Then you ain't black!

Stan Areted

This is what happens when Joe gets out of the basement and is allowed to speak.

Note his handler tries to get him out of there pronto.

What a racist, and as usual with a Democrat, not only taking the vote of blacks for granted but saying they "ain't black" if they have to think about whether to vote for him or President Trump.

We can only imagine the outrage in reversed circumstances.

But will Democrats ever be outraged at Biden?

Keep it up, Joe, you need to get out more and show us more of who you really are, and who you aren't.

From interview Friday morning, May 22, 2020:

“I’m not acknowledging anybody who is being considered, but I guarantee you: There are multiple black women being considered. Multiple,” Biden said of his search process for a vice presidential nominee.

It was then that an aide to the Biden campaign could be heard interjecting into the conversation, attempting to cut short the interview. “Thank you so much. That’s really our time. I apologize,” the aide said.

“You can't do that to black media!” Charlamagne retored.

“I do that to white media and black media because my wife has to go on at 6 o’clock,” Biden shot back, apparently referring to a subsequent media appearance by Dr. Jill Biden, before adding: “Uh oh. I’m in trouble.”

“Listen, you’ve got to come see us when you come to New York, VP Biden,” Charlamagne said. “It’s a long way until November. We've got more questions.”

“You’ve got more questions?” Biden replied. “Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.” The Breakfast Club radio show, Politico.

SaveComment115Like3
Comments (115)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Got your knickers in a knot again, huh?

3 Likes Save    
zmith

Biden has a great sense of humor.

4 Likes Save    
leona_2008

Did trump ever apologize to the Central Park Five? Now, that's something to be outraged about. But yeah, that Biden!

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

Goodness gracious sakes alive! The man is insane.

3 Likes Save    
leona_2008

Nah, trump's not insane. At least not until he goes on trial. he's just a malignant narcissist on steroids.*

*Figure of speech, not to be taken literally. Adderall is not a steroid.

6 Likes Save    
elvis

This sort of jabber stems from the taco bowl photo in 2016. In late 2019 and January 2020, rumors, mostly fueled by actor Tom Arnold, circulated.

In October 2019, a picture from 2016 of U.S. President Donald Trump eating a taco bowl with the caption “I love Hispanics” re-entered online discourse, this time as evidence that “then-candidate Trump was abusing Sudafed.” The photo — which appears to show three boxes of the name brand nasal decongestant Sudafed in a drawer in the background — is authentic. But claims of his drug abuse stem from a factually challenged Twitter thread.

On Oct. 5, 2019, Twitter user JRehling published a thread that highlighted the Sudafed, identified it as a UK formulation, and then made these points as evidence of a nefarious drug-abuse problem:

• “Sudafed is sometimes used for a high that includes increased alertness … but in order to limit its abuse, regulations were passed.”

• “The desk drawer full of Sudafed, including boxes in New York purchased in the UK indicate that the legal limits of purchase are being circumvented, and that the then-candidate Trump was abusing Sudafed for its high rather than its decongestant effect.”

• effect.”

• “The boxes include a type that is only sold in the United Kingdom, with a different box and distinctive ingredients not found in the U.S.”

• These talking points, in turn, were repeated uncritically by several media outlets, most notably Inquisitr, which also suggested the Sudafed was an example of a broader pattern of stimulant abuse by the president. This argument, we show below, is flawed on numerous accounts.

“Sudafed is sometimes used for a high that includes increased alertness.”

Sudafed is a brand name for a series of nasal decongestant and cold medication products. Sudafed products generally come with one of two drugs as their active decongestant ingredient: either phenylephrine or pseudoephedrine. Pseudoephedrine is the more powerful of the two chemicals, and it is this chemical that people sometimes abuse for a high or stockpile to make methamphetamine. As such, its use is regulated in the United States.

Taking at face value the reasonable-appearing claim proffered in that thread that the drugs in the drawer are the product “Sudafed Mucus Relief Day & Night” would suggest that the drug abuse claim is fatally flawed. This formulation contains phenylephrine, which would mean that the drug Trump is allegedly abusing for a high is not capable of delivering such a high in the first place.

“The desk drawer full of Sudafed … indicate that the legal limits of purchase are being circumvented.”

As previously discussed, the Sudafed product at issue here does not contain a chemical with any legal limits on purchase. In the U.S., pseudoephedrine is regulated more tightly than other over-the-counter drugs thanks to the Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005. That law imposes monthly limits on retail or online purchases of pseudoephedrine-containing products and requires the collection of some personal details when purchasing them. Phenylephrine is not regulated under this law, and as such there is no “legal limit” for Trump to be circumventing by purchasing or stockpiling the drug.

“The boxes include a type that is only sold in the United Kingdom, with a different box and distinctive ingredients not found in the U.S.”

Sudafed Mucus Relief contains three ingredients, all of which are commonly found in the United States: paracetamol, phenylephrine, and caffeine. Paracetamol is what Tylenol (acetaminophen), a common drug in the United States, goes by in Europe. Caffeine is ubiquitous in the United States, and often used as an ingredient to enhance the pain-relieving impact in headache drugs like Excedrin. Phenylephrine, as discussed earlier, is the most common over-the-counter decongestant in America.

While the specific formulation of acetaminophen, caffeine, and phenylephrine does not appear to exist as an over-the-counter product in the United States, it would be ridiculous to suggest than any of these three ingredients are “not found in the U.S.,” or to suggest that any of them are used for a high.

Because the central facts used to make the argument that Trump is abusing Sudafed based on this photograph are rooted in fatally flawed logic and incorrect statements of fact, we rank the claim as “False.”

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sudafed-trump-tower/

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Scandalous! Thank goodness Trump's verbal gaffes are nonexistent, eh?

3 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

The old white guy gets to decide who is black???

4 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Well Trump seems to think he can decide who's a real American ....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/16/trump-real-americans-white-christian

3 Likes Save    
chisue

Guess it's just really dark when Trump is photographed with pupils so dialated they cover his irises, and he repeats himself three times in five minutes -- utilizing his special 'Vocabulary of the Vague': "Very-very. Huge. We'll see what happens."

Everything must look very, very *blurred* to this man.

5 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"The old white guy gets to decide who is black???"

Ask your African American friends, maybe?

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Trump's CovidGate isn't helping him win support among the black and brown communities.

1 Like Save    
catspa_zone9sunset14

This sort of jabber stems from the taco bowl photo in 2016. etc. etc. etc.

I'm not so concerned about what kind of Sudafed was in the drawer, but the periodic abnormal dilation of Trump's pupils, well-documented during his presidency, is a cause for concern. What is he taking that causes that?

1 Like Save    
FinallyHome

What a racist, and as usual with a Democrat, not only taking the vote of blacks for granted but saying they "ain't black" if they have to think about whether to vote for him or President Trump.

To be clear Stan:

Because Trump is so repulsive, ineffective as a president, racist, bent on tearing the county apart and down, criminal, ignorant, and the list goes on and on, there is literally nothing Biden can do or say that would prevent me as an African American from voting for him. This includes shooting someone on 5th Avenue.

It is one thing to differ on polices, but Trump is a vile human being. It is just that simple. Him and his administration has either destroyed or lowered the standards of every department and branch of the government. The entire world is laughing at us.

BTW, that 81% support number quoted above is low. I would bet a better number would be 98%. Trump and his criminal administration has got to go.

HE HAS GOT TO GO!!!!

16 Likes Save    
ohiomom

I had no idea some here were fans of Charlamagne tha God. I had no idea who he was, had to ask my grandchildren. You ladies rock listening to a shock jock like Charlamagne tha God.

(^_^)

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

My bet is Black Americans likely got it and were nodding agreement.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Nope, not racist.

Maybe ask your African American friends?

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

(Everyone knows why it's African American as opposed to Kenyan American, Nigerian American, etc. right?)

1 Like Save    
artemis_ma

It is really sad we have both folks who are bad at addressing issues as top runners from both parties. That being said, Trump wins that "prize" hands down. (No, I don't want Sanders, either...)

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Biden said if you don't know you want to vote for him, then "you ain't black."

That means HIS definition of black, in his own mind--what is left of it

I cannot think of a more insulting, presumptive, and racist thought much less uttered sentence.

Blue collar workers, union members, blacks, hispanics, non heterosexuals or those that don't know or want to accept they are heterosexuals, are all taken for granted by the democrat party as constituents, as though their "category" as defined by the left is the only identifying thing about their lives that is important. That's because democrats throw taxpayer money at them, all the while telling them they are victims and can't compete because they are blue collar workers, union members, blacks, hispanics, non heterosexuals or those that don't know or want to accept they are heterosexuals. Oh, don't forget women! Make up MORE than half of this country and still so unable to compete according to democrats.

There's nothing more prejudicial than that, or insulting.

1 Like Save    
Toby

Stan Areted

Biden telling Blacks they have no choice but to vote for him--whose the plantation owner? BIDEN.

His words make a lot of assumptions about people based purely on their race.

That's racist, that's Biden. Over and over and over he shows us who he is--and more importantly, who he isn't.

Actually, Stan, that isn't racism. If anything, it's stereotyping, which isn't necessarily racist. We stereotype all kinds of cultures and ethnicities but that doesn't mean we discriminate against them. I've seen Trumpers stereotype all kinds of groups, particularly Mexicans and Muslims, yet you'd swear up and down that you're not racist.

Now would you like to give some examples of Biden discriminating against blacks so we can put him toe-to-toe with Trump and his history of discrimination?

Save    
mrskjun(9)

But Trump, but Trump, but Trump. No, seems the black community is not happy with Biden's remarks at all. How racist can you get?

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

I agree with Rep. Scott: Arrogant and condescending.

3 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

Would you have been as bent out of shape is someone said this?

“Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Hitler, then you ain’t a Jew.”

Probably not.

You should be more offended by this:

President Trump: "We don't want anyone to do mail-in ballots.

1 Like Save    
Toby

Blue collar workers, unions, blacks, hispanics, non heterosexuals or
those that don't know or want to accept they are heterosexuals, are all
taken for granted by the democrat party as constituents

Don't forget the college-educated and suburban white women. We proudly claim them too!

Who are you all left with? Uneducated white males? Evangelicals? Neo-nazis and white nationalists?

2 Likes Save    
paprikash

Biden: 'If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black'

What an absolutely racist, condescending, arrogant and stupid comment.

4 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Biden's harangue was flat-out racist.

The notion that blacks are tethered to the Democrat party since LBJ, when they've promised everything but delivered nothing but generational poverty, welfare and declining quality of life, is just plain racist.

It's like Biden thinks Black owe him their vote.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Biden's 40 years in the swamp can't touch Trump's 3 years as President.

That is an undeniable fact.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Stan, there's no doubt that Biden's oft slow-to-react and pugilistic response team will bungle the response.

He's already got his spokesperson gasllighting the appropriately offended black Democrats by selling them some junk about Biden "jesting".

Uh, no, that wasn't jest. That was a clear flash of anger that the black man would deign to ask Biden WHY he DESERVED their vote.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

He would still have a long way to catch with Trump on that in all four categories:

racist, condescending, arrogant and stupid comment

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

lurker, the stats don't lie. Record-low unemployment.

And Trump will deliver it again faster than anyone.

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Glad to see you back '52! Biden seems to bring you back every time.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

The mere fact that Biden is being shielded by a black woman, running interference and making excuses for him, as he hides in his basement, is evidence of his cowardice and complete lack of seeing his blind spots.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

And Trump will deliver it again faster than anyone.

And biden can take credit for being part of the slowest recovery in American history.

Save    
Stan Areted

Toby:

Don't forget the college-educated and suburban white women. We proudly claim them too!

Who are you all left with? Uneducated white males? Evangelicals? Neo-nazis and white nationalists?

Oh yes, angry women, angry young women, angry middle aged women, angry old women, wanting someone to pay for them not being happy.

Left with men? Christians? Probably

They're probably some of the few you Democrats can't buy!

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

And biden can take credit for being part of the slowest recovery in American history.

Lurker, Biden does so with beaming pride.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

LOL! Keep dreaming. :^)

1 Like Save    
Toby

Oh yes, angry women, angry young women, angry middle aged women, angry
old women, wanting someone to pay for them not being happy.

So women who vote for Democrats are angry? Got it. But what's up with stereotyping women just because they vote for a Democrat?

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Stan, what this perfectly illustrates is why Blacks should consider voting for Trump and voting Republican. What have they got to lose when Democrats clearly regard them, in toto, as a foregone conclusion.

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

I hope Clyburn enjoys his 30 pieces of silver.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Klobuchar, Whitmer and every other white VP pick just saw their names scratched off Biden's list ;-)

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

I also got the distinct notion that Biden was offended when the black man didn't seem appropriately indebted on behalf of the black community, for what Biden has (supposedly) done for them.

1 Like Save    
bfox254

I'm not outraged.

Save    
bfox254

Perfectly illustrates how utterly patronizing elitist, liberal whites are when they say-speaking for everyone they surely are confident- that what Biden says doesn't even matter.

Yeah, Trump really is that bad. Go ahead, be outraged. Joe doesn't need me to defend him and this won't move the needle one bit.

Save    
HU-885118952

Stan, you're right. Just wait until Biden comes out of his basement and has to debate Trump!

His comments epitomize the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Trump's regard is far higher and his belief that the black community can achieve is evidenced by his prioritizing their success.

2 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

Give it up. Rather than hurting Biden, this comment will help him. It shows how proud Biden is of his record and his willingness and ability fo defend it.

Save    
HU-885118952

So now the black woman whom Biden picks will have to deflect from allegations of s&xual assault and his racist comments.

He'll have no problem finding volunteers.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Are Black Americans better off after 40 years of Biden and 8 years of Obama/Biden?

No.

The Biden 5 are fabulously wealthy and his junkie son landed an ill-gotten board position for a crooked Ukraine company and scored his company billions from China.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

So now the black woman whom Biden picks will have to deflect from allegations of s&xual assault and his racist comments.

He'll have no problem finding volunteers.

Already, he hasn't. Look this is one is getting paid! Look at the latest hypocrit Joe Biden has hired to try to get him elected:

"Former Vice President Joe Biden hired a “senior adviser” on Wednesday who said in 2017 that no one who has been “accused of sexual harassment or assault” should run for public office.

Karine Jean-Pierre, who was then the chief public affairs officer for left-wing MoveOn.org, told CNN’s Jake Tapper on State of the Union that even if nothing had been proved against a candidate, the mere accusation of sexual impropriety should be disqualifying.

Tapper asked Jean-Pierre to respond to a case in which a female Democratic candidate for Congress in Kansas named Andrea Ramsey dropped out of the race because of past accusations that she had sexually harassed a male subordinate.

Calling the accusations “a lie,” Ramsey also said that while it was good that victims were coming forward, Democrats had gone too far by adopting a “zero tolerance standard” even in the case of “false allegations.”

The exchange was as follows:

Tapper: Does [Ramsey] have a point? Has the pendulum gone too far?

Jean-Pierre: No, look. I think we’re at a point in time in this country where the “Me Too” movement has really take — has really gotten some traction and we’re finally listening to victims, whether they’re women or men.

And I think if you’re running for office, you can’t have been accused of sexual harassment or assault. And I think that we have to really take that next step here and make sure that it doesn’t happen with anyone in office or out of office." Breitbart May 21 2020

But hey, Biden offered her a job, so heady, she didn't mean it anyway.

Typical liberal hypocrit.

Keep buying those votes, Joe, with your pandering.

1 Like Save    
bfox254

HU-885118952 (needs a real screen name)

The Hunter Biden smear came and went, but not before getting Trump in a heap of trouble. No one cares.

Obama is the new villain. Trump won't win any points with the black community by accusing him of being a criminal.

If you're going to defend Trump, you have to keep up. I know it's difficult,

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

This thread is about Biden.

Start your own thread about Trump.

Save    
Nana H

Biden sure must be getting a lot of time on RW media. Must be scary times for Biden given those Trump supporters he was so counting on seem to be turning against him.

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

I'm glad Biden said it. 4.4 million Obama voters stayed home in 2016, and more than a third of them were black.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/03/12/4-4-million-2012-obama-voters-stayed-home-in-2016-more-than-a-third-of-them-black/

Please, let Joe out of the basement. He has plenty of time remaining to come up with more insulting statements to alienate more of his potential voters. I say, set the man free, and let him speak.

1 Like Save    
catspa_zone9sunset14

This thread is about Biden.

Start your own thread about Trump.

There goes the myth that only liberals try to boss people around :-)

1 Like Save    
Toby

One thing I'll say for Trump, he never alienates his voters. That 40% base sticks by him no matter what, which says a lot about his voters. Too bad you can't win an election with 40%. You also can't win it by smearing your opponent. Aren't you all sick of Trump's nasty politics yet?

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Biden is going to say dumb stuff and it won’t change any votes. He doesn’t have full time apologists like trump.

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Identity politics is synonymous with the Left.

The Klan, Neo-nazis, Jim Crow, alt-right, and white nationalists are nothing if not the living definition of identity politics.

African Americans have overwhelmingly voted Democratic since FDR. Like any other demographic in the US, blacks are able to decide which political party best represents their interests.

Hint: the GOP's Southern Strategy wasn't formulated, nor continuously used to attract black voters.

Double hint: Birtherism hasn't been used by Trump to attract black voters.

With this thread, I officially recognize an outbreak of Biden Derangement Syndrome. Predictions are for increasing intensity leading up to early November.

5 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Stan, it's no surprise to us that the veil has been lifted on the #believeallwomen and #metoo and #timesup movements. We saw through the ruse and fully understood it was about using women to gain power. So it doesn't shock us that virtually every single woman who believed Blasey-Ford's painfully thin allegations are now calling Tara Reade a liar, and amending their prior statements and positions.

What's appalling is the women who sit there as their leaders conveniently abandon their previous positions, and just let the-as Nancy Pelosi puts it- doggy doo doo just roll downhill and cover them from head to toe.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Stan, the irony is that Biden was telling that black man that he wasn't really black if he voted for Trump. Just another loyalty test to pass in order show unwavering fealty to the Democrat party and not be labeled and smeared as an "Uncle Tom".

We all see how the Democrats and media (but I repeat myself) treat blacks who don't tow the party line.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

LOL

1 Like Save    
Nana H

"Just another loyalty test to pass in order show unwavering fealty to the
Democrat party and not be labeled and smeared as an "Uncle Tom".

......and apparentjy 81% of Blacks fall for it. I know you and others have an explanation for that.

Save    
Toby

This thread is classic HT!

3 Likes Save    

Time for a reminder:

Hint: the GOP's Southern Strategy wasn't formulated, nor continuously used to attract black voters.

Double hint: Birtherism hasn't been used by Trump to attract black voters.

4 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

I bet you they attracted the couple in the Trump gear though.

Happy Friday y'all. :-)

3 Likes Save    
Jonnygun(zone 7)

It is moot. Biden was Obama's VP, what else do "blacks" need to know?

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Well Trump seems to think he can decide who's a real American ...."

Baloney. Black skin is an immutable characteristic. Unlike citizenship, it cannot be renounced, hidden, nor dismissed. One doesn't become black by being born on American soil, nor by a government process called naturalization. We all have our own unique genetic background to thank for our skin color.

Who thinks the bumbling old white guy, Joe Biden, is entitled to tell African Americans which of them "ain't black" ?

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Stan, can you define “a real black”?"

Ask Joe Biden. He's the one telling blacks they ain't black if they have impermissible thoughts.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

ABH, not what he said...but clearly what you heard. What is important is what Black voters heard.

Save    
ohiomom

The OP is about Biden, right got it.

"This year’s election is going to be tough and it shouldn’t be, but now I’m fully accepting that America is either voting for a Russian-loving, sun-beaten orange Skittle or a soggy white sock with a black stripe and a Southern old white man blaccent.

Let me start this by saying I’m voting for Joe Biden. Full stop.

Let me also add that you should vote for Joe Biden.

Let me also add that if a hat were found in the woods and that hat was running against President Trump, I would have a sign outside my house that read: “Homeless Hat in 2020!”

SOURCE OF COURSE: The Root

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

I see no reason to vote for joe. He would be a disaster. We have the best president we've ever had. No reason to look at anyone else, especially a crook from the past.

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

"Let me start this by saying I’m voting for Joe Biden. Full stop."

Okay.

2 Likes Save    
Toby

Joe is working for the black vote. Is Trump? Or is he still assuming that since black employment and income rose with everyone else's, he doesn't have to do anything more?

There are other issues important for blacks that Trump couldn't even name. Someone should ask him what the top three issues for blacks are at one of his pressers.

Save    
Nana H

Stan....that quote was from the article. It wasn't Ohiomom's.

Save    
katrina_ellen

"You also can't win it by smearing your opponent. Aren't you all sick of Trump's nasty politics yet?

This is proof the dems always accuse what they themselves do, talk to all the victims of the dems nasty politics and ask them if they are sick of their dividing and character assasination yet. Unreal.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Stan....that quote was from the article. It wasn't Ohiomom's.

Yes, I know.

So? Same response applies to anyone that said it.

I applaud people for supporting their candidate of choice.

I will call out a candidate that assumes that because of a person's race they owe him their vote, and if they don't want to vote for him, they're not true to their race.

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT OHIOMOM POSTED, her post was irrelevant to the topic, but benign.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

President Trump wants the votes of Americans and race doesn't play into it.

He believes, as I do and many others, that we're all equal and all capable of providing for ourselves, and we aren't victims in this great land of opportunity.

2 Likes Save    
Toby

Lurker, neither could Trump.

Could you also not care less what the top three issues are for Evangelicals? Working families? Members of our military? Single parents? Why should black issues not be just as important?

1 Like Save    
Ann

I haven't read most of the thread, but I was simply blown away by the video of this comment. Biden was clearly trying to "be one of the gang" with his big smiles, open arms, and bantering manner in the video. But I think it was horrible. To me, the worst part was the insertion of "ain't" as a clear implication that's how the gang, he was trying to comfortably interact with, speaks. So, I think he was implying poor English skills and an inability to reach one's own decision were core habits of that "gang". I thought it was horribly condescending and I will be interested in the hearing the reaction from the black community. OMG - I think it was simply horrible.

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

I think that the right has about as much chance of influencing the pro Biden vote with their negativity as the left does of convincing Trump supporters of his incompetence.

Choirs preaching to their choirs........

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"ABH, not what he said...but clearly what you heard. What is important is what Black voters heard"

LOL! Unfortunately for Biden, neither the host's skin color, nor Joe's racist quote stereotyping him can be decreed into non-existence.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether
you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

A white guy presuming to judge an African American man as somehow inauthentic calls for an explanation from Biden. Can't wait for it!

1 Like Save    
bfox254

He believes, as I do and many others, that we're all equal and all capable of providing for ourselves, and we aren't victims in this great land of opportunity.

Trump loudly proclaims himself a victim of some imagined evil force practically every day.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

So, the Black Voices for Trump are part of those 3% of African Americans for Trump.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

This thread sure did blow up.

Save    
Ann

Chris Wallace was just interviewed and found Joe's comment to be highly inappropriate, and Chris is no Trump fan! I sure think we'll be hearing about this one on the Sunday shows. I think even Chuck Todd will have no choice but to discuss this mess. That was a really bad moment for Joe. I'll bet a campaign ad is being made as we speak and it will be an effective one!

Save    
deegw

I can't think of anything that Biden could possibly do or say that would cause a supporter to stay home on Nov 11 or change their vote from Biden to Trump. I don't think Trump fans understand this reality.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

Tim Scott certainly was agitated by the comment.

1 Like Save    
Ann

"Biden sure must be getting a lot of time on RW media."

Today he is, without a doubt and a TON of coverage!!!! Is LW media choosing to ignore this? That wouldn't surprise me.

1 Like Save    
kadefol

Biden is certainly not ideal and I wish there was a good alternative. But it all boils down to voting for the lesser of 2 evils. And that is anyone but Trump.

2 Likes Save    
Toby

OMG! Is this Biden's "Access Hollywood" moment?

LOL!

2 Likes Save    
Ann
2 Likes Save    
barncatz

Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether
you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t an environmentalist.

Any better?

3 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

The Democrat party that is always chirping about racism and skin color are the racists. They project that fact at any given moment. They prove it time and again, both historically to present day. They haven't changed very much. But orange man bad!

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Ann, the msdnc media will spin for Biden as long and as hard as they have to, and when Joe finally grants one of them a basement appearance, they will fluff and throw softbballs to rehab his egregious comments.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Why is Trump giving a Memorial Day speech today? Golf game Monday?

1 Like Save    
Nana H

" I'll bet a campaign ad is being made as we speak and it will be an effective one!"

Effective with who? You think this will drive Black's to Trump? Let's face it the numbers of voters who have not made up their mind is very small. It would take just as much to drive Biden voters to Trump as it would to drive Trump voters to Biden,

The only thing that might tip the balance is any sort of serious resurgence of Covid, that would be the last straw for Trump.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Ziemia(6a)

"The old white guy gets to decide who is black???"

Ask your African American friends, maybe?

Why not ask your black friends whether they prefer to be called African American or Black American? In my experience, the latter wins hands down.

1 Like Save    
barncatz

Didn't Trump just whine about Fox not telling its viewers to vote for him?

Please compare and contrast.

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

"when Joe finally grants one of them a basement appearance, they will
fluff and throw softbballs (sic) to rehab his egregious comments."

After over three years of Trump and FOX that is beyond laughable.

2 Likes Save    
barncatz

I'm going to go ahead and assume this was written by a white person to whom the fact that President Trump has provided an economy which has produced the lowest black unemployment in history means nothing.

Yeah and all those oh so high paying jobs just got evaporated.

Save    
bfox254

Fox news coverage probably moved the needle in Trump's direction last election. I don't think it's much of a factor this year. The base will get all riled up over their coverage of some supposed Biden/Obama outrage but Fox is broadcasting to people who are already voting for Trump. They won't be attracting any new fan base.

Save    
Nana H

"Trump has provided an economy which has produced the lowest black unemployment in history means nothing."

Amazing that 81% of Black voters are so unappreciative......why might that be?

Save    
Ann

Chris Wallace also opined about Joe in the basement today.

Of course, some of us have never doubted why his team might want him to stay in the basement - and now this racist, condescending Biden comment is a perfect demonstration.

Here is what Wallace had to say this morning on the basement topic.

"I understand being careful," Wallace told host Chris Foster. "But I do think that he's got to get out."

"I don't understand, for instance ... " Wallace continued, "why he can't go and hold one of those roundtables like the president holds, where everybody is six or eight feet away from each other without masks and they're all talking about issues."

"You could hold a news conference on his front lawn, you know, and be 10 feet away from people," Wallace added. "But I just think it's becoming an increasingly bad look, as people are beginning to open up, for him to be stuck in the basement of his father's home in Delaware."

"The host pointed out that the November vote will be a "referendum on the president and how he's handling the virus and the economy, but it's also always going to be a choice. Biden has got to make a better fight of it, a bigger push than he is right now."

"I understand his age and that he's in a vulnerable group," he concluded. " But you've got to find a way around it and come out, you know, from what seems almost to be hiding."

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Why is Trump giving a Memorial Day speech today? Golf game Monday?

The speech was to honor representatives for the annual Rolling To Remember demonstration, sponsored by AMVETS. https://www.rollingtoremember.com/

AMVETS is a veterans service organization that's been assisting veterans and their families for over 75 years. Because of Covid19, members were encouraged to ride 22 miles in their hometowns, instead of making the annual trek to Washington DC on Memorial Day weekend. (22 miles represents the 22 veterans who die by suicide daily.)

President Trump and the First Lady will participate in a Memorial Day ceremony on Monday, at Baltimore’s Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine, to honor Americans who have sacrificed their lives serving in the US Armed Forces.
https://www.columbian.com/news/2020/may/20/trump-plans-to-mark-memorial-day-at-baltimore-event/

1 Like Save    
barncatz

bfox, I agree. Not sure if you were responding to my thought, but I was trying to make the point that none of the Trump supporters frothing about Joe's presumption batted an eye at Trump's command to a network that they continue to tell their viewers they must vote for him.

1 Like Save    

The Democrat party that is always chirping about racism and skin color are the racists.

Heavens to betsy, in 2016 those chirping about skin color were part of the alt-right and white nationalists.

How soon they forget!

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Yeah and all those oh so high paying jobs just got evaporated.

Not permanently. It's a big mistake to underestimate what Americans will do to rebuild the economy; the motivation is there, and I'm optimistic that people will be able to regain jobs, even if they aren't all returning to the same jobs they had before Covid19.

Especially after Trump is elected for four more years.

4 Likes Save    
barncatz

The higher class educated ones love him.

Just spit lemonade on my screen. Don't you tell us you're in Texas, lurker? Of course, this is just one statewide, not town, poll.

Trump beat Biden 60% to 34% among white voters, but Biden is far ahead with black voters (74% to 16%) and in the lead with Hispanic voters (50% to 40%). Other differences show up in geography, with 57% of urban voters favoring Biden, ...

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/04/25/trump-biden-texas-coronavirus-poll/

Save    
barncatz

You're all better. Back to the oars!

Save    
Olychick

Oh, the outrage of the party supporting the Pandemic president, on behalf of Black Americans is rich. Oh the irony. Supporting the Pandemic president despite his fawning over racists and white nationalists and nazi supporter's bloodlines, etc. and trying to make Biden into a plantation owner is laughable.

7 Likes Save    
jmm1837

I'm finding it more than slightly ironic that Trumpites are criticising Biden for making a clumsy statement about how Black Americans should view Trump, while themselves declaring how Black Americans should view Trump.

11 Likes Save    
bfox254

Let's be real here. Trump has absolutely no idea how to build an economy for the black community or anyone else. He road on the coattails of Obama's sustained economic recovery and managed not to screw it up too badly.

You want proof? How exactly is Trump planning to revive this economy besides opening everything up again and hoping for the best. Have you heard any concrete long-term plans from him? He's relying on whatever short-term fixes Congress manages to pass to bail him out. That's not leadership and that's not a plan. He's great at throwing shade at others, but have you heard one original plan or action he's taking to revive the economy? He's a man without a plan. No plan to rescue a dying population and no plan to rescue a dying economy.

9 Likes Save    
elvis

Thanks for that informative and timely post, Mud. I'm sure everyone will enjoy the opportunity to plan how they can tune in!

Why is Trump giving a Memorial Day speech today? ...

The speech was to honor representatives for the annual Rolling To Remember demonstration, sponsored by AMVETS. https://www.rollingtoremember.com/

AMVETS is a veterans service organization that's been assisting veterans and their families for over 75 years. Because of Covid19, members were encouraged to ride 22 miles in their hometowns, instead of making the annual trek to Washington DC on Memorial Day weekend. (22 miles represents the 22 veterans who die by suicide daily.)

President Trump and the First Lady will participate in a Memorial Day ceremony on Monday, at Baltimore’s Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine, to honor Americans who have sacrificed their lives serving in the US Armed Forces.

It's all so very appropriate.

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

Mind you the Mayor of Baltimore was not consulted and is quite annoyed as the gathering that Trump is putting together violates their guidelines on the size of gatherings. He is also very annoyed at the cost they will incur to protect Trump while he yammers about them not getting any federal aid.

He really should have gone to Alabama....

1 Like Save    
lionheart_gw (USDA Zone 5A, Eastern NY)

I was working outside and heard about this on BBC America when I came in. Oy. Is this Biden's "deplorables" moment?

2 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

I'm sure everyone will enjoy the opportunity to plan how they can tune in!

Well, that is a very inaccurate conclusion.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Black White Toilet, Black Lid: Trending in a Bathroom Near You
Contrast is king with this look for the bath — and it works with any style you can think of
Full Story
Decorating Guides What Color Should You Paint Your Trim?
Learn the benefits of painting your trim white, black, neutral, a bold color and more
Full Story
Ceilings Add Excitement With Vibrant Ceiling Color
Slather on some bold ceiling color for an instant — and eye-catching — transformation
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever