Rita's post proves one thing

georgysmom2

We've ALL been locked up too long. She just wanted to rant......get some frustration off her chest. Lots of people do that here. It's one thing to call to her attention why the rules, and to show the cashier's side to help with the rant and show why calmness is in order. It's another thing to go on the attack and be less than kind. We are all frustrated but I think some people here need to do some self-examination. Rita's rant was nothing in comparison to some of the ensuing rants. Now, everyone take a deep breath and remember, Be kind one to another. We will get through this.

SaveComment21Like21
Comments (21)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

Hugs for everyone!

10 Likes Save     Thanked by georgysmom2
greenshoekitty

I agree !

2 Likes Save     Thanked by georgysmom2
Rusty

Absolutely!

Rusty

joyfulguy

It's when we're under pressure that often we find out what "kind" of characteristics many of us show when having a hard time, especially when it's prolonged.

Yes, it's important to be kind, especially to folks suffering major difficulties.

Including being helpful on the road.

Road safety is important and a major issue is having brake lights that are working. While the traditional two have recently increased to three, having considered that many of us seldom check that ours are working, I've sometimes while stopped at a red light told folks beside me with an open window that they should check theirs, as it appears to me that one of theirs is not working.

Sometimes I tell folks with three, all located as expected, that they have three - looks like they're in good shape.

Sometimes when I see a vehicle with only one, I've followed for a short distance hoping that I can warn the driver.

Some just seem little interested, but some thank me - especially the ones who have only one operating.

ole joyful

Lucille

I think the current wave of violence has many reasons, but it certainly hasn't helped that many are out of work and have not gathered with friends/family/clergy for a while. My prayers go out to them all.

6 Likes Save     Thanked by georgysmom2
Olychick

I agree with being kind. But I don't think it's unkind for people/society, as a group, to try to influence/change the thinking of someone who has so obviously not gotten the message about being a considerate member of that society.

I'm reminded of a story I saw of shoppers (somewhere I can't recall), all masked, driving an unmasked shopper from the store. No violence, but they clearly acted as a group to reduce the danger to themselves (society) by someone who didn't think the rules applied to them.

No one is going to be harmed by there being a shortage of foaming hand soap because someone broke the rules, but if someone would do this for soap, think of what lengths they might go to for necessities, which truly would be detrimental to others. THAT is the unkind aspect of this whole story.

9 Likes Save     Thanked by georgysmom2
matthias_lang

Personally, I think "Don't sweat the small stuff," applies to the situation described. I've been poor enough to have scrapped for food a couple times and I will admit it was really hard on me emotionally. Um, really hard.... details withheld. But once you are beyond begging the universe to give you a break and clawing to survive, then making-do and building a secure life with adequate to abundant material things can be a satisfying adventure in itself. Who needs to pick up a computer game to build a farm, a fairgrounds, or a business when you have real life adventures and challenges to meet, drawing upon whatever creativity and resourcefulness you've learned are within you? Only one dispenser of soap among four sinks? No problem. 🧼

9 Likes Save     Thanked by georgysmom2
Raye Smith

Very easy way to check your brake lights, after shutting the garage door (with vehicle in the garage) apply the brakes and look you should see the red reflection in the rear view mirror, works the same for turn signals.

sleeperblues

I understood the frustration behind Rita's first post, although it's not how I would have acted. What really got my goat was the continued petulance of her following posts. Many of us have done things that we are embarrassed about or regret doing, but not acknowledging, learning, and moving on bothered me. I hope some self reflection will occur.

11 Likes Save     Thanked by georgysmom2
eld6161

I agree. We are all not perfect.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by georgysmom2
Rusty

Raye, yes, that does work very well, IF you have a garage and park in it. LOL!

Rusty

5 Likes Save     Thanked by georgysmom2
blfenton

I always try to remember that I have no idea what that other person's life is like, what cr@p have they already gone through that day with a kid or a pet or a spouse or a co-worker and likewise with my life. But I figure if I can leave that person by giving them a smile and a thank-you instead of a snark maybe I've done a good deed.

It's also how I treat the people here.

7 Likes Save     Thanked by georgysmom2
jim_1 (Zone 9A)

I have become so much of a horse's butt that everyone avoids me. Perfect!

3 Likes Save     Thanked by georgysmom2
rob333 (zone 7a)

I know I'm in a mood. I feel like everyone is being disrespectful to me every moment of everyday now. In person. Not online. It cannot be everyone else.... that's impossible, so it's curmudgeonly me.

1 Like Save     Thanked by georgysmom2
Lucille

We are showering you with love!!!

4 Likes Save     Thanked by georgysmom2
Michael

Lucille, I read that wrong. We are showering with you love!

1 Like Save    
joyfulguy

How often have you used your method to chrck

Save    
marylmi

A simple way to check brake lights or turn signals, is by using a store window . Just find one positioned that will allow you to see the back of your car when parked . I have used that method several times .

1 Like Save    
Raye Smith

Joyful - I should check the lights once a month, it's probably more like every 4 - 6 months. I've had a garage at every house I've owned and always used it for it's intended purpose.

Save    
maifleur03

Having lived in apartments or shared houses this is the first house that has had a garage. Must be nice to find an apartment with a garage. Most are lucky if there is a carport.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

The more recent cars I've owned, over more than the last 10 years, have had sensors that trigger a warning light on the instrument cluster when a bulb is burned out.

When a turn signal light is out, the turn signal should blink (and audibly click) more rapidly than normal.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Architecture 4 Things a Hurricane Teaches You About Good Design
When the power goes out, a home's design can be as important as packaged food and a hand-crank radio. See how from a firsthand account
Full Story
Contractor Tips 10 Things to Discuss With Your Contractor Before Work Starts
Have a meeting a week before hammers and shovels fly to make sure everyone’s on the same page
Full Story