There are People Who Say That There are People Who Say

jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

Brilliant commentary from Al Franken:

There are People Who Say That There are People Who Say

May 28, 2020

There are people who say that there are people who say that Joe Scarborough murdered a staffer with whom he was having an affair.

Donald Trump puts children in cages.

There are people who say that there are people who say that Ted Cruz’s father was a part of the plot to assassinate President Kennedy.

Donald Trump ran a foundation that was a criminal enterprise.

There are people who say that there are people who say that climate change was a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese.

Donald Trump denied paying off two women he had sex with to keep them quiet about having sex with him even though he paid them off to keep them quiet about having sex with him.

There are people who say that there are people who say that Jewish financier George Soros paid for caravans of refugees from Guatemala that were infiltrated with ISIS terrorists, intent on the mass murder of Americans.

Donald Trump called neo-Nazis “very fine people.”

There are people who say that there are people who say that Trump really won the popular vote in 2016 because three million undocumented immigrants voted illegally for Hillary Clinton.

Donald Trump refused to condemn the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia after he had ordered the murder and dismemberment of a Washington Post journalist.

There are people who say that there are people who say that Barack Obama is a Muslim who was born in Kenya.

Donald Trump gave the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh.

There are people who say that there are people who say that the coronavirus will magically disappear when it warms up. In April. Of 2020.

Donald Trump’s delay in acting on Covid-19 has resulted in the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands of Americans and the collapse of our economy.

There are people who say that they can’t figure out which is worse. The crazy stuff he makes up. Or the crazy stuff he does that you can’t believe isn’t made up.

Anyway. That’s what people say.

SaveComment9Like19
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
llucy

Bump

Save     Thanked by jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)

Franken's essay not really arguable. I just liked what he had to say.

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Good one.

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

And of course he could have kept it up with examples all day.

6 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Al should run again.

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

I agree. I really like Franken and I think he got the shaft.

6 Likes Save    

I am guessing he will run again and I think he will win. And speaking of Minnesota, I think Minneapolis' mayor is fantastic. I can definitely see him on a national stage. He young 38 years old and a former community organizer.

1 Like Save    
numbersjunkie

Great post. I love Al as well and think he should run again.

2 Likes Save    
Lulu Smith

Al has the people's pulse.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Coffee With an Architect 8 Things an Architect Will Never Say
Architects are people too. But it doesn't mean they talk like everyone else
Full Story
Most Popular So You Say: 30 Design Mistakes You Should Never Make
Drop the paint can, step away from the brick and read this remodeling advice from people who’ve been there
Full Story
Fun Houzz Survey Says: We’re Scared of Being Home Alone — and Spiders
A new Houzz survey reveals that most of us get spooked in an empty house. Find out what’s causing the heebie-jeebies
Full Story
We strive daily to continually make ourselves better, because we realize that our name, image and performance is... Read More