SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannon_fordyce

Portulacaria afra dropping healthy leaves suddenly?

Shannon Fordyce
3 years ago

Hi guys! I have a little portulacaria afra (lovingly named my baby jade) who i woke up this morning to find has just dropped a bunch of leaves from her upper half and i have absolutely no idea why. the leaves are plump and green and look really healthy, and the ones on the stalk remaining are sort of pointing downwards? I gave them a gentle touch to see if they were just falling off but it's like they're intentionally pushing down?

she's due for a new pot when i can actually get out to buy one so i wasn't sure if maybe she's had enough of her lack of space? It seems that the leaves have all dropped off of the soft new green stem and stayed on the more older, woody area so I'm also wondering if maybe she's just getting ready for winter seeing as its been getting colder here?

(note, i just gave her a little water and put her out into the sun to see if maybe that could help, she usually lives on a shelf in my room with mostly indirect sunlight because im a baby and worried full strength australian sun will fry her)

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists