SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
najla5cents

Help with dining room / children's toy storage

najla5cents
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello- I need some assistance with the layout, wall decoration and toy storage in my dining room. I'm not liking the flow and I feel like my daughter's toys and things have taken over because they're so spread out.

Does the buffet look best where it's at or should I move to the other window & move the Ikea hutch? I am at a loss as to how to decorate the walls where hutch is now as I don't think the white bookcase or my daughter's chair look right there. Everything I put over it feels like it's just floating there. I'm not sure what to put next to the buffet where it is now to balance it out with artwork on either side.

I was thinking if I moved the buffet to the other window then I could put artwork on either side because the wall space is the same size.

Possibly make under the window where the buffet is now the shelves for toy storage? But you see it from the living room so I'm not sure I like that idea either? I still feel like I'm in the same scenario with what do I put on the large wall closest to the kitchen where her table set is now.

I also don't have anywhere else I can fit my dog crate :(

This is what it looks like from the living room now.

This is the view from the kitchen & the other window.

View looking from the dining room into the kitchen.

View from the dining room into living room and walkway that leads to kitchen.

Any suggestions to make it flow a little better and not look so scattered would be appreciated. I'm open to other storage options as well. I just need it to be accessible by a 4 year old.

Thank you!

Najla

Comments (8)