SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcmahonvincent

Large Hillside ideas

mcmahonvincent
3 years ago

Good morning everyone,

I recently posted a similar thread, but quickly realized the scope of my post was too much and lacked detail. The questions and comments I got made me think about it in more detail. So hear goes with more specifics. I hope you all can help

Our Hillside is facing east, and the area I am looking to work on is about 120 feet long. Past that, on the right it continues into more wooded area which is still part of property. The stone wall on top of hill is property line, and to left its just about 10 ft past the invisible fence flags. Generally i would say it's full sun by midday at the lower wall area to full shade up by top wall. The shade is generally tall trees. Zone is 6a

The first thing I would like to tackle is to get a line of bushes along the back/top wall. Not for privacy really, but more for landscaping look/and to define the line. We like some color, but not forsythia as its everywhere here. Does not have to be hedge style really and bushes with edible berries and /or attractive to bird /bees ideal. Ultimate, these should be 6-8 feet high as a nice backdrop. Do you guys have ideas what to put here.

The second item we want to tackle is a area / band of ground cover on the bottom, going 10-15 ft from wall. Color and flowering important. Currently its filled with wild grasses, weeds etc and has good erosion control. It's a large area, so we can do it in phases.

What ideas would you recommend? Does it have to be the same accross the whole area or can we mix it up with ground cover that could compliment. For example, the left half of the area is where our patio, firepit, BBQ is etc. The right half is over a lawn.

The third phase will be the area between ground cover and back wall, but i have decided to leave that for now due to the size of the area.

See some photos below.

Thanks

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH