SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nick_comodo

need help with my Foxtail palm

Nick Comodo
3 years ago

Recently had this double foxtail palm planted a week ago by professionals so I know it’s planted correctly and not to far down, after a closer look I noticed these brown spots on the leaves with brown tips on some of the fronds. There are 2 dead or dying ones at the bottom I’m just concerned it might have fungus or some nutrient deficiency. It’s 5 years old and was a pot plant so I heard it’s common with young palms and pot planted
palms. Now that it’s in the ground getting fertilized and proper irrigation do you think those brown spots will go away when new fronds come out? Not sure but I also noticed the spear isn’t completely green either is that normal? I hope it doesn’t have crown rot. But it was only planted a week ago so I’m unsure. There’s also this one cut frond so I was wondering will it ever come off the trunk? Thanks to anyone for answers I just wanna make sure it’s not going to die on me. I’m hoping with it being planted and not in a pot now after a couple cycles of new fonds coming out it will not have those spots and look healthy.

Comments (17)