SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njbuilding143

Awkward space between two "beds".. Stone, rock, mulch...

4 years ago

I started a post a while ago regarding some plant/tree options.. But now that I have measurements and ideas of where I want to go with it, I am finding there is going to be some awkward space.. Our backyard has a large oval pool towards the rear.. What we are looking to do is add some trees around the perimeter of the yard to add some greenery and once grown, some privacy.. We are also looking to do something around the pool.. We haven't decided yet on rubber mulch or river rock.. I was leaning towards the black rubber mulch with some hostas planted or something similar.. We are looking at emerald green arborvitae for the perimeter.. From what I have read and been told these trees have a radius of 3ft.. This is perfect as my yard as a bump out in the fence line that is about 38 inches.. What I was thinking of doing is using an edging material to stay in line with bump out and then plant the trees in this "planting bed" and use nice black mulch to fill in..

The problem comes in with the area between where the pool surround material would be and the perimeter planting bed would be.. As it stands right now, we have grass.. If we do 2 feet around the pool in mulch and the 3ft of mulch along fence, we would have 2-3 feet space along the back with grass in between, while the side area may only have 15-18 inches of space.. But then the idea of just mulching the whole space seems like it might look awkward, unless im overthinking it.. Any ideas?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional