SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artnkatie_humphrey

Interior Door Dilemma

I have a hallway right next to the main entry door. The hallway leads down to our mother in law area, my mom lives with us and this is her "house". I've wanted to frame in an interior door, but I'm really hesitant to commit as I just can't decide on what would look right. Initially, I thought I'd sheetrock to shrink the opening and frame in a builder grade door to match the others in the house. Basically identical to the door at the end of the hallway. Then I started to question that, would it look too basic? A door right next to another door. Then I started to think maybe if I went and got a vintage door, maybe something with glass. Possibly a transom window above. Or making the opening shiplap vs. drywall, to give the opening some texture? I think it's hard to picture since I haven't pained the interior of the house yet (which will be silver strand by Sherwin Williams). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm great at projects, but I'm no designer.

Please forgive the mess in the photos (the multicolored walls, non painted walls, clutter, etc). Quarantine has turned me into a DIY tornado, I've got multiple projects going on that I'm trying to finish before going back to work. The sheetmetal wall is a recent project. A fully magnetic organization station for when the kids actually go back to school. Not finished yet... )

Comment (1)