SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie

Sleep walker....

phoggie
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I was in bed watching TV at 11:15 pm, and there was a loud pounding on my bedroom window...scared the jeepers out of me! I muted the TV and yelled, ” Who is there and what do You want?” The voice said , “Me..open your window”. It sounded like a woman so I lifted the blind and could see it was my neighbor in her pajamas. So I rolled out my window and she said “ I am bringing you some hot apple pie.” She had not turned on her porch light or have a flashlight and had walked quite a way over in the pitch dark. I took the pie and made sure she made it back to her house. Then I sent her a text saying...”the pie was delicious and I hope you remember this in the morning!”

She had told me before that after taking her Ambien, she got up and made a cake, frosted it and put sprinkles on it and never remembered doing it...hence the text. When she woke up 12 hours latter, she saw the empty pie plate in the sink and wondered what she had done...then she saw my text. She had taken all of her neighbors in her condos pieces also.

i am concerned that she will get in her car and start driving...she could get quite a ways off before she “woke up”....or walked out into the lake in the dark and drowned! She told me not to tell her daughter about these events because she would want to put her in a nursing home. I told her to get off of that medicine, but she says she can’t sleep without it. She is a former nurse, so she should know better...... Has anyone had experience with sleep walkers?

Comments (18)