SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peter_rozario

Help for Kitchen remodel with Lowes ...

Peter Rozario
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Need some help for Kitchen remodel with Lowes ... wanted to get some basic idea/guideline for a kitchen remodel in NJ. I'm starting with lowes - just make the process bit easier. I think so far we like Kraftmaid (just looking at samples at Lowes) - and also the designer over there said that's what she recommends too.

The contractor came in today to take the measurement. Seems very friendly and knowledgable - gave us lot of ideas. I asked him about pricing and how it works. He said - he does not set it, he gives info back to lowes, and lowes determine the labor cost. I also asked him - what if I go with different store for cabinets (outside of lowes) - will he do the work. He said have a thing about how great lowes service is etc etc (guess he is required to do it) .. but said - here is my card - we also can work with you if you don't go with lowes.

1) Here is my question. My kitchen is about 14 feet long, making a small L shape (smaller side is just about 1 cabinet). Another side with a \_/ shaped "island". It is 12 cabinets in total (counting top and bottom cabinets) - layout will remain same (just minor changes). Work will involve - removing existing cabinets, getting rid of existing granite counter top. And new cabinet put in. Counter top is done by seperately anyhow - and i'll probably go outside of Lowes That's essentially the main labor(Keeping the existing floor). Can someone give me a rough idea about how much labor cost to expect? Just want a reference point - i know lowes would charge bit more, but just wanted to get a ball park idea

The reason i'm bit worried about - the designer in lowes said - she thinks roughly labor cost is about 2x times of cabinets. Which made no sense to me. If i pick $10K type cabinet vs $5K cabinet - labor should be roughly around same.

2). While back i did granite from a small store in NJ - liked their service. This time want to use them for Quartz - obviously will compare price with lowes. My question is for Quartz - do i need to worry about which vendor makes the quartz? Just wondering - i see lowes have some by LG - if i go outside of lowes, are there certain brand for quatz i should focus on?

Comments (15)