SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dakota_hyden

Help! Tiny pin sized bugs seem to have eaten my elephant ear plant!

Dakota Hyden
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

So I bought 3 elephant ear bulbs maybe 4 to 5 months ago. For a while they were doing pretty good, one of them however was growing extremely slowly compared to the others. I kept them outside in partial shade with plenty of water, I'm in zone 9 so it's very warm outside. But I started to notice fungas gnats in and around the plant so I bought a neem oil 3 in one fungicide which seemed to work a little but l I noticed on the slowest growing plant that that the leafs were turning purple and brown on the rim of the leafs and they began to curl up. When I went to check it out i touched the stalk and it basically collapsed. So I put it in a bag and separated it from the other plants. The. The same thing happened to another one. So I picked up the stalk and there were super small white bugs on the base of the plant like where the build connects to the plant but the inside of it? Like something ate the bulbs from the inside out. I have no idea what these are and I can't seem to find anything that matches the description on line. Please help I would really like to know what's eating my plants. Like there had to have been around 2 to 4 hundred little white bugs on the end of the plant.

Comments (2)