SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oleigh

Exterior help needed / shingles, house, door colours etc

oleigh
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

The time has come to replace our shingles, and along with it the discussion of what to do with the rest of the exterior before we commit to a colour pallet. I have no vision for these things! Right now the exterior is all stucco, with columns on the corners. The green bands you see around the house are metal channels embedded in the stucco.

Easiest (let's face it, cheapest) is to paint the stucco, change the shingles, and doors and be done. No idea what color! Most shingle options are darker than what we have now, ranging from browns through to dark greys. All the rage locally has been to paint some version of gray. I might be over that (but our eaves/soffits are a light grey). But still not sure where I'd want to go. I'm used to quite a light colour so that is my instinct. Do we do the body of the house relatively light, and do darker garage door/front door. Or embrace colour and go darker? Do we do the whole house one colour? Or have the columns different, or different sections of the house different? Do we paint the metal channels white to tie into the windows?

We are open to changing the eavestrough/soffits/fascia colour - currently a light grey, leaning towards taupe.

We are also considering if removing the columns would be an option. This would leave the corners without the metal channels so would require changes to the entire front. Siding/stonework etc. This would be a bigger investment, and would depend on cost.

Help lol!

Comments (14)