SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rebecca_bluth

Need help choosing exterior paint colors

bbluth
3 years ago

We plan to paint the exterior siding, trim, gutters, and garage door of our house soon and need help choosing a color scheme that works well with our brick, reddish brown roof, and new black windows. Currently, the siding is a sage green, trim is white, and garage door is beige. I understand the previous owner's decision to use these colors, as they pulled from some of the lighter brick colors. However, it's not my cup of tea. I am open to painting or staining the brick to create a uniform look, but my husband is a hard no on touching the brick at all. As you can see, we're growing ivy on most of the front brick anyway.

We initially thought white siding with a dark brown for the trim, gutters, and garage door would be a classic choice and work well, but I'm concerned it will result in too much contrast and make the house look dated and busy. Should we go with a dark siding and even darker trim, go lighter, use the same color for everything? Currently, we are leaning toward a medium brown siding with dark brown trim, gutters, garage door. Never thought I would lean toward darks/browns but I want to choose a scheme that works best with the brick, roof, windows! That particular scheme looks good to me on the online color visualizers, but I would like your input, please!

Comments (9)