SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lllocke15

Help again wth exterior paint color

lllocke15
3 years ago

I am so struggling to pick paint colors. The above photo is the house as it is but I have pulled up the shrubs as some had recommended. I ended up picking SW 9174 Moth wing for the siding color with SW 7512 Pavilion Beige for the trim, gutters and door will be painted SW 7020 Black Fox. The painter has started on the west side which is the back side of the house. He had the primer "tinted" the color of the moth wing and the pavilion and has put one coat of primer on boards that were replaced. I am not very conferenced that there is not enough contract between moth wing and pavilion beige and they are just too light for the house. I went and got a sample of SW 7039 virtual taupe which is a color darker than Moth wing. It is way too dark for the front porch and I just don't like the color. In the below photo the bottom board just above the window is pavilion beige, the next few boards are moth wing. The moth wing is a very close match to the mortar so I like This is the west side of the house with the sun directly on the house when the photo was taken. Does anyone know if these colors will be darker after the painter gets that actual paint. I have no idea how close a "tinted" primer is to the actual paint color. He is going to start painting on Monday but has not purchased the paint. It took me 18 samples and 4 weeks to picks these colors and be happy with the selection. Now I don't know. I was trying to update the house with a more refreshing colors and I want it to be appealing and not ugly. Any suggestions or help?

Comment (1)