SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missi_rogge

Stainless Kohler Vault apron Vs Elkay composite drop in

Missi (4b IA)
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I need to choose a sink. Counters will be here in a couple weeks, and they are Formica River Gold. Walls are Repose Gray, cabinets will be SW Rain. Pretty sure I've read every X vs Y thread on here regarding sinks, but still am stuck. I want an apron sink, but can't see spending over 1k to have that in composite, but I can get a drop in stainless Kohler Vault apron sink for under $500. Or a composite drop in for under $500. I want a single bowl, and I notice at least one of the composite colors doesn't come in a drop in single bowl, only undermount. I'm not sure how much the counter place charges to install the sink for us if we go undermount. I'll call and ask, but I know they sell Karran sinks and a stainless undermount is $700 with installation. I have samples of the Elkay composite sinks. I also have samples of Swanstone and Blanco, but I like the feel of the Elkay ones better. I have a stainless double bowl drop in right now, have had it for many years.

So -

Forget the "pretty" sink all around and go stainless apron

Keep "pretty" and just do drop in (and if so, what color)

Say screw it I deserve a "pretty" sink *and* apron sink even tho it seems dumb to spend that much on a sink, I can try to justify it somehow? (and again, if so, what color)

took this one outside

Ignore the last sample here, I took that one out.

Comments (7)