What is the etiquette for golfing as the death toll hits 100,000?

jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

Brian J. Karem@BrianKarem·1hToday @realDonaldTrump returns to the “Let ‘em eat cake” golf course for some fun. 1.6M COVID19 cases. 98K dead. Record unemployment. All is well. POTUS is on the links.

SaveComment35Like4
Comments (35)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HamiltonGardener

Make sure the tables at the 19th hole are 2 metres apart...

2 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

He can golf. We all need an outlet for stress and that’s his. No matter how much I dislike his personality and policies, I wouldn’t begrudge him that form of recreation.

Do I have any hope that he has learned moderation over the past two months? No. But it won’t fundamentally change how the country is run or the public perception of him so let him go unassailed as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes Save    

At least he wore his black pants.

Hmmm.....anyone remember what Trump said about Obama golfing during, was it, Ebola?

5 Likes Save    
deegw

And there was the OUTRAGE about Obama golfing after ONE journalist died a horrific death.

6 Likes Save    

Trump was wrong (as always) to say that about Obama. There’s no need to follow on his wrong-ness with more wrong-ness! It won’t change anything and will just give him something else to whine about.

What would really throw him for a loop is if everyone just tweeted “enjoy your game Mr. President!” He gets all his energy and momentum and a heck of a lot of his political support from playing the put-upon victim. In every instance that isn’t life or death or a matter of morals and ethics it’s time to take the energy source away from him.

7 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Hmmm.....anyone remember what Trump said about Obama golfing during, was it, Ebola?

trump also tweeted back then that Obama should hug Ebola patients. That was practically a death threat. Ebola has a 50% mortality rate and it's a dam good thing trump was not prez back then.

3 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

He’s utterly useless. Most of us already knew that, but the epic bungling of this crisis has driven the point home even further. At this point I say golf every day until January 20th. We certainly don’t need him for anything and we wouldn’t have to hear his incoherent ramblings or be subject to his increasingly insane tweets. Trump, just go and pretend you’re on a permanent reality TV vacation show and leave America alone.

8 Likes Save    
paprikash

At least no one was beheaded

1 Like Save    
deegw

deegw

And there was the OUTRAGE about Obama golfing after ONE journalist died a horrific death.

paprikash

-----------

Thanks for proving my point. One man died a horrific death. Obama apologized.

2 Likes Save    

No, just dying horrible deaths where people can't breathe and basically drown in their own fluids. Or children's immune systems attack their bodies.

11 Likes Save    

Jamal Khashoggi was killed and dismembered inside an embassy.

He was a journalist.

Donald Trump believes his friend Mohammed Bin Salman that he had nothing to do with it, despite American intelligence agencies’ information to the contrary.

But yeah, Obama.

13 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

On the other hand, Trump does less damage to the nation when he is on the golf course.

There will not be empathy nor sympathy from Trump -- he is psychologically incapable of exhibiting such emotions.

10 Likes Save    
Gizmo

deegw

deegw

paprikash

-----------

Thanks for proving my point. One man died a horrific death. Obama apologized.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

See, it's an example of rightwing math...

One horrific death under Obama equals nearly 100K dead under Trump

Let's remind everybody too, Daniel Pearl was a private citizen working in a country with a well know group, Al-Qaeda, that was an enemy of the US, Al-Qaeda He and Pres Obama had nothing to do w/one another

Trump's non-action/negligence has contributed to to the nearly 100.000 US deaths and 1.5+ mill who are ill.

11 Likes Save    
Iris GW

One horrific death under Obama equals nearly 100K dead under Trump

You're wrong Gizmo. According to Trump supporters, nothing he has done has equaled the horrific, epic awfulness of the Obama presidency.

1 Like Save    
paprikash

You're wrong Gizmo. According to Trump supporters, nothing he has done has equaled the horrific, epic awfulness of the Obama presidency.

———-

So, true. Obama was awful!

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

I have no problem with his golfing today. Stress relief, fresh air.

It's the travel for golf & and the frequent renting of golf carts etc at a Trump property so the SS can do their job that I object to.

3 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Trump needs stress relief from bungling our national response to covid-19. I would prefer for him to feel the guilty he ought to feel and the onus of the death of all those people. It would be good for him.

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Now that trump is all refreshed let's see what he can royally screw up next.

6 Likes Save    
roxsol

A mulligan?

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Obama was awful!

Obama has better hair than the current WH resident, and is much better coiffed.

Very important, being well coiffed and presentable on the international stage. Heck, important when addressing the US public.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

No words.

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

2 Likes Save    
matthias_lang

Um, is this his golf course with the river of blood plaque?

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

If Obama was so awful, why is he beloved here and around the world, while Trump is not and never will be?

8 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Misslindsey, I'm not as kind hearted or thoughtful as you. My family's lives are at risk, some at great risk. He has made a disastrous mess and doesn't deserve to do anything he enjoys. I cut him no slack.

7 Likes Save    
colleenoz

"trump also tweeted back then that Obama should hug Ebola patients."

I don't see Trump hugging any Covid patients.

1 Like Save    
artemis_ma

Let him golf.

Keeps him out of trouble.

Save    
vedabeeps

“If I win I may never see my property — I may never see these places again. But because I’m going to be working for you, I’m not going to have time to go golfing, believe me. Believe me. Believe me, folks.”

3 Likes Save    
abzzybee(9/10 S. Florida)

Callousness is a presidential prerequisite, at least for this one.

Save    
HU-885118952

The real question is, 'Is the etiquette any different than when h1n1 was declared a national emergency by Obama, and he went golfing to show America to not panic?".

Well?

1000 children died. Obama golfed.

Callousness!!!!

Save    
bob_cville

Math was a long time ago. Which of these two numbers is larger: 1000 or 100000?

Depending when you consider the first US death to have occurred there has been nearly 1000 deaths a day on average. And thus far Trump and the Federal government have still done virtually nothing. But yeah, good thing he's getting a chance to take a break from all that doing nothing.

2 Likes Save    
olliesmom

Since we are talking about golfing. Trump is a better golfer than Obama, too. Better President, better golfer.

1 Like Save    
deegw

Trump, the commander in-cheat? hahahahaha. His handicap is a figment of his imagination.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Trump praises Saudi crown prince, ignores questions on Khashoggi killing
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/29/trump-mbs-khashoggi-g20-1390412

“It's an honor to be with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, a friend
of mine, a man who has really done things in the last five years in
terms of opening up Saudi Arabia,” Trump said. “And I think especially
what you've done for women. I’m seeing what's happening; it's like a
revolution in a very positive way.”

Trump continued, “I want to just thank you on behalf of a lot of
people, and I want to congratulate you. You've done, really, a
spectacular job.”

1 Like Save    

More golf today!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Data Watch Data Watch: The Cost of the Summer Hurricanes
The financial hit to those in the path of this year’s devastating storms could be as much as $200,000 for some owners
Full Story
Inside Houzz The Top 10 Home Tours on Houzz
See the most popular homes from the 1,000 profiled on Houzz, from an edgy garage to a sparkling Southern belle
Full Story
The Polite House The Polite House: On ‘No Shoes’ Rules and Breaking Up With Contractors
Emily Post’s great-great-granddaughter gives us advice on no-shoes policies and how to graciously decline a contractor’s bid
Full Story
A shared philosophy of giving back is what motivates the talented team at Purple Cherry Architects. Our work is... Read More