SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_conway55

Several Kitchen Design Dilemmas-HELP!

Mary Conway
3 years ago

We are building our forever home and I have a few items I need advice on in the kitchen. I have attached some drawings we have from our cabinet guy for reference:

Counter tops: I was thinking about doing a light quartz on the main countertops with a butcher block island in the middle. Should we splurge for quartz? Or save and go with laminate? Does anyone know if the new Formica 180fx® Laminate (specifically the Calacatta Cava color) is any good? It looks decent online.

Cabinets: We are doing white custom shaker cabinets. Currently, we are going to the ceiling just on the appliance side of the kitchen that has the double oven and fridge. Should we splurge and go all the way to the ceiling on the whole kitchen? Or will 42 inch cabinets look alright? We have 9 ft ceilings in our kitchen.

Sinks: I want to do a traditional white farmhouse sink. I've heard awful things about the apron sink scratching from belt buckles. Should we just do a normal under mount white ceramic sink instead? And if do we laminate, are there any good top mount farmhouse sinks?

Thank you!

Comments (8)