SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoyabrad

Hoya multiflora yellowish & wavy looking leaves + general care

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Im new to the hoya world but have already fallen in love with the beautiful plants. I recently bought a hoya multiflora online. It probably spent 5ish days in a dark box while being shipped. Maybe 1-2 days longer than normal because of what's going on in the world right now. Anyway, the plant arrived with only 1 leaf missing and very well packaged in my opinion at the time. Since then iv bought another plant that was packaged way better than the multiflora. The multiflora is in a 3 inch pot consisting of 3 stems sticking out of the dirt. Im assuming the plant is somewhat rooted because it was sold as a rooted plant and when I pull up gently on the stems they stay fairly firm in the soil. Im familiar with rooting cuttings having done it several times before with other plants. 2 of the stems have 2-3 leaves each and are older leaves by the look of them. The 3rd stem has 8 leaves and 2 penduncles and is either the top of the plant or the end of a large branch. The older leaves are dark green with very straight defined edges while the newer leaves are light green and appear to have an yellowish tinge to me. The edges of the new leaves are definitely wavy and not straight like the older leaves. I had planned on repoting this hoya into its permanent pot once receiving it but have decided to wait a little while longer because 1 of the penduncles looks like its starting to bloom. Iv only seen pictures of multiflora blooms so I'm very excited at the possibility of my tiny plant blooming so soon! I don't want to stress it out by switching pots and ruin my chance for flowers. Iv read that this could happen. I have seraral theories as to what might be causing the yellowish wavy leaves. 1. The roots 2. 5 days of darkness during shipping 3. Lack of nutrients 4. Over water although I don't think this is the issue because iv heard this particular hoya like more water than others 5. Maybe I'm just crazy and this is perfectly normal for younger growth on the shooting star hoya. Im hopping for #5 honestly but have no clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Iv also got what I believe is a carnosa clipping which I took from work that is doing fantastic. Its putting on new vines and leaves. Also a weyhetti that iv got questions about also. But im starting with the multiflora since the others seem to be doing good.
I would love to add pictures but im not sure how to do so. Can someone explain how to post pictures

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz