The Pandemic President is missing church, lol!

Olychick

He's saying he'll "override" any governor who doesn't allow churches to open. Even though he has no such authority. Despite the CDC warning against it.

Thoughts and prayers if it doesn't go well.

SaveComment46Like1
Comments (46)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Izzy Mn(4)

So will Trump be attending?

2 Likes Save    
Olychick

We can only hope.

4 Likes Save    
blfenton

Apparently Kaleigh was trying to walk this back by calling it hypothetical. ????

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

How about he takes a dose of hydroxyC before heading out to a packed church without a mask.......show us your stuff Trump!

4 Likes Save    
Olychick

blfenton, I read it to say that she deemed the reporter's question about his authority as being hypothetical...

"Pressed on what power Trump had to override governors’ public health
decisions, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany dismissed the
question as “hypothetical” and accused reporters of wanting to keep
churches closed."

4 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Got to give her credit. She answers with non answers just like Kellyanne Conway.

7 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Yes, she reminds me of Kellyanne. Professional talkers.

dt couldn't care less about church. Remember when he was asked for his favorite Bible passage?

6 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Aren't churches responsible for some of the worst outbreaks?

7 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Right. Will there be singing in church? Shudder.

3 Likes Save    
Lucy

I hope trump and whole family are in the first pew.

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

They are always the first "Pew!".

6 Likes Save    
Olychick

P. U. ?

3 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Edited for clarity.

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

Given Trump's full throated endorsement of pubic church services I think that it would be a validation of that for him , Melania, Barron, Ivanka and the kids to attend an evangelical sevice .....hand holding, singing, no masks , no physical distancing.....Amen! After all it is what he is encouraging others to do.

10 Likes Save    
studio10001

The purpose of the statement had nothing to do with opening churches. It was important that 45 take the stance from a marketing perspective, and to do so at the time when states are already beginning to allow larger groups, so that he can claim that his threats are the reason, not existing developments in the re open. I wish that the press would stop jumping for him, and I wish that they would stop presenting this nonsense live. With hindsight, some smart editing fellow could have left out the entire follow up and presented us w the fact: the president has no direct authority, and here are the states that are currently allowing larger gatherings, etc. Three years in, and the media keeps getting baited by this NPU. Unbelievable.

16 Likes Save    
nickel_kg(6)

I wish that the press would stop jumping for him, and I wish that they would stop presenting this nonsense live.

Amen, studio10001, and again I say Amen!

6 Likes Save    
blfenton

olychick - thanks for the clarification.

I guess I still see the whole blathering by trump of forcing the churches to open as hypothetical. Six feet, if that's what the CDC protocols that kayleigh was holding up in the press conference said, isn't enough. With the singing and the older people attending, it just isn't enough. This is just a play to the evangelical base and he can say he tried but those democratic governors (and it will be all democratic governors, of course) just are refusing to follow the essential services law.

4 Likes Save    
AnnKH

Our church will not be opening, no matter what Trump says. We care about our elderly congregation.

8 Likes Save    
bob_cville

> Yes, she reminds me of Kellyanne. Professional talkers.

I think you might have accidentally misspelled the last word there.

It is correctly spelled L-I-A R-S.

8 Likes Save    
heri_cles

Maybe Trump has seen the light.

3 Likes Save    
Tilly Teabag

Studio, the media makes money from reporting Trump’s comments. They are a business. He is clickbait in pants.

2 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

In my state, Trump is a day late and a dollar short. Churches are already permitted to open with social distance restrictions. Some have, some havn't.

Save    
Iris GW

Good way to thin the evangelical herd, amirite?

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Satan is doing a Happy Dance today now that his favorite #1 disciple is encouraging all the faithful to gather together and spread a deadly virus among themselves. Satan may even be shouting Hallelujah on this one.

4 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

All the good Trumpers should go to church and hold hands and sing. Make it a Mega church - the bigger the better! Stadium seating! Be sure to bring the kids and the grandparents. They should take hydroxycholoroquine like their leader does - the stable genius knows best - he has the best brain. And don’t wear masks — it’s the sign of the devil. Trump was sent by God and the Lord will protect them.

8 Likes Save    
Jonnygun(zone 7)

I am interested in seeing if any Dem Governors take the bait. I am hopeful their will be at least one.

Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

I believe he is going to be worshipping today at the altar of the god of golf. He was spotted by the press corps in his tightie whities getting into a SS vehicle.

4 Likes Save    
how2girl

How gullible the evangelicals are if they think for one second that he has a religious bone in his body. He’s misled them for more than 3 years with his fake Christianity. If they come down with Covid-19 he can’t save them & they can’t vote for him.

The only thing(s) he worships is money & the Church of golf. He ticks all of the 7 deadly sins boxes.

11 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

The devil has won.

2 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Oh, I do so want to see Trump dance with James Brown's congregation. Somersaults and leaps high into the air--yes, I want to see Trump "performing."

Kate

Save    
socks(10a)

Instead of singing, maybe church attendees can just hum. That would work. Can you imagine "Onward Christian Soldiers," the hummed version?

1 Like Save    
Tilly Teabag

The Last Supper could not have happened in March-April 2020

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

I guess the underlying reason for the push is that some folks think that not opening churches (but opening other businesses) is a type of religious suppression.

Have at it, folks. You believe in a man in the sky, I'm not surprised you can't figure this out either.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

A Georgia church that reopened after shutting down due to the coronavirus has axed in-person services again in what they describe as “an effort of extreme caution” as several of their families have become infected by the deadly disease.

Catoosa Baptist Tabernacle, an independent Baptist church led by Pastor Justin Gazaway in Ringgold, Georgia, restarted in-person services on April 26. Church representative Joan Lewis told The Christian Post on Monday, however, that they decided to suspend “in-person worship services for the foreseeable future” on May 11 after learning several families had contracted the virus.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/georgia-church-closes-two-weeks-after-reopening-as-families-come-down-with-coronavirus-236899/?fbclid=IwAR2VNbpDRWG3RxOkPimqsN0JrAIxzA1L22DgHwKx7m75MjIb8Pq0-dJlkOk

Save     Thanked by Olychick
Annie Deighnaugh

From the CDC:

The couple (the index cases) attended church-related events during March 6–8, and developed nonspecific respiratory symptoms and fever on March 10 (wife) and 11 (husband). Before his symptoms had developed, the husband attended a Bible study group on March 11. Including the index cases, 35 confirmed COVID-19 cases occurred among 92 (38%) persons who attended events held at church A during March 6–11; three patients died. The age-specific attack rates among persons aged ≤18 years, 19–64 years, and ≥65 years were 6.3%, 59.4%, and 50.0%, respectively. During contact tracing, at least 26 additional persons with confirmed COVID-19 cases were identified among community members who reported contact with church A attendees and likely were infected by them; one of the additional persons was hospitalized and subsequently died. This outbreak highlights the potential for widespread transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, both at group gatherings during church events and within the broader community.

Save     Thanked by Olychick
socks(10a)

His push is to appeal to a segment of his base. And to make it look like everything‘s OK now, which it isn’t. I suppose church could be ok with distancing and no singing. I would not go even under those circumstance. In my opinion, church is not essential.

1 Like Save    
KarenS, NYC

OK, Let's let these fools go back to church like the several Pastors who had called the virus a Hoax, went back to their churches, subsequently got sick & are now DEAD. Doesn't really serve their congregations so well after all, does it?

2 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

I was taught that God is everywhere, but for some reason people gotta go to church.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Then there's this guy in Detroit who was using a water gun to shoot holy water at drive-by parishioners... I guess whatever floats your ark!

2 Likes Save    
kadefol

trump is just trying to suck up to his religious supporters because his base is shrinking. Desperation move.

4 Likes Save    
Lucy

Our governor never restricted churches but thankfully most are intelligent enough to just have online services.

1 Like Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

I doubt there is a God that would demand people congregate and infect each other in churches during a pandemic outbreak. It benefits the institution of the church not religion itself. If you (generic you of course) can't be religious without going to church then it's you who has a problem with your religion not the other way around. I get the social aspects and tithing to support a place/building/programs of religions in which to congragrate but the some common sense needs to be applied during a pandemic.

Will you be less religious if you don't go to your church or is it you (generic you) miss the social aspect?

Save    
sjerin

So, did he go to church?

1 Like Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

I think he said a prayer while golfing.

1 Like Save    
Olychick

Karen wrote: "OK, Let's let these fools go back to church like the several Pastors who had called the virus a Hoax, went back to their churches, subsequently
got sick & are now DEAD. Doesn't really serve their congregations so
well after all, does it?"

I suspect NONE of this was reported on Faux News, so the cult doesn't know anything but that the Pandemic President is telling them they are being denied their religious rights.

Save    
Olychick

I know he went golfing and not to church, but did anyone call him out about it (to his face) that we could see on the news?

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Sheltering at Home How Are You Passing the Time at Home Right Now?
Share your thoughts about how you are coping with stress and staying grateful during this difficult time
Full Story
The Polite House The Polite House: On ‘No Shoes’ Rules and Breaking Up With Contractors
Emily Post’s great-great-granddaughter gives us advice on no-shoes policies and how to graciously decline a contractor’s bid
Full Story
Life Overnight Guests Coming? How to Be a Great Host
Ensure a good time for all — including yourself — by following these steps for preparing for and hosting houseguests
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
We are the premier manufacturer of stairs & rails in Northern Virginia & the DC Metro. Since 1976 Century Stair... Read More