To those hurting......

jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

DH and I saw this on TV this morning and we were both in tears. It's refreshing to listen to a man who has empathy. He knows what people who lost loved ones are feeling. The speech comes after a brief introduction.

SaveComment89Like10
Comments (89)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lurker111

Milking it.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Basic decency. Basic empathy.

I mean the kind of thing where you would step around a puppy to keep from kicking it as you walk past.

Donnie doesn't have it, never will and could never send a message of sympathy and shared grief like that. He does not have the tools.

11 Likes Save    
barncatz

"A choice, not an echo".

Trump tweet:

For all of the political hacks out there, if I hadn’t done my job well, & early, we would have lost 1 1/2 to 2 Million People, as opposed to the 100,000 plus that looks like will be the number,” he wrote. “That’s 15 to 20 times more than we will lose.”

ED: Love the way Trump throws out 100 000 plus, as if the "plus" means nothing. I hope that no one we love is part of the "plus". To the posters who like to edit others' posts, looks like he left out a word.

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

I'm great!! I'm great!! I am doing a great job!!!

Donnies message to grieving American families.

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

His sincerity and empathy are two of his best qualities. You can tell those remarks come from his heart.

The thoughts of 100,000 dead in less than three months is staggering.

5 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

The perfect speech at the perfect time.

4 Likes Save    
leona_2008

Thank you for posting that here, Jerzeegirl. This is how a leader comforts. He does not dismiss 100,000 lives as if they were nothing.

10 Likes Save    
studio10001

The administration made an early choice to treat any number of deaths as a success story, and will continue to compare the ever growing death toll against the 2 million estimated if he had done nothing, as opposed to doing too little too late. 45 has made himself redundant to his office w this continuing stance of ' success' without responsibility.

5 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

Thanks deegw.. I love Sarah Cooper!

4 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Oh, Joe.

After all these years this is what you've got?

Emotional appeal to win a presidency?

Russia Russia Russia Collusion Collusion Collusion didn't work, trade in on grief?

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Thanks for the assist, please amplify.

5 Likes Save    

Emotional appeal to win a presidency?

Are you mocking my husband and me?

Can't be. That would be too cynical.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

jerzeegirl:

Are you mocking my husband and me?

Can't be. That would be too cynical.

I have no idea of to what you are referring, it's ridiculous to ask me that about my comment.,

I said exactly what I meant--that this is what Joe Biden is running on--his "empathy" his emotions, I feel your pain, at least Bill Clinton was competent and got things done when he said it.

This is what Joe Biden comes up with--pulling at heartstrings, no plans, no accomplishments in life worthy of getting things done.

Now, I said it a different way.

5 Likes Save    
deegw

Biden makes an emotional appeal to show his suitability as president. Trump bullies, lies and blows racist dog whistles. I prefer Biden's approach.

15 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Joe will pander who ever he can.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Joe is still creepy.

4 Likes Save    

Donald Trump's picture is next to the word "creepy" in the dictionary.

12 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

He definitely creeped on Ivanka.

8 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

Biden sought to uplift and comfort people and he succeeded.

17 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

IOW, he did the job of the POTUS.

Donnie couldn't be bothered, twitter wars to wage.

13 Likes Save    
llucy

Powerful message. Thank you for sharing it jerzeegirl.

When the dem field was overflowing with candidates, I was unenthusiastic about Biden. Seeing some recent interviews with him have made me feel a bit more hopeful, cautiously optimistic things will get better with him leading.

A lyric from an old song plays in my head:

"You can't always get what you want

But if you try sometimes, you just might find...you get what you need"

8 Likes Save    

I have no idea of to what you are referring, it's ridiculous to ask me that about my comment.,

Look at the very first sentence of the OP.

Joe Biden knows what it feels like to lose loved ones and so he has empathy. That's what people need right now. I am sure you did not listen to his message, but if you did and you have ever lost someone you love, you would be moved. Anyone with a heart would be moved.

7 Likes Save    
studio10001

If Vice President Biden were using this time to hawk his accomplishments, there would be complaints against that, too, and howls of 'hypocrisy'. He is giving the country a message that has been lacking. He has the dubious benefit of speaking from experience, and those of us who have lost loved ones to this pandemic feel heard, not pandered to. How should we feel but insulted by anyone who suggests such? Grief is not partisan, it is simply something that 45 can not speak to w any sincerity.

I suspect his lack of sincerity, and its detriment to his campaign at this time is the real trouble. That is no one's fault but his own.

2 Likes Save    

Joe Biden made the speech that Trump SHOULD have made days ago. It's as simple as that.

I am guessing that Trump's handlers wrote him a speech like that but Trump probably refused to give it because he feels it makes him look weak.

10 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

After all these years this is what you've got?

Impeachment, which is forever.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

Oh, I'm SOOOOO sorry for your loss (sad voice). But, it never needed to happen and it's all Trump's fault. Then, back to the I'm SOOOOO sorry for your loss (sad voice) conclusion. OMG, such a pathetically staged anti-Trump ad hoping one just doesn't notice the gimmick because they are so absorbed in the "comfort".

Joe, any thoughts this morning on Hong Kong no longer having autonomy? Oh yeah, just that minor little Communist Chinese government issue but, as a Chinese sympathizer, the virus is of course Trump's fault and the travel ban was, after all, hysterical xenophobia.

Pathetically staged IMO and not very good acting, but he gets a pretty good grade for being able to read that prompter pretty well this morning, even before naptime.

6 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

I think ya'll used to call that putting Americans first, before you started putting Donnie first.

14 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

As long as Biden continues to be the adult in the room while trump clings to his manbaby temper tantrums it should be smooth sailing into Nov. for the demos.

6 Likes Save    
barncatz

What the heck? You're still talking about the useless China ban as if he cured cancer with it? It reminds me of the over-the-top praise you give a toddler's finger painting "Good JOB, Donnie!"

As to Hong Kong, how about this, to the guy whose job it is to do something - "Donny, any thoughts on Hong Kong autonomy this morning?" Or are we still sore about being fact-checked on our voter suppression effort? Answer: yes we are.

Will President Trump Stand With Hong Kong?

Time is running out for the free world to speak up.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/27/opinion/china-hong-kong-law-protests.html

And your sneering at those of us being comforted by an expression of empathy, better than not being comforted because we in fact don't give a darn as long as our stock portfolio improves. I thought there was some unfair criticism on the earlier stock market thread. Guess not. Speaking of which, yeah, this guy is great and Biden is a creep. OK. You guys do you. But do you have to sneer all over a thread that literally starts out with people grieving?

Eric Trump Tweets ‘GREAT DAY for the DOW’ As Coronavirus Death Toll Tops 100,000

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/eric-trump-great-day-twitter_n_5ecf2233c5b6a9249f28e43f

5 Likes Save    
Ann

Biden's not even in the room, let alone the adult in the room. There is a heck of a lot more going on in this world than some pathetically staged sad faced anti Trump ad from Biden's basement.

4 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

jerzeegirl:

Anyone with a heart would be moved.

Anyone that hates President Trump would say they were moved.

ann:

Pathetically staged IMO and not very good acting, but he gets a pretty good grade for being able to read that prompter pretty well this morning, even before naptime.

Sickening, actually. This is all Biden has to do to make people swoon?

Fake. Fake. Fakeity Fake Fake.

Let's hear what you're going to do for the country, Biden.

Let's hear something other than Trump Trump Trump.

Let's hear your plan about illegals, what about the wall?

North Korea? C H I N A?

Trade?

Taxes?

Overhauling the CDC or you okay with it?

Hunter going to be ambassador to the Ukraine?

Can he take his kid and his baby mama over there, too, and his wife?

And his brother's wife, too?

Come on, Joe, tell us what we really want to know.

2 Likes Save    
deegw

Trump is SOOOO sympathetic. He's SOOOOO sincere. But Biden, he's fake and pandering. /s

Thanks for the best laugh of the day so far.

6 Likes Save    
Ann

"What the heck? You're still talking about the useless China ban as if he cured cancer with it? It reminds me of the over-the-top praise you give a toddler's finger painting "GOOD job, Donnie!"

The whole purpose of that little gimicky anti-Trump ad was to try to place blame on Trump for the virus. If Biden wants to play that silly game, his hysterical xenophobic words will get played again and again. If we want to talk about how "leadership" would actually play out, let's have that honest conversation with Joe.

Hopefully the ad creating GOP will just let Biden's (hysterical xenophobic) words stand on their own and they won't play the game of awkwardly sticking sympathy add-ons to preface and finish Joe's (supposedly politically correct) actual words on the travel ban topic, which give us a great big clue as to what Biden would have done had he been president.

But, I think we all understand how behind and late Biden is on every single topic. He doesn't have any opinions of his own and it takes time for his handlers to develop a message. Frankly, that's true of Dems in general - always running to catch up.

2 Likes Save    
deegw

I think Biden struck a nerve

9 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

LOL Donnie scrambled to feign some sympathy 24 hours too late.

He was busy being mad at twitter.

6 Likes Save    
Ann

Ah good. Trump's words are appropriate and good. He stuck to the topic and didn't try to insert an anti-Biden ad. The people who have lost loved ones don't need their sadness and emotions "used" as a political tool in an attack ad.

5 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

The people who have lost loved ones don't need their sadness and emotions "used" as a political tool in an attack ad.

I agree.

Sadly, as we know, democrats will never let a good crisis go to waste.

I just can't believe this is all that could get out of the old man, it's painful to watch.

Waiting for a REAL candidate to discuss REAL issues and plans.

Save    

jerzeegirl:

Anyone with a heart would be moved.

Anyone that hates President Trump would say they were moved.

So what you are saying is that my husband and I are insincere.

4 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

There is a heck of a lot more going on in this world than some pathetically staged sad faced anti Trump ad from Biden's basement.

Go ahead Ann and support the cry baby cheerleader-in-chief, I'm supporting America's future Quarterback.

As for trump actions (and inactions) on CV-19, no matter what china may have said in Nov trump would have still stalled and stalled so as to not upset his precious stock market ratings until it was too late. Nothing would be different at all today.

10 Likes Save    
Nana H

Biden has shared that exact same sentiment many times since his son' s death. It is neither contrived nor insincere. Anyone who has heard him speak on the topoc of grief knows that to be true.

6 Likes Save    
barncatz

I apologize I'm feeling a little unsettled right now. I'm supposed to have a farrier appointment and late last night I realized he hadn't texted. He always texts - three years of text. I called this morning and his phone is off. So, I googled hoping I wouldn't find an article. I didn't. But this is so unnerving that I have to think " what if he's sick or worse?"

You didn't apologize for mocking those hurting in a thread called To Those Hurting, but sure, Democrats are dim-wits for being comforted. So please, spare me your too late anti-manipulation outrage for those who are grieving. We can decide that for ourselves. Isn't that your often expressed mantra?

10 Likes Save    
Ann

"So what you are saying"......

The answer to this is always no. The "So what you are saying" beginning should always read "I'm now about to twist".

4 Likes Save    
Ann

"Waiting for a REAL candidate to discuss REAL issues and plans."

Lol, it's going to be a long wait.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Biden sought to uplift and comfort people and he succeeded.

Joe DOES know how to feel people lol lol

3 Likes Save    
Ann

"I think Biden struck a nerve"

This now frequently used line is getting about as common as "So what you are saying". And, IMO, as effective:)

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Scratch the itch.

3 Likes Save    
blfenton

LOL Donnie scrambled to feign some sympathy 24 hours too late. - dandyfopp

Make that 6 weeks too late and I'll agree with you

7 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

President George W Bush’s (R) message was lauded by the same people who are showing appreciation for Biden’s message.

It isn’t politically partisan.

It is an affinity for a certain personality and how people with that personality express emotional support, which I would argue is very similar between Bush and Biden.

Not everything is about political ideology, sometimes we are drawn to people for other reasons like enjoying their personality or having similar hobbies or appreciating their support in a difficult time. You know, regular everyday stuff.

9 Likes Save    
bob_cville

Given the well-formed articulate sentence shown in the the above tweet from Trump, there is zero chance that he was the one to compose or type that text.

The words "heartfelt sympathy" are a dead giveaway.

Furthermore he would dispute the number of dead, throw in a few "very's" and ramble off in an incoherent jumble, and praise himself.

12 Likes Save    
kadefol

trump is a snowflake, a tantrum-throwing, dumb, narcissistic, egotistical, vindictive, greedy, dishonest, spiteful, immature bully. I cannot wait for the November reckoning.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

Nana, no one is doubting the emotion of grief (Biden's or anyone else's grief). The tactic of attaching the topic (and emotion) of grief to an attempted political attack ad is where my criticism lies.

Furthermore, to say to someone that it didn't need to happen is also inappropriate. My husband's officer father was one of the early to die in Vietnam, lined up at the side of the road with his fellow high ranking officers at the hands of a firing squad. It is never a comfort to my husband to hear people say that was a useless war. That war took his father's life and his father was there proudly representing his country.

For Biden to say how sorry he is to these survivors, but then to say it didn't need to happen except for Trump, is pathetic on every single level, IMO. The loss and grief of the survivors is one powerful topic of its own. Any and all political attack ads are and should be entirely different topics! Trump's tweet kept the message where it deserves to be.

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

Likely before the day is out Trump will say something to the effect that if it wasn't for him there would be many more deaths than 100,000.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

"Given the well-formed articulate sentence shown in the the above tweet from Trump, there is zero chance that he was the one to compose or type that text."

Very possible in both cases (Biden and Trump). At least one campaign had the good sense to not try to make it an attack ad.

1 Like Save    
bfox254

Why so cranky today Ann?

Biden showed up Trump by expressing heartfelt empathy.

Trump can't even manage to pretend to have empathy of any kind for anyone.

Trump also deserves every bit of criticism headed his way and then some..

You wanted Biden out of the basement. Be careful what you wish for

10 Likes Save    
leona_2008

Joe is a man of great strength and character. He has suffered great loss. His first wife and young daughter, then Bo five years ago marked this past week. His promise that, in time, the thought of that loved one will bring a smile before it brings a tear rings so true and are healing words to those who need it and can hear it. I have heard him say it several times and each time, I stop to think, yes, that is true. So simple, so true and so heartfelt.

7 Likes Save    

Vietnam is a great analogy.

Unlike that war which was controversial from the outset, the virus presents a common enemy that we all should be able to recognize as such. In nearly every other nation around the world the battle against that enemy has brought people closer and strengthened their national sense of Self.

In the United States things are different. There are leaders at the top of government who deny that there is any enemy at all. Who take no responsibility and only seek to pass blame and find opportunity to congratulate themselves.

The criticism that “(f)or Biden to say how sorry he is to these survivors, but then to say it didn't need to happen except for Trump, is pathetic on every single level...” is valid.

Is that statement more insensitive to those who are affected than it is for Trump to congratulate himself on the “low” death toll because “it could have been much worse”? I don’t think so.

At least be intellectually fair to yourself. You don’t like Biden’s message, fine. You certainly don’t have to. But to evaluate him as being insincere or pandering and not evaluate the words and actions of your guy in a similarly critical way is juvenile.

11 Likes Save    
kadefol

Nana H

Likely
before the day is out Trump will say something to the effect that if it
wasn't for him there would be many more deaths than 100,000.

He already did, Barncatz posted it above:

Trump tweet:

For all of the political hacks out there, if I hadn’t done my job
well, & early, we would have lost 1 1/2 to 2 Million People, as
opposed to the 100,000 plus that looks like will be the number,” he wrote. “That’s 15 to 20 times more than we will lose.”

1 Like Save    

At least one campaign had the good sense to not try to make it an attack ad.

That was not an ad. It was a message to the American people. Remember when presidents did that? Someone had to do it.

You complain when Biden doesn't speak and you complain when he speaks.

7 Likes Save    

Speaking of attack ads, and referring back to that George W video:

Remember when President Bush made a completely apolitical video of support for the American people and didn’t once mention the covid response or his ideology or any current legislator or executive?

Remember President Trump’s reply to his predecessor: “Yeah but where were you when Democrats I I I Me Me Me Hoax?” (paraphrasing in quotes)

Was that reply a political attack ad?

1 Like Save    
dirtygert(5-NY)

I get Biden's saying that it didn't have to happen this way and I'm glad to see him give attention to that premise. As much as I am saddened by the suffering, my anger outshines that sadness a hundredfold. It's nothing short of a godawful WASTE and that should infuriate everyone --- anyone who claims to have a heart and a soul. The tears I shed are sparked by sheer outrage and disgust. And that outrage and disgust is laid at Trump's door.

9 Likes Save    
Nana H

Kadefol, yes I know he has said that a few times which is why I think he will likely make of point of saying it again today ...prompted by the Bisen video. He won' t be able to let that go

Save    
deegw

Ann

"I think Biden struck a nerve"

This now frequently used line is getting about as common as "So what you are saying". And, IMO, as effective:)

--------------------

Struck a nerve - to make someone feel angry, upset, embarrassed, etc.

IMO, attacking a three-minute speech about 10 times in one hour shows a nerve was struck. YMMV

8 Likes Save    
deegw

Dandy, what happened to your post with Trump's "sympathy" tweet from this morning?

Speaking of striking a nerve.

1 Like Save    
llucy

IMO, attacking a three-minute speech about 10 times in one hour shows a nerve was struck.

Yup. Big time.

3 Likes Save    
nhb_6

Ann

Ah good. Trump's words are appropriate and good. He stuck to the topic and didn't try to insert an anti-Biden ad. The people who have lost loved ones don't need their sadness and emotions "used" as a political tool in an attack ad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you should not be speaking for all families and friends of 102,638 people lost to Covid in US? Maybe let them decide what they need?

If you prefer what Trump is saying to what Biden and Bush said then it is your choice but do not make this choice for the rest of us.

8 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

deegw

Dandy, what happened to your post with Trump's "sympathy" tweet from this morning?

Speaking of striking a nerve.

Beats me. I guess someone was embarrassed for Donnie and I really don't blame them. It is like expecting a doorknob to understand a persons grief and loss.

It ain't happening.

13 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Biden sought to uplift and comfort people and he succeeded."

That's one way of looking at it.

Others might recognize it as a message crafted to encourage grieving Americans to blame Donald Trump for a virus that escaped from a Chinese lab.

I was neither "uplifted" nor "comforted" by Biden's cynical message, nor his weak voice that matched his frail appearance.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

"If you prefer what Trump is saying to what Biden and Bush said then it is your choice but do not make this choice for the rest of us."

Since when does me or anyone voicing an opinion on a political chat thread represent making a "choice" for the rest. I don't care at all if you like or don't like what Biden said or what Trump tweeted. You'll make whatever choice you want, or at least I certainly hope so. Somehow, I can't even imagine how reading opinions of yours would be something I'd translate into you making a "choice" for me. Fat chance of that:)

1 Like Save    
Ann

ABH, no kidding!

2 Likes Save    
nhb_6

Ann,

I am reacting to what you said here:

" The people who have lost loved ones don't need their sadness and emotions "used" as a political tool in an attack ad. "

Based on this sentence you are deciding what I do and do not need. That sounds like you are making choice for me.

8 Likes Save    
barncatz

Hey, farrier appeared and is fine. He texted but my service didn't capture them, apparently. He expressed sympathy for an outbreak that just occurred in an apartment in a small city/town near us.

Biden cited a study. You know, like Trump lied that Dr. Birx had agreed to a study "to look into injecting bleach into humans".

Trump can attack Speaker Pelosi by retweeting a photo of her with duct tape over her mouth but it's Biden who's a monster.

Biden's description of grief is as simple and eloquent as any I've heard.

10 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

I'm so grateful that I get the need for empathy.

2 Likes Save    
barncatz

abh, I have sources that say it did not escape from a Chinese lab, but whatever you're reading has convinced you otherwise.

Let's imagine you take your toddler to stay at a trusted neighbor's for three weeks while you travel. Whrn you return, the child is miserable with a severe fever. You rush her to a doctor who tells you you child has infections in both ears. They result in serious hearing loss.

When you call the neighbor, she tells you that no, she did nothing to treat your child who she thought would self-comfort eventually.

She also tells you it's not her fault because her neighbor had visited with a baby, who had had a severe cold, which your toddler had caught.

China is the first neighbor. Trump is the neighbor caring for your toddler.

Save    
Ann

WOW!

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Just watched the video. I have no problem with Biden expressing sympathy for families who've experienced the deaths of loved ones due to Covid19. He knows what it's like to suffer a great loss. But at the 1:30 mark, when he tells them this could have all been avoided by different actions from Trump, I was disgusted.

That's not comforting people; that's using them for political gain.

After that point in the video, all I could hear was insincerity.

2 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

barncatz, I'm glad he is ok and that it was just a text service issue.

Save    
studio10001

Miss LIndsey, 10 thumbs up on your Vietnam post.

'The criticism that “(f)or Biden to say how sorry he is to these survivors, but then to say it didn't need to happen except for Trump, is pathetic on every single level...” is valid.

Is that statement more insensitive to those who are affected than it is for Trump to congratulate himself on the “low” death toll because “it could have been much worse”? I don’t think so.

At least be intellectually fair to yourself. You don’t like Biden’s message, fine. You certainly don’t have to. But to evaluate him as being insincere or pandering and not evaluate the words and actions of your guy in a similarly critical way is juvenile.'

Save    
bfox254

Biden's telling the truth, not spinning things for political gain. I would think at this point people find it refreshing to hear the truth. He's also not saying anything most of us don't already know, as reflected by Trump's sinking poll numbers. Someone has to counter Trump's lies, might as well be Biden. If you thought "feeble old Joe" was going to go easy on Trump, you're mistaken,

2 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

But at the 1:30 mark, when he tells them this could have all been avoided by different actions from Trump, I was disgusted.

Apparently not nearly as disgusted as those of us that would have preferred trump had taken/will take actions so the deaths had/will be prevented. Not nearly.

8 Likes Save    

But at the 1:30 mark, when he tells them this could have all been avoided by different actions from Trump, I was disgusted.

Trump has no problem pointing out people's purported failures so tell me again why you have a problem with Biden pointing out Trump's tragic failure to not act sooner?

5 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Hey, Joe Come Out Come Out wherever you are, because you have now and your polls numbers are going D O W N.

Keep listening to your handlers, man!

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

LOL

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Trump has no problem pointing out people's purported failures so tell me again why you have a problem with Biden pointing out Trump's tragic failure to not act sooner?

Because Biden did it in the very middle of an address that was purportedly to provide sympathy and comfort to people who've suffered the loss of a family member or friend.

I found it jarringly insincere. His return to the sympathy comments at the end were ruined by the insertion of the sentences in the middle to make political points.

Also, I find it insincere because Joe Biden was one of the people who criticized Trump's Jan 31 travel ban on foreign nationals who had traveled in China within the last 14 days. He called it "hysterical xenophobia."

Now, Joe is siding with "experts" who use their flawless hindsight to say Trump should have implemented social distancing one week earlier. Where was Joe, at the time? Which is it, Joe? Did Trump act too quickly, or too slowly?

I'm tired of the blame games. They're mostly ugly and pointless, and they're especially ugly in the middle of what started out to be an address that seemed designed to speak honestly to people in pain.

1 Like Save    

Where was Joe, at the time?

He's a civilian and has no decision-making powers at the moment. What difference would it make where he was at the time?

4 Likes Save    
bfox254

I'm tired of the blame games.

Then you must really be tired of Trump blaming everyone he can think of for his failures and accepting not one ounce of responsibility for the mess we're in. Talk about blame games......

10 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Of the blaming China? Or only of Trump?

I'm tired of the blame games.

(If it's the blaming if Trump h doesn't this mean Trump is largely blameless, & doesn't this also mean you think the WH leadership makes no difference? Or Trumo did everything possible - that setting an example is meaningless?)

Save    
Penny

Boy, the trumpers are all stirred up by a man with empathy. Can’t wait.

4 Likes Save    
studio10001

'Joe Biden was one of the people who criticized Trump's Jan 31 travel ban on foreign nationals who had traveled in China within the last 14 days. He called it "hysterical xenophobia."'

Not so. Joe Biden called 45 an hysterical xenophobe. He did so again in Mid March. Both times were in response to tweets where 45 found it necessary to nickname coronavirus19.

"We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency."

in March: 'Stop the xenophobic fear-mongering. Be honest. Take responsibility. Do your job.'

An estimated 400,000 were let through the 'ban', while the president was tweeting out nicknames for the virus.

3 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

That message from Mr. Biden brought some tears to my eyes as well. Thank you so much for sharing it. He does indeed know the pain of such losses.

I have to disagree with one thing he said, though; not everyone grieves with those who are hurting, as some here clearly show.

You have to admit our president sure brings out the better angels of his admirers, doesn't he?

3 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides Common Myths That May Be Hurting Your Garden
Discover the truth about fertilizer, soil, staking and more to keep your plants healthy and happy
Full Story
Most Popular How to Get Rid of Those Pesky Summer Fruit Flies
Learn what fruit flies are, how to prevent them and how to get rid of them in your home
Full Story
Housekeeping How the Heck Do You Clean a Glass Shower Door?
Get the answers to keeping those glass shower walls and doors sparkling clean
Full Story