My order came today

glenda_al

Missing the gym, and when it does open, no water aerobics for a while. I'm going to enjoy this.

Not my picture.

SaveComment18Like7
Comments (18)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nicole___

Yep! I have a stationary bicycle. I don't get on it, unless it's Winter.......:0) A big TV to watch while you spin and you'll be have a bikini body in no time! lol You go gurl!

1 Like Save     Thanked by glenda_al
kathyg_in_mi

I have one of those. Use it for my knees. Grandkids love to use it too.

Miss those darn grands!

glenda_al

Day 2 of enjoying my mini cycle

2 Likes Save    
joann_fl

are you liking it, Glenda, would you recommend it?

Save    
glenda_al

Yes, I am enjoying it. Sore after non exercising and I'm better today.

Save    
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

What size is it, Glenda? Does it take up much space? Where were you able to fit it, please.

Save    
glenda_al

Here it is. Right in front of my computer chair. No putting together, just one big screw for tension.

exerciser link

1 Like Save    
Lars

Thanks for this info - I ordered one for myself, as it is too hot here now for me to ride my bike outdoors - plus it is too sunny. I can do water aerobics in the pool, but I tend to just float on my raft, which also has a drink holder. I should be using the pool noodle instead, but it is just so pleasant and relaxing to float in the pool with a drink. It is very de-stressing and similar to meditation. This mini cycle will be easier to use, and I won't have to put on a bathing suit.

1 Like Save    
glenda_al

Lars, I miss water aerobics. Been participating now for 20 years. Our Y is reopening, but only by reservations for swimming laps, no water aerobics :o(

1 Like Save    
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

Thank you for the picture and link, Glenda.

1 Like Save    
maifleur03

Be very careful to use a non-slippery upright chair. These things were a fad several years ago, 10+, in this area several of my husband's water exercise buddies worked their tush's of the chairs onto the floor. No one was serious hurt but there were some bad bruises where people tried to catch themselves or the thing flipped back and hit their legs.

Save    
breenthumb

That's exactly what I've been wondering about. Glenda, do you find it necessary to sit at the edge of the chair?

Save    
glenda_al

I sit in my computer padded chair, so I find sitting on the edge works for me. I also sit back in the chair with arms on the arm rest.and watch tv. No sliding for me. Rug for flooring and it does not slide. I'd buy it again if needed.

I got mine cause I have no access to machines at Y due to to closure.

Save    
glenda_al

Found this and hadn't thought of using for arms as well:

set it on a table to work your upper body in a different and inspiring new way.

Pop on! The InStride POP Fitness Cycle from Stamina can be set up wherever you want it for an impactful workout anywhere, anytime. Use it with a chair to tone your calves, thighs, hamstrings, and glutes while increasing your heart rate and encouraging better circulation.

Save    
georgysmom2

I've had one for a number of years now. I have wood floors and it tends to move on the floors. I back it up to the book cases and use it while watching T.V. But like everything else, when someone is coming I put it away and tend to forget about it.

Save     Thanked by glenda_al
glenda_al

I have carpet and it doesn't move. If I did have wooden floors maybe a large throw rug with rubber gripping on the bottom will prevent it from moving., Just a thought

Save    
amylou321

https://www.amazon.com/Stamina-InMotion-E1000-Compact-Strider/dp/B000VICRO8

I had this for awhile at work. You can use it sitting or standing on it. It was great. Then they finally fixed our phones so that I could forward the calls to my cell phone so I could walk outside, plus my boss was nagging me about the space this tiny thing took up. He is SUCH a nag. So I took it home and used it until I got a treadmill. I recommend this all the time.

glenda_al

amylou, that is a little more than what I want to pay for. I'm satisfied with the one I have. Thanks for sharing.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design Today’s Coffee Stations Have All Kinds of Perks
Some of these features are so over the top that they will give you a jolt
Full Story
Materials How Brick Fits Into Today’s Gardens
Natural brick is often considered a traditional building material. Here’s how people are using it in contemporary gardens too
Full Story
Grasses House, Meet Landscape: How Integrated Gardens Came to Be
Trace the roots of union between home and the great wild to get ideas for merging the two on your own homesite
Full Story