Trump: Henry Ford Had Good Bloodlines

jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

At his rally at the Ford Factory today, talking about its founder, Trump said: "Good bloodlines, good bloodlines. If you believe in that stuff -- you got good blood." Henry Ford was a well know Nazi sympathizer.

"I regard Henry Ford as my inspiration." - Adolf Hitler, 1931

SaveComment42Like2
Comments (42)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

Ugh

Save    
cyn427 NoVaZone7

That thinking is so ingrained in him that he just can't stop himself. Mr. MAGA does not seem to recognize that in the US bloodline should not matter one bit. Ugh is right.

4 Likes Save    
Olychick

Well, he spoke his truth, out there for everyone to hear. I wonder how the workers will view this statement?

1 Like Save    

I don't know why he would mention Henry Ford's bloodlines unless it was going to be white nationalist related. It sounded like a dog whistle. I am not sure what the workers thought because their faces were not shown. I know that Michigan has a number of white nationalist and hate groups and perhaps he was signaling.

Save    
paprikash

Well, not everyone is aware of who was and who was not a nazi sympathizer. Congrats on finding this nugget of info

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

I don't know why he would mention Henry Ford's bloodlines unless it was going to be white nationalist related.

Any chance he meant assembly lines?

Congrats on finding this nugget of info

Pretty well known fact.

5 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Very fine people.

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

Geez.

2 Likes Save    
Bookwoman(7a PA)

Pretty well known fact.

Indeed it is. In the early 1920s Ford published a series of anti-semitic articles in his newspaper, The Dearborn Independent, and then had them bound as pamphlets. The first volume was titled The International Jew: The World's Foremost Problem. Half a million copies were distributed, and it was translated into many languages. Ford is even mentioned in Mein Kampf.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Henry Ford was a rabid anti-semite.

My thread mentioning Fox News seems to have gone missing, but I like this bit about Fox News even better. :-)

Save    
paprikash

Indeed it is. In the early 1920s Ford published a series of anti-semitic articles in his newspaper, The Dearborn Independent, and then had them bound as pamphlets. The first volume was titled The International Jew: The World's Foremost Problem. Half a million copies were distributed, and it was translated into many languages. Ford is even mentioned in Mein Kampf.

——————

Before my time........

Save    

Before my time as well, but I know of Ford's anti-Semitism.

There are these things called history books, and documentary films.

18 Likes Save    
paprikash

No kidding? Condescending much?

Save    

Heinrich Himmler described Ford as "one of our most valuable, important, and witty fighters". Ford is the only American mentioned favorably in Mein Kampf.
According to Trump’s first wife, he kept Mein Kampf on a table next to his bed.

3 Likes Save    

Condescending much?

You mean the comment "Before my time" ?

Yes, I think so.

8 Likes Save    
Olychick

Well, most of the world's history was "before my time" but I still manage to learn about it. I don't just dismiss something because I didn't live through it.

The Bible? "Before my time"

21 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

Condescending much?

You mean the comment "Before my time" ?

Yes, I think so.

~~~

dismissing history -- yeah that's a left/right issue too.

7 Likes Save    

If he was thinking assembly lines and said “bloodlines” that is the Freudian slip to end all Freudian slips.

But I think he meant just what he said. What I don’t know is whether he realizes how problematic it is.

It’s impossible for me to tell if he knows what he’s saying and means it in the way it sounds, or if he’s too dumb/addled to know its historical implications.

His supporters swear he is a genius; if that’s the case his intentions are pure evil.

3 Likes Save    

OT: on the continuum of ban-able offences is “condescending” more or less egregious than “preachy?”

3 Likes Save    
Olychick

Depends on whether you go alphabetical or not.

4 Likes Save    
Lulu Smith

Let's not leave Ford's good friend Charles Lindbergh out of the American Jew haters and Nazis.

"Lindbergh would spend the years leading up to World War II actively campaigning to “protect the white race” and for the U.S. to maintain strict neutrality toward Nazi Germany. He even flew to Germany to receive a medal in person from Hermann Göring, the infamous commander of Nazi Germany’s Luftwaffe, on behalf of Adolph Hitler himself. “We must ask who owns and influences the newspaper, the news picture, and the radio station,” he said in a nationwide radio address in September 1939. “If our people know the truth, our country is not likely to enter the war.”

It was the following year that Lindbergh became a spokesman for the AFC and ramped up his anti-Semitic messaging, particularly against newspapers and radio broadcasts that Lindbergh insinuated were controlled by Jews looking to plunge America into war with the Nazis.

Through the AFC, he spread his message to millions over the radio and by addressing sizable crowds in venues like New York’s Madison Square Garden, setting himself and his legacy on a collision course with infamy. https://allthatsinteresting.com/charles-lindbergh-antisemitism

"It also included some of the nation’s most prominent anti-Semites, like Lindbergh’s close friend Henry Ford. (When asked what they talked about during Lindbergh’s visits to Ford’s plant, the automaker reportedly replied, “When Charles comes out here, we only discuss the Jews.”) And Lindbergh was one of the organization’s spokesmen. https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a31482451/charles-lindbergh-nazi-ties-explained-the-plot-against-america-true-story/

3 Likes Save    
barncatz

Miss L, I'm afraid to ask... can you share what the "preachy" references are...referencing?

1 Like Save    

imo, Trump and Lindberg have a lot in common.

Save    

barncatz without getting too far into the weeds of forbidden subjects, a poster recently divulged that s/he was removed for that reason. The poster has since been reinstated. I like to take little jabs at the management decision to remove a contributing member of the community for that reason.

Poking the bear, more or less.

Save    
barncatz

Huh, well appreciate you explaining. And you take care now, miss l.

1 Like Save    
abzzybee(9/10 S. Florida)

So politics is ok but religion is taboo? Or am I missing not just the barn but the field the barn is in?

Save    

During Trump's presidential campaign his rhetoric of "America first" brought to mind Charles Lindbergh.

2 Likes Save    
heri_cles

And back to Trump's father who was arrested during the Henry Ford/Lindbergh era while be-robed with a white hood at a Nazi rally in New York.

Racist Fred Trump raised the Bully Boy. The nut didn't fall too far from the nut tree.

3 Likes Save    

Bears repeating:

According to Trump’s first wife, he kept Mein Kampf on a table next to his bed.

ETA: This person says:

A younger Trump, according to his first wife’s divorce filings, kept and studied a book translating and annotating Adolf Hitler’s pre-World War II speeches in a locked bedside cabinet, Neuborne noted. The English edition of My New Order, published in 1941, also had analyses of the speeches’ impact on his era’s press and politics. “Ugly and appalling as they are, those speeches are masterpieces of demagogic manipulation,” Neuborne says.

“Watching Trump work his crowds, though, I see a dangerously manipulative narcissist unleashing the demagogic spells that he learned from studying Hitler’s speeches—spells that he cannot control and that are capable of eroding the fabric of American democracy,” Neuborne says. “You see, we’ve seen what these rhetorical techniques can do. Much of Trump’s rhetoric—as a candidate and in office—mirrors the strategies, even the language, used by Adolf Hitler in the early 1930s to erode German democracy.”

Link

3 Likes Save    
Embothrium(Sunset Climate Zone 5, USDA Hardiness Zone 8)

Yep, it's the Art of the Deal guy in action. With what he says chosen to appeal to particular target audiences, in order to get desired reactions from them. That's why he kept holding rallies even after being elected, and why he recently was making daily appearances to play up his team's handling of the COVID-19 crisis - he is always trying to as it were make a sale. With his often confrontational and insulting approach serving to charm a significant portion of his customer base.

2 Likes Save    
bob_cville

This statement:

> It’s impossible for me to tell if he knows what he’s saying and means
it in the way it sounds, or if he’s too dumb/addled to know its
historical implications.

> His supporters swear he is a genius; if that’s the case his intentions are pure evil.

In light of the what jerzeegirl has posted it really makes it seem like the latter.

1 Like Save    
chisue

Hasn't everyone experienced "Hitler dejavu" watching Trump's rallies and seeing him gut judicial and regulatory branches of our government? Most of the GOP was happy to collaborate. Now they're trapped lest he oust *them*.

6 Likes Save    
blfenton

It's the demeaning and being dismissive of the importance of the media that is tell tale of trumps intentions. It's the deliberate intention of making the main stream news seem like propaganda by calling it fake news that is reminiscent of Hitler.

It's the most dangerous copycat behaviour of trump.

7 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Testing--to see if this thread, like at least one other, is also "locked"--showing to the poster but not seen by the HT community.

Let me know if you can see this message. Thanks.

Kate

4 Likes Save    
zmith

I can see it, Kate.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Thanks, zmith.

Save    
Gizmo

The HBO mini-series The Plot Against America will chill You to your very bones, esp with the reality of a certain you-know-who authoritarian in office being cheered on-- & supported, by his minions.

Save    
Bookwoman(7a PA)

I also highly recommend the book on which the series was based, by Philip Roth, as well as Sinclair Lewis' It Can't Happen Here.

Save    
Lars(Z11a, Sunset 24)

Trump said: "Good bloodlines, good bloodlines. If you believe in that stuff -- you got good blood."

There is no way "blood" could mean "assembly", since he said it three times, and everyone believes in assembly lines, and so that would not be questioned.

Much of American history is deplorable and scary, from Andrew Jackson's "Trail of Tears" to Jim Crow, etc. It seems that racism is so ingrained in the U.S. that many people think it is normal. However, it has to be taught, and I was taught to be racist by my father, but when I asked him to explain why, he was unable, and so I ignored that part of teachings. He didn't like that I had Chicano friends. I had a black friend (our maid's son) before I started elementary school, but since we had segregated schools, I never saw him after we both started school, and his mother moved away.

1 Like Save    
Gizmo

Gee, no 'blood and soil' shout-outs from Trump?

Save    
bob_cville

So it was basically a dog whistle to those among his supporters who are anti-Semitic and/or pro-Nazi saying "I support your hatred"

2 Likes Save    
Embothrium(Sunset Climate Zone 5, USDA Hardiness Zone 8)

Talking to his good people

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Traditional Architecture ‘Wolf Hall’ Style: The Secrets of Tudor Architecture
As American audiences watch a new TV series about the politics of Henry VIII, we explore the elements of his era’s distinctive style
Full Story
Dens and Libraries 'Not My Precious Books!' — Pain-Free Ways to Declutter Your Library
Have your books and neatness too, with these ideas for paring down and straightening up a beloved collection
Full Story
Most Popular The Inevitable Future of Drones Around Your Home
As Google joins the push for airborne deliveries, it seems only a matter of time before neighborhoods are buzzing with drones. Is that OK?
Full Story