SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherades

Cambria “Smithfield” quartz

cherades
3 years ago

Anyone have the new Camrbria quartz color “Smithfield”?

Comments (46)

• cherades
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks! Is it hard to see any movement In it? I’m wanting something with not too much veining but I’m afraid this is just gonna look “white”....

• my db
    3 years ago

From a distance it looks white. However, when you are standing near it (or working over it), there are very subtle dark grey veins in it.

• chispa
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@my db, your kitchen is looking great. What white did you use for your cabinets?

• my db
    3 years ago

Thanks chispa! We used White Opulence from Benjamin Moore.

• Bethany Mattioli
    3 years ago

@my db, Looks great! How would you describe the white? I'm looking for something with very subtle movement but I also want the background to be bright white and slightly warm (vs gray/cool). I've probably looked at hundreds of options at this point.

• tryingtounderstand
    3 years ago

How about Handstone Whistler or Yorkville, https://www.hanstonequartz.com/products/yorkville

• Mary Burns
    3 years ago

my db - looks great! I am planning to use Smithfield too. What did you use for a backsplash? That is what I am struggling with. Thanks.

• Stacey Zimmermann
    3 years ago

Mary Burns I'm at the same point as you - going w/ Smithfield and Tru Cabinetry pewter but struggling for backsplash.

• my db
    3 years ago

Sorry about the late reply - here's a picture of my completed kitchen. I used a simple white glazed subway tile with a hand carved look (sorry, I don't remember the name of it, but I believe there are many similar ones on the market). The picture is taken from my kitchen builder's website (LP Wood in Chatham, Ontario), hence the logo on it!

• Stacey Zimmermann
    3 years ago

Beautiful - thx for sharing! We finally made a decision - double hexagon. Just found out Oct 5 is demo day!

• K Patterson
    3 years ago

Hi @my db - we’re considering Smithfield, as well. Does the veining require bookmatching at the seams of two slabs? Thanks in advance!

• Cindy Sesko
    3 years ago

mydb - what did you choose for faucet and hardware?

• rosie0326
    3 years ago

Does the Smithfield look like a faux marble or is less marble-y? I want a little pattern, but am trying to not have it look less like faux marble. Thank you!

• babsborkenheim
    3 years ago

We used Smithfield in our new Bauformat kitchen. We had originally chosen Skara Brae, but after the floor and cabinets were in, opted for a more toned down countertop. Although the counters look pure white in this shot, the veining is noticeable, but subtle. Looks clean--not fakey marble, but like a natural stone. It has a lovely softness that contrasts nicely with the concrete look cabinets. We may end up having it installed as the backsplash--still debating what to do on that front, but we are happy with our decisions thus far.

• rosie0326
    3 years ago

Thanks so much! Looks lovely! I’d say go for it for the backsplash!

• em_sweethome
    3 years ago

I am following this with interest. I am considering the Cambria Smithfield as well.

I have recently been drawn to the idea of using the same material for countertop and backsplash. I like the seamless look.

My cabinets are white however with stainless steel appliances. The sink with most likely be cast iron (possibly stainless steel). Not sure if it the whole thing will be too white

Would love to see how your project turns out.

Thanks!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

em:

I replace sinks for a living and I've replaced a lot of cast iron sinks with stainless steel. If you've got your heart set on white, I'd take a look at an Elkay Quartz Luxe in Parchment (off white) or Ricotta (bright white). If you like seamlessness, try a TopZero please.

• em_sweethome
    3 years ago

Joseph:

Thank you for your input.

I am surprised to hear that cast iron sinks break that often. My current house (5 years) and previous one (10 years) have a cast iron sink and I haven’t had a problem. In both cases, I bought the house with it.

For my renovation, I extensively researched sink, kohler cast iron and composite. I am leaning toward cast iron because

* It seems stainless steel scratches easily, although I haven’t ruled it out completely.

I have an eye on Elkay ELUHAQD32179 Lustertone Classic with Aqua Divide and the and Blanco 519550 Quatrus R15 for example.

* I am worried about durability especially with regard to heat resistance for quartz (because of the resin). I am actually struggling with the concern for quartz countertops.

* I also noticed that Kohler cast iron users are usually happy. The Riverby that I am interested has good reviews.

• winkela
    3 years ago

babsborkenheim - are you happy with your Bauformat cabinets? We are considering them as an affordable alternative to Eggersman. Curious if looked at others before choosing Bauformat...?

Joseph Corlett - Do you recommend the Quartz Lux sinks over Black Stainless Steel (such as this one by Signature Hardware... https://www.build.com/signature-hardware-944641-32/s1560789?uid=3707000)

Thank you both in advance for any insights.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

The black stainless is simply a coating that will easily scratch off. If you're the super conscientious type, go for it. The color in the Quartz Luxe sinks goes all the way through.

• em_sweethome
    3 years ago

Hi @Stacey Zimmermann

Did you use the double hexagon tile? How are you liking? Can you share some details about the tile: size, brand etc.

Thank you in advance.

• Stacey Zimmermann
    3 years ago

We LOVE the tile!

• em_sweethome
    3 years ago

Wow, thank you for sharing, it is nice! Although the tiles are small, they create this seamless elegant look!

• tessasmum
    2 years ago

Hi, we are ordering Smithfield and the drawing came back with a seam? Did you have a seam? Is it noticeable?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    2 years ago

Post your dimensioned drawing please.

• tessasmum
    2 years ago

• Tracey Macaskill
    2 years ago

@my db I’m in Burlington Ontario. was there a huge jump in price with Cambria vs other quartz? i love Smithfield and dont like viened quartz as it looks fake we are doing black lowers and white uppers with some wood counter tops or island but i cant decide on the engineered hardwood colour. what did you use for your kitchen?

• Cagla Pekel Kanier
    2 years ago

@em_sweethome : hi i wonder if you decide on smithfield as i have the same dilemma- white cabinets. Please share a photo if you can.

• motherx5
    last year

Stacie Zimmerman

Did you go with Smithfield/Cambria and are you happy? Could you share CLOSE UP photos?

Please and THANK YOU

• Cagla Pekel Kanier
    last year

Motherx5 - i have cambria smithfield installed and i love it! I posted many photos in another thread- let me see the threads name

• Cagla Pekel Kanier
    last year

Its in this thread- i was going to go with inverness or silestone but ended up with smithfield

• Cagla Pekel Kanier
    last year

If you cant find the thread here are some close ups

• Anna
    last year
    last modified: last year

We have just ordered Cambria Smithfield for our counters and are now having second thoughts on our white tile backsplash with white grout, worried about ability to keep clean, especially behind the stove area (very similar to the tile backsplash in kitchen shown above with the white and walnut)

Has anyone that had used Smithfield had it carried all the way up as backsplash?? thoughts? too white?

• Anna
    last year

@my db how are you liking your light coloured tile backsplah and grout behind stove area? we are debating carrying smithfield all the way up for backsplash vs tile backsplash like yours. We are doing white cabinetry with oak island (absolutely gorgeous kitchen design by the way!!!)

• merilakelly
    last year

Hi Anna,

I just installed Smithfield in my kitchen and two baths. I love it! I have yet to pick a backsplash but am leaning towards white subway with light gray grout. I am trying to envision having the quartz all the way up the wall as a backsplash. I don't think I would care for that as I think it would be too much of the same. If you go on the Cambriausa website and click on Smithfield, they have a picture of Smithfield as the full backsplash. My feeling is the subway tiles with the light gray grout ties into the gray veining in Smithfield and provides some warmth to the white. As for cleaning, maybe think about a light gray grout versus white grout which might help a bit.

• Anna
    last year

Hi!
    Thank you! Oh I didn’t see the sample kitchens with Smithfield on the website at first. Thanks!
    One of the biggest reason I’m considering pulling the quartz into backsplash is not having to clean grout! But….for the cost….I may just get grout cleaner lol Yes, having it a bit darker like grey would probably help.
    So glad you’re loving your Cambria Smithfield! We are putting it on our master bathroom vanity as well 😊. What colour is your cabinetry?

• merilakelly
    last year

All my cabinetry is actually maple. I bought a lakefront condo and didn't want to change the cabinetry due to cost and that it will be a summer home. I attached a couple of

pictures. Still have to reupholster my stools and update light fixtures and as you can see, have tile samples along the counter. So much renovation to do but getting there slowly.

• Anna
    last year

Oh that looks great and so inviting as a summer home!
    Thank you for sharing

• mcglaze
    9 months ago

@my db I am also using Cambria Smithfield. I am considering putting a little color on my cabinets rather than white - only because the floors I have a very light and wouldn't look right with white cabinets. Would you think a taupe (greige) color would clash with the veins or are they subtle enough that I could do a color like that. Maybe Sherwin Williams Moth Wing or something along those lines. Thank you!

• mcglaze
    9 months ago

@merilakelly This is Cambira Smithfield quartz, correct? I know it's hard to tell from pictures - but I don't see any veins in yours. Do you notice any in person?

• Anna
    8 months ago

Hi mcglaze,
    We are just finishing our Reno using Cambria Smithfield quartz. The veining is very subtle, I feel like it would coordinate well with most cabinet colours!

• merilakelly
    8 months ago

Hi McGlaze,

Yes, I have Cambria Smithfield quartz. It looks white from a distance but when closer you can definitely see the veins. The veins are subtle and that is what I love about it. Nothing too overdone. Looks very natural. I have since added a white 3 x 12 subway tile from Home Depot with white grout and it looks great. The quartz and tile updated my older maple cabinets which I didn't want to change out due to cost.

Regarding your greige color question, my wall paint which you can see a small portion of is Benjamin Moore Elmira White and is definitely greige. I don't know how it compares with the Sherwin Williams Moth Wing but maybe you can get a swatch of both and see what works best for you. I just picked up my stools which were reupholstered with a Bone white (greige) soft vinyl and they go well with the quartz. My stool metal is a lighter gray in person than reflects in the picture so it picks up the veining and the fabric color

does not clash with the gray veining. I have attached pics. The phone/lighting affects the color of the stool fabric and makes it look lighter than it is but it is bone/greige and is a nice contrast.

• coley1323
    2 months ago

I have purchased coconut colored cabinets but love the Smithfield. The cabinets are not white, white but have a slight creamier color. Has anyone used the Smithfield on creamier cabinet? Photos please. Not sure if the Smithfield is too white for my cabinets.

• amk624
    2 months ago

I’m currently debating the same thing. We are designing a kitchen and my husband wants a Britannica waterfall island with colt on maple (brown) cabinets. Our kitchen perimeter will be Smithfield quartz. He wants the cabinets to be the color steam but I’m leaning towards the white. Here is what our design studio sent us for color comparisons. The quartz in this photo is Smithfield and it’s against painted white and steam cabinets. I don’t know why, but I’m not convinced by the overall colors. I’m thinking the small sample of Brittanica is throwing me off. It’s a very dramatic sample.