Anybody hear from Dr Fauci this week?

KarenS, NYC

I saw a lovely piece he wrote on his friendship w/ Larry Kramer, the AIDS activist, playwright & co-founder of GMHC & ActUp who died last week at age 84. I miss hearing from him. I get a little nervous when Dr Fauci disappears like this. I wonder why he's lying low.

Heard the craziest thing from a neighbor earlier today. She told me Fauci was invested in the hydroxychloroquin & should be in jail. I had to say no that's backwards; it's Trump who was invested in that should be in jail. She told me she heard that from medical workers she knows working in hospitals.

She shows me her phone w/ pride & says our President & says he's great! I said HE'S the criminal & should be in jail for several reasons at least. She said to me, "you've never lived in Russia', which is true. She's Russian & probably moved here in middle age.

We got to talking when I stopped to ask why there are barricades (police type) at our curb. She said from Police after hearing rumor that folks are coming to our neighborhood (very white) to take back from the white Neighborhoods. I told her it's nonsense & explained what fear mongering is.

Also told her I feel much more targeted (as Jews) 'cause they made a park across the street from me into a Holocaust Memorial & I explained what it meant when I said that felt like the putting of Crosshairs over my home.

I didn't have the patience to ask her why she likes Trump & thinks he's great. But she's a co-President of the Coop Bldg in which I live, so she's wealthy, I guess that's why she likes him, maybe she benefited from his tax break for the wealthy, I sure didn't (I rent, not own).

SaveComment12Like1
Comments (12)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1
Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Well Trump has a problem with the truth. Dr. Fauci was telling us the truth. So he has now been silenced.

Typical of the Trump administration.

3 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Haven’t you heard? We’ve moved on from the virus. Trump has decided that it’s over.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Well, if half of the protesters don't die from covid, then we'll know it was all a sham. Let's give it a couple of weeks and see where we stand. I expect the death count will double. Those killed in the riots will be called covid deaths.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

"Thinning the herd."

That's what it was called by the left last week when people were gathering wanting to open their businesses up.

They are a week ahead of the thug rioters.

So they should die first, right?

Next the thug rioters?

And the law enforcement officers that have to be near them?

Well, order those coolers and body bags now, right?

Because the left is never wrong, right?

2 Likes Save    
KarenS, NYC

Stan, pls try to stay on topic here Stan, try HARD. You too Lurker,.

I REALLY need to learn how to ignore certain posts better than I do.

3 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

Fauci forgot to wash his symbolic mask so can't show his face for awhile until the fungal infection clears up.

Save    
Iris GW

Trump decided to fan the flames of these opportune riots to distract from his disastrous handling of the pandemic and the effects of his non-existent leadership on Americans.

Save    
abzzybee(9/10 S. Florida)

Is Dr Fauci still appearing on any media outlet giving interviews? I haven't seen him in days or even a couple of weeks on the news.either.

Save    
Ann

"Haven’t you heard? We’ve moved on from the virus. Trump has decided that it’s over."

The rioters and thugs most certainly have. What virus?

Honestly, I strongly think expecting people to give up their lives, their livelihoods, their savings, their goals, their dreams, their futures, their self-sufficiency, their freedoms, etc. - has resulted in tremendous unrest and has played a big role in unleashing these riots and destruction. There are a lot of people with a lot of pent up emotions from being forced to say home and rely on the government to support their families.

What happened to George Floyd was terrible, but I think the societal result of the lockdown plays a bigger part in these riots than "systemic racism". But "systemic racism" as a topic is most certainly a political tactic (just before an election) and we'll see if it's an effective one or a huge backfire.

Save    
Kathy

When is a good time to discuss systemic racism? What is a peaceful protest? When Kaepernick kneeled Trump made it an issue.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Trump has no more use for Fauci. He’s a user. He used him when he needed him to portray caring about Covid. He really only cares about the economy because he thinks that is his ticket to winning the election.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life You Said It: ‘Yikes, Tough Crowd’ and Other Quotes of the Week
Some of our favorite quotes this week came straight from the Comments section. See the stories and have your own say
Full Story
Kitchen Design Kitchen of the Week: Function and Flow Come First
A designer helps a passionate cook and her family plan out every detail for cooking, storage and gathering
Full Story
Most Popular 15 Remodeling ‘Uh-Oh’ Moments to Learn From
The road to successful design is paved with disaster stories. What’s yours?
Full Story