What has Trump said to heal the nation?

Iris GW

I've been outside most of the day. Has he made any official statement that might help heal the nation during this difficult time?

SaveComment51Like
Comments (51)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
girlnamedgalez8a(8A)

He just tweeted this:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Law & Order in Philadelphia, NOW! They are looting stores. Call in our great National Guard like they FINALLY did (thank you President Trump) last night in Minneapolis. Is this what voters want with Sleepy Joe? All Dems!

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

He's thanking himself? Geez

5 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization.

Trump's tweet earlier today.

Save    
deegw

He said this yesterday. Very healing.

5 Likes Save    
girlnamedgalez8a(8A)

They want to turn this into a political war. Barr spoke this morning & said that they had learned there were extreme left wing people moving into these cities and they were behind the violence.

Save    
Bunny

He's thanking himself. He's gotta go.

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

I have no doubt that there are sorts of people trying to stir up trouble, folks on both sides. The troublesome ones need to be arrested, no matter who they are.

Anyway, whatcha got to say, Trump? Be a leader, speak to the people. That's your JOB.

2 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

He would never have helpful words for Americans because he loves this. It's the best in his opinion.

5 Likes Save    
Toby

He's supposedly weighing whether to say healing words and diffuse the situation or to go all law and order and pull in his base with reelection in mind. When I heard that this morning, I felt it was not much of a dilemma since he always goes with his instincts, and that tweet confirms my guess of which way he'd go.

Yes, he's gotta go. He's worthless.

11 Likes Save    
maddie260

he sitting alone and afraid in the White House happy to have big scary dogs protecting him!-ha!

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

He and the entire family are a disgrace and embarrassment to the country. The most disastrous presidency in our history.

11 Likes Save    
barncatz

Gov. Walz had already called up the Natl. Guard in MN. No thanks needed, President American Carnage.

10 Likes Save    
roxsol

What has Trump said to heal the nation?

“I’m resigning”

LOL

17 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump is stirring the pot. He loves the carnage and chaos because he will use it to blame Dems and Biden. He doesn’t see where he has any responsibility. And what’s worse, he followers support him even though he has demolished every agency and fund to help America function and move forward.

9 Likes Save    
Nana H

Trump thrives on dividing America......that is where he finds his political strength. Rallying the base and villifying the rest. Thankfully the " rest" is more and hopefully the " more" will prevail in November.

6 Likes Save    
Olychick

I'm thinking he'd love for this to escalate so he can declare Martial Law and skip the election.

4 Likes Save    
bfox254

It's best if Trump says nothing. He has absolutely no moral authority when it comes to racial issues. He's incapable of saying anything that would even begin to heal the nation.

He's just happy it's (temporarily) taken the focus off the 100,000+ dead under his watch.

7 Likes Save    
matthias_lang

Yesterday and today he seems so irrelevant to this situation. Just so much pathetic background yammering.

15 Likes Save    
barncatz

But wow, once again, as with the pandemic, I've seen some seriously ABLE leaders out there on the state level.

Jennifer Rubin is writing that Biden's theme, that this election is a fight for the soul of America, seems exactly right.

13 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Trump's maga march for his brand of "Greatness" is sacrificing our Goodness, in the end he will lose them both for US.

8 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

I've been pondering this lack of appropriate words from Mr. Trump as well. It's striking how he seems to say only things that inflame, rather than soothe.

Apparently our president said something derogatory about the the gov. of MN as well.

He's really, really good at inciting division, and that's about the only thing he is good at...

10 Likes Save    
seagrass_gw

Psychopath in Chief

13 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

If Donnie can keep this going until November he is gonna be one happy boy.

It is like the CARAVAN! all over the country.

The nation will continue to be ripped apart and people will die but hey, it might bring him some votes.

Here is how Donnie does with healing.

10 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

Has he made any official statement that might help heal the nation during this difficult time?

This was a joke, right?

8 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Trump announced his candidacy with divisive rhetoric and he hasn't stopped since then.

12 Likes Save    
barncatz

Mar 20, 2020. Feel free to fill in the bracketed phrase with any Trump action or speech:

Trump Uses [Coronavirus Press Conference] to Confirm He’s an Actual Sociopath

During a press conference at the White House, NBC reporter Peter Alexander asked Trump, "What do you say to the Americans who are scared, though? Nearly 200 dead, 14,000 who are sick, millions, as you’ve witnessed, who are scared right now. What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?” In reality this was a softball question that anyone with a semblance of a soul would be able to answer, responding with something like, “That’s an understandable feeling. I would tell them we’re in this together and we’re doing everything we can, as fast as we can.” But Trump literally only thinks about himself, so instead he told Alexander: “I say that you’re a terrible reporter. That’s what I say. I think it’s a very nasty question, and I think it’s a very bad signal that you’re putting out to the American people. The American people are looking for answers and they’re looking for hope, and you’re doing sensationalism and the same with NBC and con-cast. I don’t call it Comcast, I call it ‘con-cast.’ Let me just tell you something. That’s really bad reporting, and you ought to get back to reporting instead of sensationalism.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/03/donald-trump-peter-alexander-coronavirus-press-conference

5 Likes Save    
Iris GW

He's supposedly weighing whether to say healing words and diffuse the situation or to go all law and order and pull in his base with reelection in mind.

So I guess he's trying to decide which approach to pick to make himself look good. If he actually cared about Americans, he would have calmly and maturely spoken already.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

3 Likes Save    
loonlakelaborcamp(3 A/B)

If President Trump gave a speech on healing the nation, would any of you be open minded enough to listen to it?

5 Likes Save    
bfox254

Trump hasn't established enough credibility to give such a speech. There are very few left who look to him for leadership or moral authority. He would read from a scripted speech as if he was held hostage and it would be obvious he wasn't sincere in what he was saying. We've seen this play out before. It's really not a good idea for him or the country.

3 Likes Save    
studio10001

loon, I think the entire world would be tuned in, were that to happen.

Save    
Toby

Trump could stumble through a speech an aide wrote and it could be a great speech that brings him praise, but two days later, he'd speak his true feelings, which would be to call all Dems violent and unhinged and to attack the mayors and Sleepy Joe.

His basic instincts always win out. What more could you expect from his reptilian brain?

3 Likes Save    
Iris GW

loon, whether anyone listened or not, failure to speak is much worse. You fail at 100% of the shots you don't take.

dandyfopp - always a previous tweet!

Save    
Michele

This began when he was campaigning. He said it LOUD AND CLEAR!

A campaign of hatred and division. Of US and THEM!

This ugly part of us, this hideous side was nourished by him and the people behind him.

He couldn’t begin to have any healing word for anyone. If he is forced to read any statement that has any positive feel to it, he looks like his skin is crawling.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Hiding in the bunker.

Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Trump will not say anything to soothe the situation. He’s incapable of such a thing and he controls his whitey base with hate and fear.

Save    
how2girl

Such a speech requires empathy, he has none of that.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

President in Hiding?

Save    
Kathy

He cyberbullies while hiding in his bunker.

Save    
dandyfopp

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

He took a call from Papa Putin this morning.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

President Trump didn't arrange for domestic terrorists to go crime sprees, armed with bricks and arson supplies.

But he's determined that those who participated in the destruction of American communities will be held accountable under our justice system. These terrorists will have their day in court just like other terrorists. These terrorists will get more justice than the business owners and citizens who relied upon them did.

Save    
Helen

There is an audio recording here https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/donald-trump-race-police/index.html?fbclid=IwAR1-JKqFQ0-m7WwyJzvLQLG2aNVPUlHS8cTkQoG5LKGKogaTXq3jIR4j1P0
He is wrong. The world is not laughing. The world is appalled and very sad.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Trump and many of his followers are in denial of a growing group of RW radicals emboldened by Trump’s RW radical rhetoric. That is where he is wrong and how he is destroying America under the guise of MAGA.

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

He apparently is also determined not to do anything to stop them. White supremacists rage on!

2 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Trump said the MAGAs love the blacks. So there ya go -- there's no racism here.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Are they anti-racist or just professing not to be racist? I’m beginning to differentiate.

Save    
Olychick

Dandy, there's too much paperwork on that desk.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Remodeling Guides Houzz Survey Results: Remodeling Likely to Trump Selling in 2014
Most homeowners say they’re staying put for now, and investing in features to help them live better and love their homes more
Full Story
Inside Houzz How Much Does a Remodel Cost, and How Long Does It Take?
The 2016 Houzz & Home survey asked 120,000 Houzzers about their renovation projects. Here’s what they said
Full Story
Life 10 Feel-Better Things to Do on a Sick Day at Home
Nourish, pamper and heal yourself when a cold keeps you housebound, with these restorative ideas
Full Story