SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_48993339

Open floor plan design/layout help! Townhome

Amy B.
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for ideas on how to layout my new home. I have a few pieces already that I want to include in certain locations, but would appreciate any suggestions on what pieces to add and where.

Here is the floor plan:

Here are the items I want to use:

Book shelf: 47.25"W x 13.5"D x 59"H

Sectional: 109.5"w x 66"d x 34"h.

Dining room table: 42"W x 63(no leaf) 81(one leaf) 99(two leaves)"D x 30"H

Console table: 31.5'' H x 39.5'' W x 12'' D

Kitchen cabinets are white. Here are what the flooring, back-splash and counter tops look like:

I wanted the bookshelf to go next to the wall separating the kitchen from the living room across from the stairs. I am also planning to put the console table on the dining room wall across from the island to partially hide a vent, but still allow for air flow. The sectional will have the TV across from it on the small wall that's part of the powder room.

As for the rest of the space I'm not sure what to do! I am still debating whether or not I would like two chairs or a love seat to go with the sectional as well as what size rug I will need for the space. I will need a coffee table and at least one end table.

I also need ideas for the dining room light fixture which will hang above the table as well as stools for the island. I want to use at least one floor plant, mirror, and floating shelves as part of the decorating. And I plan to put an abstract triptych (3 piece) painting above the sectional.

Hopefully you guys can help me put some good ideas together! Thank you again in advance! :)

Comments (5)