SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shela_graley29

Help with selecting exterior paint color scheme

Sh G
3 years ago

Hello. We purchased this house a few years ago and are finally ready to work on the exterior. Since we have some stucco repair to address first, we will be painting the house within the next few weeks.
We need help selecting our color scheme. We want to keep with a traditional craftsman style. It's a stucco house with a faux-brick front (thus the reason the previous owner had it painted). We are planning to add functional shutters on all the windows (husband is custom making those). We were also thinking of adding a different texture & color to the three eves (both sides and small one above the garage). We really like the idea of going with earth-tone colors but want to make sure we compliment the beautiful trees surrounding us. (Note - once we finish with the stucco repairs and painting we will address the landscaping.)

The double front door was bright red and we just painted it Greenblack (SW6994).

One color scheme idea we had was this:

main body - SW6187 Rosemary

accent - SW 7743 Mountain Road (but where?)

trim - white

Do we need a 4th color for the eves or is 3 enough?

We'd love suggestions of a color schema for the house. We'd like to stick with the trim being white. That's about the only thing we know we want for sure - lol. What color for the main walls? What color/texture for the eves? What color should we paint shutters? Should the garage door remain white to match the trim or something different?

We plan to add a fence next year that will be a combination of dark wood with black trim across the top. So we want everything to tie in nicely. I'm including a picture of the fence we will be building. This is the color that the fence will be stained. The upper lattice part of the fence will be the same Greenblack that we painted the front door.

I've also included pictures of the house. You can almost see both neighbors house color in these pictures. One neighboring house is a pale pink/salmon color and the other neighboring house is a brown/tan color.

Thanks so much in advance for your feedback. I look forward to seeing your suggestions.

Comments (16)