to believe, for me. Which sounds easier: trying to get him to do what they want him to do because they're desperately trying to do their job, or giving him an excuse to say, "oh, okay. I'll go"?

Also, like most POTUSes, Trump actually has a sense of humor. You guys should try it. A smile is a frown turned upside down...

Save    
bfox254

He is so used to lying that he truly seems to think people will believe any BS he puts out there. Inspecting the bunker...that's a good one. : )

I do find his bunker explanation humorous, but don't think Trump intended it to be comical.

2 Likes Save    

Since when does Trump do want others tell him to do -- only when it suits his own purposes. He's in the bunker because he wants to be in the bunker.

Fine for Melania and Barron to be in the bunker for an excess of caution; not so much for big bad corporal bone spurs.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"He's been out of office for over three years."

Unfortunately, his legacy of turning government power against US citizens remains. High school boys are still allowed to shower with high school girls whether the girls like it or not, and grown men are still "entitled" to use female restrooms and locker rooms any time they feel like it. This grotesque abuse of government power, turned against females, is based on the preposterous notion that a male who thinks he's a female is therefore a woman.

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

The damage to high school girls continues because boys who say they are girls get to enter athletic competition as "girls" even though they are male. Not surprisingly, the boys walk away with the scholarships, and girls are left with fewer opportunities to go to college. Thank the Obama administration for that.

3 Likes Save    

Oh gosh elvis. That’s the point I was trying to make with my preschooler analogy.

Have you begun to move away from Trump support? Some of the things you’ve been posting lately are decidedly uncomplimentary to him.

I mean, does anyone really want a commander in chief who has to be managed like a stubborn three year old?

1 Like Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Not hard to believe, for me

Yes, we know.

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Have you begun to move away from Trump support? Some of the things you’ve been posting lately are decidedly uncomplimentary to him.

Just as with normally trump supportive newspapers, when they occasionally write weakly unflattering articles, there are some that just want to have something to point to later in time, that pretends they were not all in for trump.

Save    
ImWithJoe

elvis

...POTUS was escorted to the bunker for an hour when the rioters first presented a valid threat to the White House....These are undisputed facts....

——

gotta keep up with the lies. the story is now trump was “ inspecting” the bunker. jajajaja

“ I went down during the day, and I was there for a tiny little short period of time,” he said during an interview with radio talk-show host Brian Kilmeade. “It was much more for an inspection. There was no problem during the day.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/06/03/george-floyd-trump-says-he-went-white-house-bunker-inspection/3133918001/

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

The damage to high school girls continues because boys who say they are girls get to enter athletic competition as "girls" even though they are male. Not surprisingly, the boys walk away with the scholarships, and girls are left with fewer opportunities to go to college. Thank the Obama administration for that.

Makes sense.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Trump prob went in the Bunker to see if he could tweet from it.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

HS sports as an entry to college is fraught with inequity issues going way beyond hormones.

Deflection.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

POTUS was escorted to the bunker for an hour when the rioters first presented a valid threat to the White House. After the situation was further assessed (and who knows, maybe POTUS insisted on coming back out right away), POTUS left the bunker. These are undisputed facts.

I don't see how rioters could even present a valid threat to the WH which is built almost like a bunker itself with thick walls and bullet proof windows everywhere, none of which are ever opened. And with 20,000 sq ft of space just for the residence, it would have to be a real huge invasion to even find trump let alone getting through the secret service.

But beyond that, you don't *know* that those are "undisputed facts" (leaving aside the explicit speculation you added). And in fact, as others have posted, trump himself has disputed these "facts".

Save    
elvis

Whoosh^^^

Save    

Mr. Trump is certainly such a jolly sort - a laff a minute!

And his stoic bravery in the face of serious threats should be an example to everyone.

Bizarro World thoughts

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Evidently Esper doesn't think the threat was great from his statement today, so why would he have gone to his bunker? Maybe Trump was trying to convince them the threat to him was so great they needed to act and Esper didn’t fall for it?

Save    
paprikash

The Secret Service determines when the bunker is utilized,

I noticed Corporal Bone Spurs is used as a name for our President. I’m thinking Private Breathless is quite appropriate for Bozo Biden.

Save    
ubro(2a)

If the SS determines that why the heck didn't Trump just say so, it would be perfectly acceptable and reasonable.

Instead of explaining protocol, he floats the excuse of inspecting the bunker. Lie upon lie, is it any wonder people don't believe him?

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

He literally can't help himself from lying...he's incapable of being straight about anything for any length of time. All facts are malleable and are based on how it markets and sells, not based on reality for this guy.

1 Like Save    

Private Breathless

Nah, that won't work. Trump is the most breathless person I've ever heard on TV. Remember the debates? And the snorting of course (but that's the drugs talking).

1 Like Save    
paprikash

Yes but coward Biden did use asthma as an excuse to beat the draft so, No, Private Breathless is perfect for Bozo Biden

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Private Breathless/Bozo Biden

Wow. Biden was deferred because of asthma. Trump’s daddy got a doctor to write a fake diagnosis. But keep tryin—-Trumpers look ridiculous pointing fingers at Biden while idolizing Trump.

3 Likes Save    
Penny

They’re beyond pathetic.

Save    
paprikash

“According to the documents, Biden, 65, received several deferments while he was an undergraduate at the University of Delaware and later as a law student at Syracuse University. A month after undergoing a physical exam in April 1968, Biden received a Selective Service classification of 1-Y, meaning he was available for service only in the event of national emergency.

"As a result of a physical exam on April 5, 1968, Joe Biden was classified 1-Y and disqualified from service because of asthma as a teenager," said David Wade, a campaign spokesman.

Do you see any difference between Joe Biden's multiple draft deferments and Dick Cheney's?
In "Promises to Keep," a memoir that was published last year and became an instant best-seller after he was tapped as Obama's running mate, Biden never mentions his asthma, recounting an active childhood, work as a lifeguard and football exploits in high school.”

——-

pathetic is Bozo Biden a real jock — lifeguard, football-no asthma

Vietnam—I’m breathless

Save    
elvis

Joaniepoanie

...Biden was deferred because of asthma. Trump’s daddy got a doctor to write a fake diagnosis.

Biden had 5 deferrals for college, then Biden got a deferral based on the asthma he was said to suffer from back when he was a teen. “As a result of a physical exam on April 5, 1968, Joe Biden was classified 1-Y and disqualified from service because of asthma as a teenager,” said David Wade, a campaign spokesman.

Biden attended the Archmere Academy in Claymont,[8]:27, 32 where he was a standout halfback and wide receiver on the high school football team; he helped lead a perennially losing team to an undefeated season in his senior year.[17][20] He played on the baseball team as well.[17] Academically, he was a poor student but was considered a natural leader among the students and elected class president during his junior and senior years.[8]:40–41[21]:99 He graduated in 1961.[8]:40–41, The details of his April 5, 1968 medical examination, including who examined Biden and sent the 1-Y reclassification card to his draft board, remain undetermined by the mainstream media.

Trump had 4 deferrals for college, and then got a medical deferral designated as "DISQ", his campaign advised that he suffered from bone spurs in the heels of both feet. But he was also an athlete in school...

Both men came from privileged backgrounds, who knows whose daddy did what.

2 Likes Save    
jmm1837

Asthma is not uncommon in athletes and sportsmen. There are all sorts of methods for managing it these days, but perhaps not in the 60s and in a war. I don't see anything questionable about Biden's 1 Y classification.

1 Like Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZl3haIWAAIoVAK?format=jpg&name=large

Tried to upload image. Having trouble. Just wanted to share, creepy.

Save    
ImWithJoe

super creepy. why? why?

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Elvis

Joe did not come from a privileged background. His father had been a successful businessman before Joe was born but by the time Joe came along they were living with Joe’s grandparents. They moved to Delaware when Joe was 10, the family of six living in an apartment for several years. Joe’s father eventually did well selling cars, but their life was middle class—-no where near the wealthy upbringing Trump had.

We know Trump’s dad got a doctor to write a fake diagnosis of bone spurs. Even if Trump did have bone spurs (doubtful) they typically heal on their own in a few months. There’s no evidence Biden’s father got a doctor to submit a fake diagnosis for Joe.

Save    
bry911

Just to be clear, I played Football through college and failed the PFT (pulmonary function test) to join the military, which is not that rare, most asthma sufferers will not pass the PFT, even those with exercise induced asthma will usually fail the PFT.

I don't know when they started testing lung function but my father was DQed because of his asthma before I was born, and he was trying to enlist with all his friends.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Honoring Martin Luther King, Jr. — In His Words, In Our Homes
The legendary leader’s wisdom is as relevant today as ever, in all aspects of our lives
Full Story
Exterior Color When to Paint Your Home Yellow
Be a cheer leader with this color that captures the sun and radiates a warm welcome
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Making Prefab Work for All
Architect Michelle Kaufmann: Green Homes Should be Accessible to Everyone
Full Story