SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_778689423

Norstone Platinum Planc

I've discovered a product (Norstone Platinum Planc) that stands by no grout, even in the shower. I currently have it in the master bathroom (including the shower), a second bathroom on the walls and as the kitchen backsplash and fire place. Does anyone have any experience with Norstone products - particularly the Platinum Planc?

Comments (5)

• darbuka
    3 years ago

Wait...you have the product in four areas of your house, yet you are asking if anyone here has experience with it? Seems like you have the expertise to answer your own question.

What’s your experience?

• webuser_778689423 webuser_778689423
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I debated on even responding. I’m pretty sure if I had it in my house already I wouldn’t be asking the question. I discovered the product and have incorporated in my design. Does anyone have any experience with this product?Better?

• pooltime
    3 years ago

@webuser_778689423 webuser_778689423, did you end up installing this product? I am considering the Norstone Platinum PLANCS for an outdoor wall near our pool and could use your feedback. Thanks in advance.

• webuser_778689423 webuser_778689423
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@darbuka stop being a bully. You're the only one that misinterpreted.

@pooltime yes, we decided to install and so far no issues. Make sure your installing contractor reads the literature provided by the manufacturer. We installed in the master shower and I could see the soap residue right away. Not sure I'd install in a shower setting again. Where you're installing near your pool you shouldn't have that issue. Something to consider - there are characteristics of the lava stone to already have or experience some light scattered rust deposits. This is due to the naturally present iron content when the material was a lava flow. Supposedly it eventually goes away. It never bothered me but its worth mentioning because I don't recall seeing any pics (or mention) of this on Norstone's website. I've attached a pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

• srp1621
    last year

Hello, did you install Norstone Platinum Planc on your fireplace? If so, would you share a photo? I am strongly considering it. Thanks!

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County