Help me with the final touches

Secluded

Hi designer community,

Please help me find the final touch that I am in most need of today. 2 foot stools!

The foot stools need to look like they are kin to the 50” x 50” teal ottoman. They will be used for the swivel(s) and the sofa where that person can’t reach the big ottoman.

FYI, a fabric color that could easily be introduced on the 2 stools is Chartreuse. I say this bc the built-ins hold 2 chartreuse’ish color vases by John Richards. Plus, I’ve played with color in the room and it works. The deeper tone the better it looks with the white sofas.

My style preference for this room is elegant.

SaveComment637Like5
Comments (637)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cubby14

I love your current art in the room. Is that your own work or can you tell me who the artist is. It would look spectacular in my dining room. I’m sad you’re replacing it and the teal.

Save    
Secluded

Okay Lynartist I’ll take it easy on my abstract...I’m going to tone it up with neutrals and edit the red. All the fabric I choose you like, wow, okay, they’re all available! You don’t sound old! My room furniture was put back the way I had it. The swivels were tiny looking! My DIL would love to have them!

I have a question about the 5 faux leather options, will u to steer me toward the one that would be a neutral. I have a favorite, but you know what your doing.

Save    
lynartist

I rather like this one.

Save    
Secluded

Cubby14, I’m not the original artist, but I’ve thrown my paint brush on it many times over to fit the space. I forget the artist name, I’m sorry.

Save    
lynartist

Yep..

Save    
lynartist

Love this watermelon red fabric!

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Okay. The one u choose won’t box me in like the teal color ottoman does, right?

Save    
lynartist

Love this watermelon red fabric!was that your pick?

Save    
lynartist

I’m guessing this one was, but this looks a bit plasticy to me. I’m not loving how shiny it is.

Save    
Secluded

I love the watermelon too. I was thinking of having 2 lumbar pillows made for the Jessica Charles

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Swivels

Save    
lynartist

The ostrich is a nice texture and a bit exotic. I like the bit deeper camel color.

Save    
Secluded

No, it was my second choice, but I love it bc it brings out the richer tones of the floral print, but I wasn’t sure if I should be doing that. I thought the lizard was safe and I love the texture.

Save    
lynartist

I wish it had a bit more variation to it. It’s a bit fake looking to me.

Save    
Secluded

Oh I didn’t even notice the plastic appearance. Wow, good catch! I’ll order it. I got an estimate of 125.00 to upholster it. The guy has very good reviews

1 Like Save    
Secluded

I meant to say I’ll order the ostrich

Save    
lynartist

It’s your call though as you are seeing these in real time and place! I myself like the deeper gold/ camel color of the ostrich.

Save    
lynartist

Omg! Good price ‼️

Save    
Secluded

Good morning Lynartist, Do you have an opinion of the current paint color SW Shiitake on the built-ins going forward?

What should be done with the color white third case in the built-in?

In the inspiration picture there is a black chest of drawers, so I’m thinking black somewhere. FYI, I am definitely having an ottoman frame built just like the ottoman in the inspiration picture. Did you read recently the new black is navy blue for 2021...hmmmm?

I’m sending pics with only morning sun light to give you a color perspective. It may help you.

Save    
Secluded

Lynartist, you may want to know the trim is SW Snowbound and walls Egret White. Thank you for your guidance, you truly r making the world a beautiful place with your soul and your talent! Thank you a thousand times!

1 Like Save    
lynartist

Aren’t you sweet! Thank you Secluded ♥️

Save    
lynartist

I just returned from a root canal😩

Save    
Molly

Oh Lyn, hope you feel better soon❣️

1 Like Save    
lynartist

I’m good Molly! My wallet hurts though!

1 Like Save    
lynartist

Secluded, your painting is fine!

1 Like Save    
lynartist

I hope this visual helps

Save    
lynartist

This corner needs something!

Save    
lynartist

This? It’s a very typical style.

Save    
Secluded

Oh-my-goodness that’s a rough procedure! Just rest!
The ottoman I’m speaking of is this.
Molly, pls weigh in...I’m not excluding you!
I like the simple art work in the built in case. I’ll do that. Thank you for the visuals. Helpful!

1 Like Save    
lynartist

I know! We’re did everyone go😩

Save    
lynartist

Oh good, I wasn’t too keen on the others😏

Save    
lynartist

We’re you planning on doing those cute footstools in the green lattice fabric?

Save    
Molly

I like the ostrich for the big ottoman if you are replacing it, but isn’t the teal brand new and real leather? Is the floral going on the small ottoman?

1 Like Save    
lynartist

I think the green lattice is gorgeous and it’s a woven fabric I believe which will have a higher rub count! It will be more durable!! It also is a natural for the Ming style look of these stools!

Save    
Molly

I like the green lattice on the smaller ottomans too. They look more up to date in that fabric. 🙂

2 Likes Save    
lynartist

Do we know who makes these delightful ottomans?

Save    
bonvoyage

Lynartist LOVE your ideas. The green on the ottomans would look nice, does match the style of the base. And the photos on the left wall, good call.

2 Likes Save    
lynartist

Thank you bonvoyage; Secluded does very well herself though and has wonderful taste. We just go along for the ride;)!

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Hi Everyone, I’m at the ranch today visiting my babies. I’ll get back to you tomorrow.

5 Likes Save    
bonvoyage

What a beautiful day outside! Yummy cheese for you! I have not been anywhere.........all plans cancelled. Although my beach finally opened, but no sitting, moving only.
Wondering about the new color of the ostrich ottoman, now it blends in with the area rug. The area will be a little monochromatic, peaceful and calm, is that the look you are going for?

Save    
Secluded

Hi all. Hi Molly, in short, right now i’m taking everything into account in regards to changing the teal ottoman to a neutral. The teal ottoman is faux leather (vinyl).

3 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

haven't read the entire post..but WOW this is a beautiful room with lots of life and excitement...I wouldn't change a thing but add to what you have!

Save    
Secluded

I do know a very talented fella in my area that will make me an ottoman frame.

Okay, green fabric on ottoman: Done. 👍🏻

1. Watermelon fabric lumbars on 2 swivels???
  2. Four floral fabric pillows on sofas???
    Love the two black frame art in built ins: Done. 👍🏻
    Thank you very much!!!
1 Like Save    
Vicki B

Secluded, what a beautiful room! I’m (obviously!) very late to this party and I am NOT an expert, but it seems odd to me to have the lovely, square ottoman pulled toward the “L“ of the two sofas, rather than centered in front of one or the other. Has anyone suggested or have you considered having the sofas face one another with the ottoman centered between them, moving the two swivel chairs to face the fireplace/TV? Your elegant sofa table could sit behind whichever sofa had appropriate space for it, and the end tables and lamps could sit at the dining end of each sofa with a small, round table or table lamp between the swivel chairs.

I haven’t taken time to read all of the 130 comments, so forgive me if you’ve already heard that and moved on. :)

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

dont change anything secluded it is beautiful! just need to add to what you have..I would not reupholster that beautiful ottoman!

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Would not add that darker green trellis.....I love the idea of the chartreuse! Lighter not so heavy...let the other fabrics compliment but not compete with your art..it is so fabulous...

Save    
lynartist

We have already tried to talk her out of it. Secluded has lived with the teal ottoman for awhile now and for some reason has decided she doesn’t like it😢. In the end it’s always her call.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Oh darn it looks so beautiful...a big gold tray on it would really be beautiful add a gorgeous neutral sheep pelt on it to calm it....instead of reupholstering if that is a must..I would just change out the ottoman entirely...new big round coffee table...oh well!😞

1 Like Save    
lynartist

There was a tray on it😉

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Hmm didn’t see that In The pictures posted...

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

It all looks new?

honestly it would be gorgeous all neutral except the wall art...I wouldn’t add anymore colors or prints into the mix..reupholster the ottoman in white leather..reupholster the accent chair in a linen in the similar color of the jute rug....call it a day! GORGEOUS

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Hi all. VickiB, I tried the furniture arrangement you suggested last week, but changed it back. (See pic below) The 2 swivel chairs get lost in between the sofas bc they’re smallish and I didn’t like the end tables situated in that new direction, other than that it worked. As far as the ottoman sitting in the L of the sofas must have been there bc my husband and I were sitting on opposite sofas watching TV.

Interiors, thank you for your suggestions. Regarding the neutrals you suggested is not off the table, I’m working through all the variables of changing pallets. Lynartist has worked parallel palettes. One “neutral” and the other “colorful”. I have one picture of a neutral memo I pulled a few days ago I never posted, but here it is below. Next Tuesday, I’ll pull dark gray fabrics and post them.

2 Likes Save    
Vicki B

I was loving the color touches I saw earlier with the watermelon color, etc., but then I love color! Whatever you decide will be beautiful for your home. Blessings to you! :)

1 Like Save    
lynartist

It’s hard when you love so many different things😉

1 Like Save    
Molly

Secluded it seems to me that you love color and would be bored with an all neutral palette. I may be completely wrong though. 😂

3 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded Oh I am so happy you might consider going neutral! Your room is so elegant and your art is fabulous sometimes you just have to let the art and accessories shine! Your fabric choices with the animal print are spot on..that animal print on the small accent chair would look amazing.

Save    
lynartist

Doesn’t the accent chair match the chairs you have in the other room? Or do you have two of those?

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

I have to say the sofas facing each other is what I have and love...the end tables should be on the fireplace end of the sofas..chairs should be straightened out not angled and a small round table between them...just another suggestion to maybe try..

2 Likes Save    
Secluded

Lynartist, yes the accent chair has a twin in the dining room. My little adopted cat loves sitting in that chair when it’s in the living area so I haven’t the heart to move it. Poor lil’cat isn’t allowed on any other furniture in the house. Wait, she sleeps with us...on top of the bed.
I’m getting stools, so I’ll let her on those and return that chair to the dining room. I need to put finishing touches to that room next. Don’t leave me! 😍

2 Likes Save    
Secluded

Home interiors, okay, end tables with lamps nearest for, etc. hmmm, I’ll certainly think about it. I’m sure your furniture is fabulous!

Save    
lynartist

Not sure if Ted made you do that last year😂

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

I think it would look very balanced...than could add small footstools or small ottomans in front of each chair.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

We have two charcoal velvet recliners from ZGallerie so we didn’t need ottomans...my room is much more casual but comfortable..it is our TV room...

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

2 Likes Save    
Secluded

Aww, your room is lovely. I truly like how your charcoal chairs grounds that area and balanced with the charcoal (they appear charcoal) back wall of your built-ins.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

yep chairs are a dark gray..built ins are black .....same on my coffered ceiling in DR and Entry..

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

My entire home is all shades of gray, neutrals and touches of black

Saddlebrook · More Info

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Gorgeous! Is your foyer ceiling a fauxed blue metallic with glaze. It’s so coool!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

It is black but in satin finish..just simple but when the light reflects it is just beautiful..we love it...we have a little bit of black in just about every room...

Save    
Secluded

https://www.chairish.com/product/2310632/ficks-reed-rattan-ottomans-a-pair. Found these ottoman frames on Cherish.com. I could paint them black and have cushions made. They’re interestingly shaped and unique.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

What is the size of them?

1 Like Save    
everdebz

Are the footstools as nice as your current ones?

Save    
everdebz

I notice HIWE's place has sparkling metal chandelier, mirror, etc.... what does that mean for your place?

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded could you paint the ottomans black and recover the cushions...does the size work? Are you thinking of going with all neutrals and adding black accents?

Save    
Secluded

Hi, yes, I’ll do that with the the stool frame, if I win the bid. I’m currently pulling fabrics, so you’ll hear from me ASAP. Everdebz, she was sweet enough to show me her beautiful personal home that has varied shades of gray which is something I was considering.

Save    
lynartist

Hmm, is that the look you were wanting Secluded?

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Hi Lynartist, how’s your mouth feeling?

The frame is interesting in black.

I like this recliner, but in a coordinating fabric. I could buy 2, face them toward the Tv and move the sofas facing each other. Did you read that I didn’t like the swivels facing the Tv bc the swivels looked puny?

Save    
lynartist

Yes, I saw that.

Save    
lynartist

I think those ottomans are a bit to casual for your upscale taste. There is bamboo...

Save    
lynartist

And then there is

Save    
Secluded

I saw those bamboo! 1200.00’ish. Yikes!

Save    
lynartist

While a monochromatic room is beautiful( your foyer is and it’s lovely) you have a real love of color. If you decide on recliners are they something you will use? If so what color and what material?

Save    
Secluded

Yes, we’ll use them. A lot! Funny u should ask about that now, I’m researching the Handcock fabric collection from all the subsidies they own.

Save    
lynartist

I have a Pearson recliner. I use it all the time; had it recovered last year! 😂 it took two big guys to move it. My upholsterer said that thing would never wear out!

1 Like Save    
lynartist

I’m not suggesting you buy any of those ottomans. I’m just comparing the formality of those to the ones you saw.

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Pearson fabrics seem to have a nice selection

Save    
Secluded

I’m sorry I didn’t answer your questions. Neutral color that has dimension in a durable fabric.

Save    
lynartist

They have always had the most beautiful fabrics! I used to sell Pearson when I was in business. It was a private co then and has since been sold . Hancock& Moore makes a wonderful chair too though as well as Hickory Chair.

Save    
Secluded

That’s so cool you sold their merchandise. We r so lucky, no blessed...to have you guide us through this design process. The back of the recliner is important since it’s facing the kitchen. Do u think there’s a possibility trim tape on the bottom?

Save    
Secluded

Sorry for typos, I’m tired. I must hit the sack, I’ve got to get up early for a calligraphy deadline. This has been fun Lynartist.

1 Like Save    
lynartist

With HC and Pearson that would be no problem. I’m thinking H&M would be the same also. Do you have a designer or contact at the design center that you can order through? Do they have any floor models? I would want to sit in the model before I decide.

Save    
lynartist

H&M will have a better selection of reclining chairs.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Recliners are a perfect solution than no need for ottomans...I would cover them in a herringbone tweed in a rich variation of neutrals or leather you cant go wrong with leather..

look at the Lux recliner it has gorgeous lines! Would be beautiful in your room.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Here is a image..of course you can create your own selection...but an embossed leather back would be gorgeous looking into the room..in a neutral color...the leather selection is amazing.

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Good morning, I do have a designer I can order from and we sat in a H & M recliner, but not the Marcus recliner. Okay, I’ll not get the Cherish stool frames....I liked the price for 2.

I saw the Luxe and love the nail head placement, but it was 41H and I picture in my head as being too short like my swivels. Thoughts about that height. (My sofas are 41H) The Marcus is 45H. I brought home fabric last Saturday from another recliner company I was considering. See below. I need and want to have fabric chairs bc our cat sits on our lap and I don’t want her around leather, otherwise you’re right. I thought I’d never be that person that would sacrifice a beautiful real leather chair for a cat! Embarrassing! We sit in leather recliners in our TV room and the arms have a couple of nick’s in them, makes me sick!

1 Like Save    
Molly

What color is your cat?

Save    
Secluded

Hi Molly, Gray and black named Gracie, why do u ask? We another cat who’s black, named Fire Cracker. (My husband says he looks like the black cat on the package of the brand Black Cat fire cracker’s.)

1 Like Save    
Molly

I was just looking at your fabric choices and wondering if the fur would show up more on one of the choices. Gracie looks very comfortable. 🙂. I like the middle and right fabrics personally.

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded my recliners are the same height as my sofas we look straight in from kitchen so didn’t want them higher..both at 41” we had swivel rockers before getting our recliners too! We love the recliners and they are so pretty everyone thinks they are just chairs...We have a plug next to them on the floor so we have power recliners with USB ports on them..love that feature..anyway...I would look at the taller recliners that don’t have that extra back cushion it will look less like a recliner..that double back cushion is a dead giveaway..just something to think about.

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Hi HIWE, Thank you for your suggestions. TBC, the polka dot goes on the sofa lumbars. The birds are sofa pillows: 2 pillows/sofa. You believe the 40”H Luxe is a fit for the space rather than the 45”Marcus, correct? Last, the two sofa fabrics are workable options I could choose from. Am I interpreting correctly?

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Hi Secluded..check out the Greyson and Snead recliners they have taller backs...great design no double back cushion! Snead is very similar to the Lux...

ok so that bird fabric is so fabulous! it is Chenonceau from Schumacher one of my all time favs...it is a dark charcoal and the doted schumacker is perfect for a lumbar...beautiful with adding piping but not fringe....yes the fabrics I posted that were on your thread are beautiful option for the recliners....need to bring some home and see how they mix with your sofas....

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

This is another Schumacher fabric that I love..has your chartreuse in it...

Save    
Secluded

Hi Molly, the cats aren’t allowed on the furniture, EXCEPT for 1 chair in the living area, our laps when we sit in the TV room and our bed, so, the fur won’t b a problem, but good “cat”ch. Thank you for your opinion on the fabric, means a lot to me!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded I noticed your lighting gives off a lot of yellow...you need to switch over to ”daylight” bulbs..I would do it before you pick all your fabrics..lighting makes such a big difference...I have changed out all my lighting to GE “daylight” could not believe how much of an affect it has on furniture and art...

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

This chart helps convert over....

1 Like Save    
Molly

I saw this fabric on IG today and loved it for my LR. Not sure if the colors would work for you.

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Hi, That’s pretty Molly, I hope you can use that fabric, too bad I can’t use it. Tuesday, I bought the Hancock and Moore Greyson recliner. I ordered 2 and of course plan to face them toward the TV. The design center just so happened had the Greyson on the display floor and, low and behold, in a leather color that is a deeper color taupe than the sofas. After listening to the pros and cons of why I should buy leather vs fabric, I choose leather in the color u see in the photo which is call Dream Taupe. That’s me on their Greyson with my fabrics at the foot.

I’m going to feel my way forward once I get the chairs in 8 weeks. Isn’t that what you would do?

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Greyson recliner

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Love love love it! That leather is stunning.....you look so pretty! The fabrics mix so well together...I found a couple coffee tables if you will be changing out the ottoman..thought I would share..have always loved the black square Johnathon Adler...simple and classic...

This is a pretty design too..love the brass details

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Don’t you just love the arm detail on that recliner ! So jealous

1 Like Save    
Molly

Perfect and you look great too. 😉

1 Like Save    
lynartist

Pit look great on you Secluded ♥️

Save    
lynartist

“It” looks great on you😂‼️

1 Like Save    
lynartist

I’m so glad they had it on the floor. It’s so important you know yup will love the comfort of your new recliner. The color is right in your comfort zone!

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Amazing they had it on the floor and it was a Greyson of which HIWE suggested. HIWE, I will recover the ottoman, not replace...lol, don’t show Jonathan Alder to me, he’s too fabulous! What I’ll do is recover it and buy a huge clear glass tray to distract away from the fabrics.

1 Like Save    
lynartist

Great your keeping the ottoman, now everybody can put their feet up! You may want to reconsider your color choice on that though now that you have the recliners!

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded sounds like a great idea....I would do something in a deeper color but still in your neutral family..still love a herringbone or tweed of some kind..maybe even a performance velvet! Oh that would be beautiful....

yes that Johnston Adler cocktail table is on my bucket list!!🤣 silly but I love design and furniture...

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded does anyone really use the big coffee table ottoman to put their feet up? Curious......we had one and never put our feet up because it had to be at least 18” away from front of sofa so not very comfortable ...and of course I always wanted it to look pretty so had a tray and accessories on it....we really missed a hard surface for beverages and appetizers and maybe a card game once and awhile so switch it to a oversized wood coffee table.

Save    
Secluded

Good morning, I see your name is Julie on my screen. May I call you Julie, it’s shorter than your handle?

Yes, our sons and relatives put their feet up on the ottoman, but when company is here I place a 28” square tray on it for hors d’oeuvres, napkins, cocktail plates and drinks. Our sons role it closer to use.

I choose the faux leather for easy cleaning, but no one has ever dropped food on it bc they use the little cocktail plates. I could switch from faux leather to fabric as u suggested.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded of course just call me Julie😊

I think a performance fabric would be great on the ottoman now that you will have your gorgeous leather recliners

Save    
bonvoyage

I LOVE those recliners! What a great choice. Didn’t realize at the start of all this you were looking to replace the swivel chairs. I have leather sofa and two leather chairs, so, so soft and comfortable. I know the teal ottoman is stark contrast, but if YOU like the color, I think you should keep it is. It is lovely, fun and interesting to get all this input and have so many choices. It is a great pop of color and adds a personal touch, as opposed to what everyone is doing. Maybe a teal and cream throw along with pillows that coordinate? Having said that, a new fabric would be nice too! Can’t wait for your furniture to arrive. I’m awaiting the arrival of a new sofa, and it is hard to wait six weeks!

Save    
Secluded

Aww, thank you Bonvoyage. The recliners are super supportive and comfortable! I didn’t set out to replace the swivels, but I remain open to changing things up in regards to my design dilemma. It was Julie that suggested I try rearranging furniture, consider Greyson style....aaaaannnnndddd I bought 2 recliners...it’s a long story, but in the end my husband and I LOVE the recliners that will be facing the TV once they arrive.

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Bonvoyage I didn’t address the ottoman issue. Lynartist will know where to take me in regards to the ottoman....as the other pros, but Lynartist has been my design angel and she gets my taste.

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Hi Lynartist and Design Friends, Update. I have a big new painting and 2 new recliners that has been added to the living area. Recliners are not shown, but the leather memo is.

Is it possible u could choose a color from a paint strip for the ottoman fabric. With that color I’ll look for fabric. If there’s another color I need to look at, just let me know.

I’m also showing you red pillows I have....Just an option I thought u may want to know about.

Also, here is the new fabric memos that I ordered I wanted u to see.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

With your new art I would go into truer blues rather than greens with the taupe leather..not crazy about greens and reds with taupe😐

Save    
Secluded

Like this Julie

Save    
kjoy1

I really think your layout would look better with your sofas across from each other with chairs at the top facing tv/fireplace.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Deeper blues with your chartreuse.

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Also more subtle with accents black..this is a one of my favorite color idea boards. Let the art stand on its own instead of matching it. Just enhance it.

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Julie, I should have mentioned that the art can be reimaged to show less blue. That said, the recliners have a green undertone and that was driving me to choose 2 neutral colors deeper than the recliner color. Here’s the recliner with me sitting in at the showroom. Next is the paint strip sitting on top of it.
Hi kjoy, you’re right, that’s what I’m doing! The recliners will face the TV once they’re delivered end of July....the sofas will face each other.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Hmm I am not seeing any green in your taupe leather..maybe grey

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

I see absolutely no green in this image..I kinda look at design like I look at my clothing..would you wear those greens from your post.... if you had taupe on or would you add blacks with an accent of a bold blue or deep pink....

Save    
Secluded

Wellll, better check me then.....I bet u have a Sherwin Wm paint deck. If u turn to SW6151 Quiver Tan you’ll know exactly what I’m seeing.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Look on your SW fan for Taupe Tone SW 7633 just curious

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Yep I have both SW and BM....

Save    
Secluded

Here you go!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Wow the chairs are much darker than I thought..that is the same leather that was on the chair you sat in? The Quiver Tan still is a bit more mucky with ting of green the leather is leaning more brown for sure...this lighting is so different than the post with you holding it with brighter light..so crazy how different it looks...well with any taupe I would still mix it with blues more than muted greens...and the introduction of black here and there would really pop any colors you add to the room...If you add green do a more vibrant chartreuse not a lime green...just my take...I am sure you will make it beautiful.

Save    
Secluded

Right...crazy....My eyes popped when I received the memo fm H&M....sooooo dark! Thank you for your advice. Means a lot.

Save    
lynartist

Yikes, I just got back from the dentist and missed all this. On my screen I see green, a brown/ olive green. Now I know your not really a blue girl so....

1 Like Save    
lynartist

That sample doesn’t look like the one in the showroom however! Unfortunately the lighting in showrooms can be very deceiving! I’m surprised it took this long for you to get a memo of the leather! Do you know if the chairs have gone into production yet?

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Here it is Dream Taupe..I just don’t see green?

1 Like Save    
lynartist

I just looked at my SW fan deck; QT is definitely an olive green. I can’t say I dislike it though but that isn’t what I was expecting 😳

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded thought you liked blues and chartreuse? Sorry if I insulted you with pushing a true deep blue more ocean blues....

Save    
lynartist

I don’t see green in your sample either Julie! Could they have mislabeled that sample?

Save    
lynartist

I love your painting! Were is the old one? Maybe you do like blue????

Save    
lynartist

The fabrics you liked looked very nice with the other art. If you decide to keep this piece here I think you need to go in a different direction.

Save    
lynartist

Here are the two “ different “ swatches with the new art. It is a puzzling thing! If you are able to change the leather to a lighter taupe color then I think blues as Julie suggests would look lovely. As you can see here the softer taupe picks up on the grayer, bluer and pinker tones in the art. The khaki is a bolder , warmer look and picks up on the orange, greens and reds.

Save    
dsimber

Hi Secluded. I’ve been following but not sure I have commented until now. Speaking to the question posed by @lynartist about possible error with sample ... Based on recent experience, I suggest you double check your sample color.I received a labeled sample that was very different from what I expected. When the item arrived, it was the color I had first seen and was not even close to the sample. Correct color was burnt orange; sample was gold. In my case, that worked in my favor. If I can find that photo, I’ll add it here so you can see that there was a huge difference. Sample had clearly been mislabeled.

ETA--Found the photo:

Hope this helps you.

1 Like Save    
Molly

Hmm, that leather color threw me for a loop! I’d check and see if the sample is really the color you ordered. Did you paint your new art?

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Good morning everyone. Lynartist, how r u feeling after the dentist appointment? I know they poked and prodded...ouch!
Julie, no you didn’t say anything to me about blue that hurt my feelings, you’re so sweet to inquire!
Molly, I painted the art. I’m not done with it, it’s going to take 30 days to really see what needs highlights and lowlights.
Lynartist, I like blue okay, I can’t live with teal. While painting the abstract i had to use blue to wake up other colors. I can always edit the blue.
I agree that the beautiful fabric I pulled last month won’t work, but I saw a fabric I want to show you. I called the designer to request she inspect the recliners color and texture before delivery. Thank you for the heads up on that front everyone!
Last, what happened to the other painting you ask, I painted over it. The original artist graduated from college so I finished that other painting, but I never really liked the balance of colors.
I think I’ve answered all the questions, let me know if I haven’t.
Julie suggested blue for the ottoman. Here’s what it looks like. Yep, painted over that too. Since the ottoman is vinyl, Pratt and Lambert satin paint was used bc of its viscosity level which btw is just as strong as vinyl siding paint from other companies. Julie, don’t scream....I was a a professional specialty painter for years and I know what I’m doing. Not sure u ever knew that, I just don’t want you to worry that some Suzy Homemaker is throwing paint around the house. I was the lady to call to straighten out Suzy Homemakers mess! Of course, I must say Interior Designers told me what was in their heads to straighten out a mess. I can’t work without you guys! Blessed!

4 Likes Save    
lynartist

That works for me👍🏻😂

1 Like Save    
lynartist

Great job on the art!

1 Like Save    
lynartist

I guess we don’t have to worry so much about the color of the chairs now! Since you are such a fabulous artist ( you have been holding out on us!) you can just add to the art of need be! I hope you have a gallery repping you‼️

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Well you are amazing! So talented!! The art is beautiful I love the colors....I actually had a clients leather ottoman painted..it was lime green😬we did it black really pretty incredible how beautiful it looked! It was Uncle Kracker the singer-songwriters home in Michigan...fun project..he wanted it a bit Rock & Roll! I love that rich ocean blue on the ottoman how many coats did you need to use? What is the color name? That blue should look beautiful with chartreuse.

3 Likes Save    
lynartist

Interestingly I have painted real leather successfully. Acrylic paint works very well and is very tough and flexible. Oil paint does not work however as it has a reaction with the leather!

1 Like Save    
niccidhg

Beautiful, Secluded.

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Lynartist, You’re funny, I never thought of a gallery representing me. I’m right and left brain equal and I’ve tested out to be a Structural Engineer long ago. I wish I knew about Interior Design School back in the day. I could have been trainable. Below, is a still life I did long ago and I have been trying to find a spot for it. I’m going to dance with it again now that I have a new painting, maybe I’ll find a spot for it. The bowl of fruit in my kitchen was one of my inspirations. During our shelter in place I learned how to abstract paint with a pallet knife by watching YouTubers. I can check this off from my bucket list.

Julie, I love the grays you’re showing me, but my sofa and two recliners appear muddy when introducing grey on top. The charcoal to deep charcoal might work.

My design dilemma is looking for 2 pillows for each sofa that coordinate with the existing pillows and 1 lumbar pillow per recliner.

Lynartist, r u still recommending the black framed abstract art for the 3rd bookshelf area?

Julie, that’s so cool u worked for Uncle Cracker in Michigan! Do u have a funny story you can share about him? I like his music. Michigan is beautiful. When I lived in Illinois we would drive over to Iron Mt to ski....long ago. Do u miss it? You are so talented.

The paint color is Rock Creek 315F by P&L. 2/3 paint to 1/3 blending gel (I recommend Liquidex bc doesn’t change the color of paint over time). Rock Creek is creamy looking painted out.

3 Likes Save    
lynartist

That is wonderful! Aren’t you talented ‼️ I can hear some lurkers screaming that you painted over that other piece of art though😱! Yikes! It really was quite lovely and I think you should have kept it or at least tried to sell it!! Sigh....

1 Like Save    
lynartist

Anyway , the still life is wonderful. I can see your right brain working in the looseness of the background and the fruit, and you left brain working in the rendering of the cloth and lace! Really a beautiful effort indeed!

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

I miss Michigan so very much..hope to move back next year..because of the Covid virus we had to postpone moving was hoping I would of been back there by now!! Uncle Kracker was such a nice guy..loved working with him on his home and lake house just before we moved to Texas...His one story he told me was when he toured with Kenny Chesney when the tour needed they buy a gift for eachother...he saw this funny colorful drink table that was a big patriot and thought it would be perfect! But just before they exchanged gifts Kennys gift to Uncle Kracker arrived First..it was a gorgeous collectors fancy car sitting in his driveway!..he panicked and ran out and bought him a Rolex watch and Kenny never saw the parrot drink table...too funny the patriot now sits on top of his TV bookcases in his old home that Sold soon after I moved....here it is you can see it on top of the cabinet🤣

Shafer residence · More Info

1 Like Save    
lynartist

I quite like the ottoman color now. Teal is not my favorite color and it seams to be everywhere!!! This does look more grown up and elegant.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

So much better than these dull greens! I am happy now!

1 Like Save    
lynartist

Beautiful room Julie! Funny story 😂

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded that piece of art you did of the copper tea pot is gorgeous you are so dang talented and you are self taught! When you got it you got it!! You are a natural😊👩‍🎨

Save    
lynartist

Except we don’t know if the recliners will be that color????

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Lynartist..I agree about the teal...kinda tired of seeing it everywhere!

I am hoping the recliners are not that dark..but lighting is everything!

Save    
lynartist

Oh, and yes Secluded, I would still like to see art similar to what I posted for the bookshelf area. Get painting!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

2 Likes Save    
Secluded

Julie, Hilarious story and what a beautiful job you did in his house. You’re so talented! I’m sorry u miss Michigan. I understand. When will you list your house? I bet u left your family, colleagues and clients behind. And, friends! I don’t know if you have kids up there, but that’s a killer if you do. You’re probably too young for grown kids! I miss Dallas Tx, our family is up there.
Lynartist, it Never crossed my mind to sell the other painting...dang! With all the teal going on in decor I might have sold it, dang again, I don’t like leaving money on the table. No, I’m not trained in art, just classes here and there. Before I declared my Business Administration major I took art classes and the gross guys had long stringy hair the girls looked like Gypsies, they took drugs to help themselves get deeper in their minds so they’d paint and draw better. That wasn’t for me at all. I was the girl in class who wore Izod shirts, makeup and actually studied angles of light, darkness and how that an image, not take a drug to do it. Most importantly lol...the guys in the business school were much more my type! That’s where I found my husband! He retired from corporate when he was 55 and became a gentleman rancher. He has has all sorts of big toys now! Oh, I forgot, his ranch struck oil for 2 minutes! That was fun while it lasted!

4 Likes Save    
lynartist

So funny! I was in art school in the early 70’s if you can conjure up that image! I know of what you speak!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Oh secluded my kids are all grown and married! 32 and 35 I will be 61 in a couple weeks. Nice that you thought I was a young lady but no a older lady🤣 I love your art story well you did it the right way! My daughter unfortunately lives in Seattle....what a mess that is right now...My son is here in Texas closer to Dallas we are near Fort Worth.

Save    
lynartist

Please don’t let that leather problem linger. If you can get a satisfactory answer on that before those go into production you may be able to change the color. I always take the sample outside the showroom as the lighting is not representative of what would be in a normal home setting! They like to ramp it up so everything sparkles and shines!

Save    
Secluded

Oh wow, I like the pillow. Sofas or recliners? I can’t put my thumb on it, but I want something rouge. Lynartist showed me a leopard print that struck my fancy. I’m not saying a leopard print is it, but she struck something in me that I liked, I believe it must be the unexpected.

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

leopard or any animal print would go with a toile fabric it is a beautiful mix. Schumacher has a beautiful palm print in a chartreuse and black

1 Like Save    
lynartist

If all of these are supposed to be the same there is a big problem with my screen! I know for certain I am Not color blind! I would go back down to the design center with your fabric samples and paint chips, take the leather samples into the daylight and pick the one you like best.

1 Like Save    
lynartist

I consider an animal print fabric a neutral that can pair well with so many other prints!

Save    
lynartist

I think we are cross posting 😂

Save    
Secluded

Lynartist, oh boy, you think the color might be too dark? On the other hand, the recliner was near a window and the color was on point with my sofa at the time. They’re not in production, they’ve been shipped. I’ll drive up there myself to check them out. Julie, I can’t believe you’re near Ft. Worth😃. Julie that recliner is NFM! Are u familiar with their Design Center? I bet u r. Well, if you look back at me sitting on the H&M, it’s near a window. Is it your experience that their lighting is true?

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Jusr read what you wrote. Responding now

Save    
Secluded

Okay, I’ll take all these pictures and fabrics up there. I’m going to send all this to Coleen the designer....right now!

1 Like Save    
lynartist

Well, if they have shipped I guess you will know shortly! They got on it fairly quickly! I’m hoping this was just a mislabeled sample and all will be fine. Like I said before; I don’t mind the sample color you have in hand ; it was just so different from your showroom photo.

Save    
lynartist

Secluded, the showrooms at Highpoint May be completely different. I couldn’t venture to guess what this one is like. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed . I know either way they will be beautiful and can work!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Oh yes love NFM...it has been awhile.. well the windows can make things appear much lighter..do you have daylight bulbs in your light fixtures?
I was semiretired than Covid hit and I am pretty much retired now and help a young couple from MI remotely and friends here in my neighborhood.. and a couple on Houzz..it has been nice with my husband working from home we have lots of time together after so many years of him traveling.

Save    
Secluded

Julie, What r the lumens for a daylight bulb and i can tell you what I have. I do have tons of natural daylight. Your kids are lucky to have u design for them. Your poor daughter living in Seattle, crazy there. I (we) lived there from ‘95 to ‘01 it’s beautiful, shame it’s getting messed up. Tourist will be turned off. Nice u have your son nearby. I’ll be 61 in September, boys 30 and 34!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

girl we are the same age...well dang I am older😁..all my lamps have 1600 lumens and my ceiling pot lights are 650 each..all "daylight" GE LED.
my son is the oldest...my daughter just got married last September! thank goodness we didnt have to deal with Covid🙏

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

it was so much fun..they lived in Denver before moving to Seattle in October.

3 Likes Save    
Secluded

Sooooo pretty. What a beautiful bride and handsome groom. I’m glad they got married last October, aren’t you? She’s super cute, love the ball gown! Where’s you? Here is my crew. Our two sons and my blond DIL’s. The blond hair Is found on the ground days after they leave the house. I’m not use to that! Bet you are😁
Well I’m going off grid aka going to drive to the ranch now, but tomorrow we’re driving to NFM to check the recliner’s. I’ll bring everything with me, fabrics, leather sample etc.. I’ll let u know what I see in the crate!

3 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded such handsome boys! Oh yes blonde hairs!!

here I am...with Hubby and my son..he has the beard thing going too! Going to brag a bit Her dress!! And the hall was just breathtaking...

3 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Is the ranch in Fort Worth?

Save    
lynartist

I’m a bit older than you ladies😉

Save    
Secluded

Awwww you’re so pretty too! Here’s our sons wedding day photo. It was taken last June in Kauai.

No, the ranch is in Leon County between Houston and Dallas. 4 miles west of I-45. Do u know where Buckees is in Madisonville? Our ranch is 15 miles north of it.

3 Likes Save    
Secluded

Stupid look on my face! But.......the bride and her mom take center stage

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

You look FABULOUS! your dress is so fitting for you..classic...
I wasn't sure if I could dance or wear high heels for the wedding. I broke my foot in April of last year and it wouldn't heal so had to have surgery a screw was needed..couldn't go shopping or try on dresses until close to the wedding date..it was lack luster I am afraid to say🙁

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

is that your handsome rancher?🤗🥰

Save    
lynartist

I think you both look great!

1 Like Save    
Molly

I love to see personal pictures, you both have beautiful families. 🥰

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Thanks Molly! great memories for us to have.

Save    
Molly

Julie your daughter is your twin! Somehow I never noticed that before. 😳

Save    
shwshw

I love all the wedding pics. Everyone looks so pretty. Secluded I am so impressed with your paintings.

Save    
Secluded

Molly, you always put a smile on my face. I’m so glad you’re staying with this dilemma, I like when you weigh in. Julie is twins with her daughter. Pretty! Julie, yes that’s my husband! He’s been great sheltering in place with! Tons of card playing! Oh, what a mess your foot was all during the wedding prep!? No, you were far from lack luster! Btw, you made a spectacular wedding venue! What a special day, huh?! I relive our son’s wedding day bc the brides and their moms worked so hard to make a dramatic and eye popping reception. Unbelievable, what you all do for your daughters!
Here are the Greyson chairs, we love love love them. Thank you Julie for choosing those and the new layout. I appreciate your help and of course Lynartist’s.
The ottoman color is out. Suggestions anyone? If you pick a paint color for me to try, I’ll paint again. Once the final color has been selected, I’ll buy the fabric in the same color.

This next sentence isn’t a quote....but, Julie mentioned to think of decorating a space as if putting an outfit on. Okay, I did that exercise and here’s what I’d wear: My pants, shirt and trench coat would be white monochromatic, my shoes are “the pop” which would be my wall art in a 2 1/2” heel, the handbag is large and classically shaped leather in butterscotch... same as the lowlights in my hair, the wrist jewelry is gold diamond Rolex accompanied by a chunky gold bracelet and 3 diamond tennis bracelets. No earrings, no necklace bc my wrist is enough bling. Id wear a big fat diamond wedding ring. Julie, what does your exercise reveal? Monochromatic ottoman, right? Thank you again!

Save    
lynartist

WT‼️ Those chairs don’t look like that leather sample😂‼️

Save    
lynartist

The are taupe on my screen with a slight green cast. That could be lighting of course. I thought you went to the ranch Secluded??? Call me confused 😳

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Oh my you are so sweet! Thanks for the kind words.....You sound like my husband and I....we have been together for 38 years..we love being together..we play cards all the time he loves cribbage I love a Game called golf..so we switch back and forth and of course always keep score!

love that you talked out what you would wear..it really helps my clients...sometime simple classic style is best..color can come and go but our basic pieces are forever....why not a Carmel leather or a gorgeous tweed in wool for the ottoman...by the way those recliners are beautiful!!!😍You did the double back cushion instead of single but I won’t be mad..😉😂😂😂..the color really is perfect..that sample really had me worried..was it the right one? What do you think of a couple of leopard pillows and one deep blue velvet lumbar a shade darker than the ottoman color now in the middle of the sofa. Add a big black lacquer tray on the ottoman with gold accents...

Save    
lynartist

Are you planning on repainting? I’m not sure but if you have it reupholstered I would probably go for a darker navy blue with that shade of taupe. Unless you decide to do fabric of course; then you will have more options color wise. The taupe does look good with orange but not so good with camel. The chairs go a bit gray. I did try it with a very dark oxblood and the chairs look beautiful with that color but the rest of your room does not!

Save    
lynartist

I think the cayenne works quite nicely with that taupe but I’m not sure you want to go that bold. The navy works well IMO.

Save    
lynartist

I suppose you could paint that ottoman again just to make sure you love whatever color you intend to reupholster it in and live with it for awhile just to be sure😉

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Good morning, Getting ready to go get my hair cut.....talk soon. Cribbage and Golf? Ohhh, our next game to learn on YouTube..... We play Spite and Malice....yep, keeping score over here. My husband is my hero, yesterday he drove the cattle trailer to NFM to pick up the recliners! He loved driving his big truck and pulling the trailer. Grown men toys! He loves being my hero!

Save    
niccidhg

I have already admired Julie’s daughter’s wedding pictures on another thread , but they don’t get tiring , for sure ! So very special. —- Secluded, you and your husband are such a great looking couple ! As Molly said, I love seeing personal pictures, also 🤗 —- Am I the only one who likes Secluded’s current ottoman color in this room. The pillows/ fabric you are searching for could bring some MORE of that blue in to tie things together. —- Or, here is a fairly neutral pillow with some steel blue in it. That might be a color to explore for the ottoman - a blue gray - neutral but still picking up on the blues in your art.

1 Like Save    
niccidhg

Initially, I was thinking along the lines of Lyn’s cayenne, but in a softer, more muted , almost watermelon color . It would still be a punch of color though. Soooo, not sure which way you are leaning in your preference after the clothing/ accessory ensemble you described, Secluded. More neutral or a pop of color like your butterscotch bag ?

1 Like Save    
lynartist

I just love♥️ that color nicci and all the more in a beautiful velvet! Alas, Secluded has painted over the previous painting 😢

1 Like Save    
Secluded

I have to be quick here, I’m sitting in the hair salon!
I was heading this way. See rock color and fabric color below. and I’ll play with the other colors you all suggested.
The rock is laying on the actual recliner, it represents a tweed. The taupe fabric in between the sample and sofa.
Nicc, Love love love the “almost watermelon”!

Save    
Secluded

Nicc, for pillows....

Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Love watermelon and it has long been a favorite of mine. Coming back into fashion renamed "coral", but almost watermelon! haha! Isn't it great to get your hair done again! I have to leave shortly for the same!!! Yea!!

Save    
Secluded

Lynartist, lol....I’ll add “almost watermelon” color to the wall art. Easy!

Save    
lynartist

This color looks more nuanced when done in a fabric such as velvet and is so appealing. I do love how it looks with the taupe. I think you may have to adjust your art ( shudder) just a bit secluded!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Save    
Karon Long

Hi Secluded, I don't post very often. I use to think I had a knack for decorating, BOY was I wrong.🙂 I just started going through your thread. BUT I have to tell you that this is a beautiful room. I wish I could pull something like this together. I have worked with Julie to help in my dining room over the last couple of months, and she has helped me a lot. I probably would never have the vision to pull anything together like you have. Congratulations on a beautiful space!!

By the way all of the wedding pictures are so touching. Beautiful families with beautiful children. Enjoy every minute!

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded aren’t you ready for a big change seems you already had a watermelon color?

Save    
Secluded

Hi! The watermelon color is a favorite color of mine and I would definitely consider that color for pillows if it jives
I’m at the paint store looking for a taupey navy and taupey charcoal.
Did u like the rock color and taupe fabric?

Save    
Secluded

Your previous post just populated on my cell. Lynartist pictures haven’t populated.

Julie, which fabric exactly is for the ottoman. I believe I know but I want to make sure

Save    
lynartist

What paint store?

Save    
lynartist

I prefer the blue color way. The stone you pictured has a lovely blue/ gray tone in it. I think the ottoman is still a bit too blue/ green for your liking. It’s not that it doesn’t g with the chairs; it may not be a color you like particularly.

Save    
lynartist

Secluded, are you saying none of my photos are posting?

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Hi, I was in...The Paint Warehouse, Bryan Texas. I see this picture, thank you for sending! If I’m right about the taupe fabric for the ottomans in Julie’s post, they hit me in a good way that I can use those lux velvet navy pillows and the other fabrics. I’ll b home at 4 today to look at these posts on my computer.

Save    
Secluded

...that way I can use

Save    
Molly

I can see them Lyn.

1 Like Save    
lynartist

Thanks Molly! I was thinking Houzz was acting up again!

Save    
Secluded

You all call me Leslie, Secluded is to long to type. Secluded was just one of the streets we lived on in Big D. Pls, call me Leslie!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Ok Leslie..lovely Scottish name....meaning “Garden of Hollies” or “Gray Fortress” 🤗🤷🏼‍

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Hate to admit it, but love looking up names and horescopes!

1 Like Save    
Molly

Ok Leslie! Did the sample match the chair? Just wondering if there was a difference between the 2.

2 Likes Save    
lynartist

I’m going to have a hard time calling you Leslie after all this time! I know you have decided on a more neutral palette but I thought I would just throw this in the mix and then duck!!! Knowing your love of color this seems restrained to me and I think this green is such a beautiful neutral. It’s fine if you don’t agree; I just felt you would enjoy seeing it.

3 Likes Save    
Secluded

Oh, the greens made my heart sing. Don’t duck i want to hug you. I really thought everyone was going to bend towards green bc of the slight green undertone of the new chairs. I’m going to study yours and Julies color palettes. Geez, who knew Leslie was Scottish, my dad was first American generation from Scotland on the paternal side. My grandpa fought in France in WW1 just to earn to come to America. I fly my American flag every holiday in honor of him and brave military! Garden of hollies and grey fortress...interesting. Got to go.....

2 Likes Save    
Secluded

Molly, the sample was a bit darker! 🙂

2 Likes Save    
lynartist

Happy 4 th all🎇🎆🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

2 Likes Save    
lynartist

😂 I’m glad you love this elegant green! So do I!!!

Save    
Secluded

Saved these last week or two.....

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Oh my not on the dark green train🤷🏼‍♀️

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Leslie..the rooms you posted have different neutrals than your room..the first room is all shades of grey..the second room is very warm shades with white..your room is taupe I do think charcoals are a nice mix with your taupe...

1 Like Save    
lynartist

Oh my! Love that fabulous green velvet sofa!!!!

Save    
lynartist

Of course I could be wrong as I am not in this space and yes there are shades of taupe in here but for me this room overall reads warm. Not that it would matter if it was a bit cooler as I do think green can work too. A deep , luxurious green is a beautiful neutral color.

Save    
lynartist

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Just playing around but I love the brightness of the chartreuse silk...the lighter blue/grey is pretty...

Save    
Cindy Warren Fialka

What a beautiful room and a fun thread! May I ask which leather color your H&M recliners are? Thanks.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Cindy Warren fialka...the lower left piece of leather in last post is the recliners

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Happy 4th my Houzz friends! Julie, those r pretty together and they’re in our bedroom! You and I are alike! I’m hooked on your navy palette. The stronger fabric color for the ottoman the better it will look in the room, therefore I’m leaning toward a dark color that is has taupe it. Then I can layer a monochromatic tray on it; walnut tray. The fabric memo ive shown you is my ottoman. Below is a picture of that ottoman. Weak color. Falls flat. Well, got to run again, talk tomorrow and thank you for thinking about this room.

Lynartist, I’d like to explore the navy

The color of the 2 recliners are Dream Taupe, Class 2 and Protected and are from Hancock and Moore. Thank you for asking.

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Agree strong rich taupe textured or tweed type fabric will ground the room..will look so rich even with the darker blues you can introduce black and animal print if you want too nice with your warm seagrass rug..I think you will love it..it is a very cozy rich look..have fun today! Playing golf the card game and I have already had a cucumber martini! oh boy 😉

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Saw this space while doing my Pinterest and fell in love thought I would share..

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Hi, Just playing with colors taken from pillows, terra-cotta plate and blue and white china bowl. Idk, thought it could help you can get a true color perspective. The couch is a warm white called Fontana by Sherrill. Julie, The navy pillows and fabrics you posted have disappeared on my end....next time I’ll take a picture to capture your design plan.

Save    
Secluded

Really nice Julie! I can roll paint on the doors and BI’s!

Save    
Secluded

After I sent photos of colors, the pics you (Julie) posted populated, hence the skip of return messages from me. The blue in that room looks to be right for my interior space.
I really appreciate your interest in my space, you’re talented and can get me over the finish line. I appreciate everyone’s help!
Oh yes, you cracked me up when you fessed up to having a cucumber martini. Hilarious. This weekend I’m going to blend fresh watermelon marqs! I think you’d like it. Wish u my neighbor, I’d totally have you and your husband over to sit poolside sipping cucumber martinis 🍸 😃

Save    
lynartist

The blue in the pillows shows the green that is still in the ottoman color. I let you ladies get to it then.

Save    
lynartist

I am wondering if it isn’t time to retire that ottoman now that you have recliners now! The recliners seem quite a warm taupe in here. Anyway...

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded..OMG watermelon margaritas..love anything watermelon! when we had a northern Michigan lake-house we used to have the entire family stay with us and we always made a huge beverage dispenser with a spigot full of watermelons! Vodka..triple Sec... fresh lime and lots fresh watermelon..so delicious😋 I would be there in a short minute to join you with a Martini or Margarita!!..how fun would that be...we can duel our drinks this Coming weekend at our pools.😉

Talk soon!

Here are the inspiration boards..we can coordinate our paint samples I have SW and BM

Eastern Accents has gorgeous fabrics and makes beautiful pillows.

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Interesting they added something new to Houzz today..to see all the images posted on each comment you need to hit the Read more just below the post...🤷🏼‍♀️

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

It is hard to find Xlarge coffee tables..I do think that ottoman is the perfect size..and a very easy job for an upholsterer.....done In a gorgeous new textured Or tweed fabric will be wonderful and comfy for putting up feet..it will have a whole new life!

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Well unless you get that fabulous Johnathon Adler!!🤣🤣🤣😉

Save    
Secluded

Good morning all, the ottoman is newish, so I couldn’t replace it, but I can take the legs off to have it sit on a gold frame somewhat similar to the pic shown below. Also, I placed a sliver jacket on the sofa to bring out the warm white in the sofa. Yes, Bm and Sw will our point of color reference. Good idea! Thank you again!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Great option for ottoman...will you miss the castors on the legs to move it around? my huge square table has castors and love the ability to roll it around for cleaning..just something to consider. I don’t mind the dark wood legs With the direction of color you are going towards.

have you tried to match that silver jacket on sofa to your paint decks..if so please pass the color along to me🤗👩‍🎨

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Check out SW Charcoal Blue..

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Save    
Secluded

Hi there, You are so nice to help me. Lol, I have no idea where you’re going with the silver, but I’m happy with you helping me with navy pillows and a fabric for the ottoman! I’m worried you’re going to tons of trouble. I really love my existing pillows and I’m now happy with what is in the BI’s. That said, I remain open to tossing a pillow to make the navy pillow look cohesive!

Charcoal Blue is in the pic. Did you see that Navy is the Pantone color of 2020. Yes, of course you did!

The silver jacket is in the family of SW 2832 colonial Revival Grey, page 312 in my fan deck. SW 2832 reads green on camera, but in person it’s the correct tone, but not shade. Sorry, I didn’t find a closer match.

FYI, Below are fabrics and tile sitting on the granite and on the sisal. The Frontgate fabric are the counter stools. SW 7506 is Loggia are BI’s. Egret: walls. Snowbound: trim. The green lid is from a John Richards ceramic piece that I want to display in the BI’s. I love the way it appears in the BI’s.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

The SW charcoal blue is the perfect color if going to incorporate it in the room...that John Richards ceramic green is so pretty with the blue..a very natural pairing!....ok so if you do the textured ottoman in a richer darker taupe..it could even have some charcoal in the weave.....what fabric are you thinking for ottoman?..how many new pillows are you wanting to mix into what you have on the sofas?

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

The ceramic jar is more of a celery I love it....glad you posted the lid...for some reason thought it was described as chartreuse! Not chartreuse..love the soft green tone.

Save    
Secluded

Great Julie....thank you...Okay, charcoal blue it is. The ottoman fabric I wish to have would be a cut velvet or a tweed. Pillows could b silk or velvet. Not speaking of color here...below is an ottoman fabric that I believe is called cut velvet. Also, I find clever are the chair pillow fabrics; one side is different that the other. Hmmm...you know how to do that mix!

Pillows I’m wanting to mix in would be two 20” pillows on each sofa and I’m open to changing the lumbar fabric on the sofas. Let me put it this way too; the pillows I hope to keep in order of preference are the sofa end pillows, Greek key pillows and lumbars.

This morning I painted the ottoman BM Providence Blue, per Lynartist suggestion. I can live with this color until it’s changed out. Unless of course you want to work it in....

Save    
Secluded

The paper on the sofa is painted charcoal blue. I have pigments here so I can mix color. The chartreuse jar was chartreuse because I glazed it. Now, it’s back to the original color bc it looks pretty with the blue painting. All I do is wash it in the dishwasher and the not so good quality glaze comes right off.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

I love the two sided pillows...I don’t see why not.....I think it is important to get that ottoman upholstered.....Picking the new fabric would be first thing before designing your new pillows...that charcoal blue is just beautiful with your taupe and Your wall art.....I am feeling because of your seagrass rug and that blue ottoman together....is making the room have more casual east coast “by The lake look” that I am sure you are not going for.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Yes cut or burnt velvet..is that what you are wanting?

Save    
Secluded

Thank you....Yes, cut/burnt velvet or a tweed. Whatever is more interesting really. I’m open for suggestions. Let’s do the 2 sided pillow! I’m grateful you know what you’re doing! I’m out of my league now!

I placed the green pillows on the sofa. Ugh. I’ll live with it. I really am thankful for your help in this room!

Save    
Secluded

Lol, you’re so right about the grass rug and blue being beachy, when I surf (excuse the pun 😁) the internet that shows blues and grass rugs there’s either an anchor, paddle or oversized seashells! I knock my head! When is your July birthday? Mine is September 13th. 1959! That’s life!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Birthday is the July 18th 1959...I am a Cancer....you are a Virgo...you remind me so much of my best friend she is also a Virgo! Fun...... very creative...non stop energy! She is tall 6’ and blonde too....you look tall...just a guess!.....I am only 5’3” 🤣.

Save    
Molly

I love the charcoal blue, the ottoman would be so pretty in that color. I’m a Virgo too. 😉

Save    
Secluded

Hi! Molly, what day is your birthday?
It’s crazy town over here. Our kids are coming home 2 days earlier than they planned so I’ve been shopping for groceries to make a few dinners and desserts before they arrive. Today!
Awww Julie, im almost in tears...that is beautiful that I’m similar to your best friend. I am so appreciative and blown away to remind you as a tiny part of her. You are sooo incredibly talented, I know you brought the creative side out of her as you do me. I never told anyone on HOUZZ I could draw/paint pictures until you came along. I had a connection with you bc you reminded me of my best friend in California (yep, lived there too). Your openness, selflessness and humor struck me as familiar. Well, life is a balance....Instead of hanging out with my friend I volunteer, have my little calligraphy business and play games with my husband!
My mother in laws bday is the 18th!
Our oldest sons birthday is Friday and the party theme is fiesta, hence, the watermelon marqs! Friday night we’ll play (6 of us, 2 sons and the “blonde” DIL’s) Mexican Train. Losers take a shot of cinnamon whiskey! Last time the one DIL thought she Celine Dion!

1 Like Save    
Secluded

P.S. my friend is a Leo...kinda close to you!!
Well, gotta run. I’ll bring going dark for the next 5 days. Have a great weekend new best friend...hehe

Save    
Molly

Sounds like a busy, but fun weekend, enjoy. Celine Dion, that is hilarious 😂 😂😂. My birthday is 9/2.

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Girl don’t even with the cinnamon whiskey....this is crazy how similar we are...when sitting around the bomb fire we always pass around FIREBALL! yes cheap fireball 😂

We lived in Livermoore CA back in the 80’s ....we were there during the big earthquake And both my kids were born there...OK this is crazy....I have an incredible close friend that lives in CA too!!......she is a interior designer .....we have so much in common....🤗

We want to have a place in Carmel Once my husband retires....my sons birthday is the 25th of September....such a sweet guy..he had open heart surgery when he was 26....we are so blessed he has Recovered and living a healthy life! So many blessings.....thanks for your sweet comments..I guess you could say it was meant to be we meet on Houzz!! Well have fun celebrating your sons Birthday! Fiesta sound wonderful. Because of Covid I won’t be able to get out to look at fabrics..so disappointing..are you able to get any fabric books or look at fabrics?...I did find a gorgeous taupe damask Fabric..I will post it....

2 Likes Save    
Secluded

Open heart surgery! You must have gone out of your mind during that! That’s when you’ll trade your life for your sons! Sounds like God has blessed him with good health for sure! I want to hear more, we’ll have to meet for lunch when I’m in Dallas. I owe you lunch and a little cocktail to go with it. Got to run, again. Kids will arrive in one hour.
Thank you Molly, wish u lived in Texas!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Was a low moment in our lives for sure! yes looking forward to the day we can get out and meet up! I am sure we would have a blast and talk our heads off! Can’t you tell already I love to talk🤣🤣😉

Save    
Secluded

Yay!!!

Save    
Molly

Thanks Leslie. Kinda glad I'm in Illinois and not Texas at the moment. ;) Some of us were considering a visit to Julie's in the Fall, but that is obviously out of the question now. :(

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Molly that makes me so sad...I was looking so forward to meeting my Houzz friends....I promise you as soon as we get a vaccine I am ready to go!!!

Save    
alex is

really nice !!

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Found some amazing fabrics..take a look and get back when you have time..I am out for the rest of the day...Velvet with silk 2 sided pillows....so many possibilities 🤗👩‍🎨

2 Likes Save    
Secluded

These fabrics are stunning Julie. I can get in the Decorative Center aka DEC in Houston. Trade only. I just would need the manufacturer. Kids are here and I’m suppose to be online ordering dinner...

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Get your food ordered! We can connect tomorrow girl!🥰😉👩‍🎨

1 Like Save    
Molly

Lol, you are like a teenager sneaking around. 😂. Houzz is distracting though. 😉

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Hi, kids are still here...they asked to stay longer. I think they’re lonely being sheltered in place! They’re all smiles and helpful. Funny how now we are our once moody teenagers best friends!? Once I read in Barbara Bush’s autobiography that if your adult children want to hang out with you, you’ve done something right raising them.

Julie, I’m excited to get back to your design plan. I love, really love all the fabrics. Is the left column fabric for the ottoman by any chance?

I will pull all them from DEC in Houston, if you know the manufacturer.

I’d like to pull silver fabrics to now that I understand why you brought up silver in the first place. After looking at the space this week and visualizing silver, navy and taupe together, I get it Julie.

Also, I really love the picture you posted of the navy color built ins with the gold picture lights, gold fixtures with navy appeals to me very much, so I was thinking of buying a gold picture light for the new abstract painting.

Do you think my walls or built in should be repainted? I’m getting ahead of myself, let’s stick to your plan of first picking the ottoman fabric, second; pillows.

I’ll return on Friday. Kids will be gone by then.... Oy vey!

Save    
AC LB

Love your space and this thread! I love how Houzz brings likeminded people together! Btw, I’m also a Virgo:). 9/5 my daughter was born 9/21:). I cant wait to continue to watch the progress of your room. Your painting is GORGEOUS!!

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Virgo? Nice to meet you and ty for the painting compliment. I always wanted to learn to abstract paint, so ever since we’ve been sheltered in I watched “How To” videos on YouTube. Totally free thanks to the generous artists!

Ty for liking this thred. Julie continues to guide me and everyone else weighs in....fun for me, but a lot of work for everyone else.

Watch for Lynartist to magically edit the space to show the new pillows and ottoman! They all seem to have each others back!

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Julie, Happy birthday. I hope you have a wonderful, fun and sparkling day. I think I described your personality....Cheers!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Thanks it was a lovely day..floral from hubby and a gorgeous birthday cake was delivered from the most wonderful bakery in SouthLake...Hubby gave me a beautiful card and said when we can go to our favorite jewelry store I can get another a tennis bracelet..so excited! We ordered takeout from Perry Steak House and than retreated to the media room to watch HAMILTON....IT WAS FABULOUS!

Save    
Secluded

Hello! Beautiful flowers and cake! Sounds like you were birthday’ed quite well by your fabulous husband. Hamilton? I’ll add the movie to my list. I hope you can go to the jewelry store soon without that nagging under current thought of risking your health for the tennis bracelet. Talk soon!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Secluded it is Hamilton the play! Oh my you have to see it if into theater...it is a big hit! You need Disney+ to watch it! It is FABULOUS

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Hi Julie, I hope your week is starting off well. Would u mind giving me your thoughts on an pair of gold lamps I saw today while shopping for fabric. Fabric talk later🙂

I value your opinion, so my question is; should I replace the pair of planter baskets that are currently in the built-ins for the pair of gold lamps?

The lamps dimensions are 23.5H x 13D x 20W. The built-in (BI) space dimensions you see in the photos are 22”H x 22D x 42W. They’re adjustable. (For additional reference the planter baskets shown are 10”H x 22W).

There are gold lighting fixtures in the kitchen and throughout, so I like bringing that element in the BI’s, but I already have a gold round lamp now.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Hi Secluded..they are so beautiful..yes you have plenty of over head lighting....they would bring a very artistic touch to your room..almost like adding sconces....

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

You could add one table between the chairs instead and add one small light for reading..if needed.

Save    
Molly

Pretty lamps Leslie! How was the family visit? Glad to have your house back to yourself? 😉

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

I keep calling you Secluded..darn

1 Like Save    
mlrn1

What color are your walls? Looks like it could be Ballet White?

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Julie, About the lamps, I didn’t take in consideration the fact that the electric outlet is on the back, therefore the plugs, etc would b visible given the shape of the lamp base...Hmmmm. I’d have to think about this dilemma.
Thank you for asking Molly about the family visit, we had so much fun. I really had blast doing dishes and emptying the dishwasher twice a day🤪. The newlyweds stayed the entire weekend and the other two stayed an entire week. They’re all so bored sheltering in place; working from home. The two that stayed for an week apparently found working poolside at the country club rather delightful especially with a cocktail waitress on duty, good Lord my DIL ordered strawberry daiquiris during her working hours! I went up there to check on them and do u know there were a few more kids from Dallas working on their laptops to!? These kids were enjoying the perks they USE to have when they were supported by mom and dad. On day 5, I said to our son, “Say Will, don’t you need to go mow your lawn, make sure the sprinklers are coming on it’s awfully hot up there in Dallas? Do u know what HHHEEE did? He actually got on his phone, pulled up his HOME SECURITY CAMERA APP to inspect his yard!!!! His reply was, “nope mom, it all looks fine!” So, next time I move I’m not telling my kids where I live especially that kid! 😁😘

Mlrn1, hi, my walls are SW Egret White. Thank you for asking.

2 Likes Save    
Secluded

Julie, In regards to the previous post, let me b clear, I meant to say the electric outlet is on the back wall of the BI. Sorry I wasn’t clear.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Wouldn’t the lamp cover up the outlet once plugged in and placed inside the cubby..my outlets are on back wall on lower shelf on each side.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Gosh it sounds like everyone had a good old time visiting! So much fun to have the kids around..yes they sure do appreciate all the perks when visiting...I turn into a short order cook and a charcuterie server!! But I love every minute..but boy do I love every minute after they leave 😉😂 my house is clean again and Everything is back in place!..I hope to see my son and his wife this coming weekend...I was sick all last week so didn’t get to see them on my birthday...just me, hubby and my beautiful old lady pup Cali....

2 Likes Save    
Secluded

Ohh nooo, how sick were you last week? Are you under the weather now, I see you commented after midnight?! I get up in the middle of the night bc of chronic headaches. Cali must practice in the mirror on how to look so darn sweet and adorable. Those eyes have me! I hope your son and his wife visit you.
To answer your question if outlets would be seen when the lamp is placed in the BI; yes. I could have a false BI back built to hide wires, outlets, etc. I had this done in my ofc to hide electronic wires.
In regards to your “instead” suggestion of a little table between chairs, reading lamp if needed. Are you suggesting the current lamps I have be placed in the BI’s? If so, where would the sofa end tables go?
I brought ottoman fabrics home, sometime this morning I’ll post pictures of favorites, that is if I have favorites 😐
Thank you for helping me!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Good morning ☕️☀️

leslie I had a sinus infection that unfortunitly went up into my eyes! oh the headaches I had.....finished meds and feel so much better! I am a night owl usually up til 2:00am just don't need as much sleep anymore..used to fight it now I just stay up and read or look over Houzz threads.

the lamps you have are too tall for the built ins....love the all brass you found they really are perfect for your built ins if that is the way to decide to go. You would remove one of the end tables...put the other one between the chairs...maybe the other end table could be placed next to the accent chair with a lamp.???? Just thinking out loud.

Save    
Secluded

Ohhh, sinus infections are very painful! No sleep, too painful, I understand and I’m sorry. The air quality has and was very bad in Dallas, you didn’t have a chance to fight an infection on your own! Rest!
When you’re up to it will you look at these ottoman fabrics? (Let me know how to best present fabric pictures to you.)

Save    
Secluded

Another angle.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Drum role........

can you guess which one I like?

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Save    
Molly

Would this one not work?

Save    
Secluded

Thank you Julie. Why does it work, educate me.

Save    
Secluded

Hi Molly, the muted colors don’t ground the ottoman.

Save    
Molly

Ah, I just thought the texture was interesting. 🙂

1 Like Save    
Secluded

To me, I think that the weave pattern holds up through all decor fades but most of all it will be easy to decorate around.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

It would ground the space just like a darker or pattern rug, your blue ottoman or a wood table would do....provides contrast too.....I think a tweed or woven provides a cozy’s feel to any space....

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Thank you, I love the rooms with the “grounded” ottomans you’re showing me. Here is the fabric in lamp lighting. It appears lighter under the 2500 lumens. (I think they’re 2500L, they’re the “softest” Lumen on the market). Are u okay with the lighter tone of color?

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Maybe need a shade darker.....is that the Kravet classics?

Save    
Secluded

I’ll look for darker. Thank you Julie!

Save    
Secluded

Hi Julie, A shade darker for your keen eye. Thank you!

Save    
Secluded

Whoops, the fabric on the sofa is wrong fabric, I didn’t mean to post that picture

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Like this one can you lay it on your leather chair? Pretty please lovely lady🤗

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Here u go🥂

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Looks great with the chair leather..how does it look overall in your room? next I want to see it on the ottoman to see the depth of color compared to the first one that looked too light.

Save    
Secluded

Hello, Thank you for your continuing interest in getting the right fabric nailed down. Per your request, here are the side by side comparisons.

Save    
Secluded

Cont. Pics of fabric in around the space. Julie, notice what the fabric will look like by the yard, linear pattern...huh?! If you want to look at it in depth, the fabric is by Fabricut, Meridian, Color: Graphite. Question: Will this pattern look perfectly fine to tuft with the Linear appearance of the pattern? I may be getting ahead of myself, don’t answer if you want me to continue to explore. The colors are correct and that’s all I know! Hope your day is humming along AND, you’re preparing for your SON!

Save    
Secluded

I didn’t show u this dark gray fabric.....I didn’t consider it bc it doesn’t have taupe.....

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Good Day☀️

I am still loving the first a bit lighter weave..love the taupe and grey in it..I think in a large swatch on the ottoman it would be strong enough in depth to ground the space.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Thoughts?🧐

Save    
Secluded

Hi! Okay, good to know. I’ll order a swatch. I love the first fabric! Since the lamp lighting washed it out, I could screw in a warmer light bulb!
I’ll order a swatch.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Oh that’s great it will be good to see it in a bigger piece..keep me posted! Hope all is well

Save    
Secluded

Hi there, Almost well over here. Headaches are chronic at the moment. Ugh 😩. I hope you’re celebrating a belated birthday with your sweet son and DIL. You may not hear from me again until the swatch arrives, but I’ll keep a look out for any messages coming from you, okay!? 💐

Save    
Molly

Did you buy the lamps?

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Leslie so sorry...... headaches are just so draining on mind and body...I will sneak in a few extra prayers to help you get through🥺🙏🏻

Save    
Secluded

Hi Julie and Molly, Thank you for the few extra prayers, I could use a few. 😃.
Molly, I didn’t buy them. Do you like them for the SPACE? On Monday I might bring one or both home for a trial and post a picture. Once, I did try smaller round gold base lamps on each side and I didn’t like the look of 4 total lamps in the room. I kept one round gold lamp which is in the BI now. I might like the solid gold color lamps though as they are totally different from the crystal lamps.

Save    
Molly

I did like them, is the outlet you were concerned about higher on the wall? It kind of looked like those gold ones had a black cord from what I recall. Can we see the lamp you have in the built-in?

1 Like Save    
Secluded

Yes Molly, the outlet is higher on the wall and it does have a black cord. Personally, I’m satisfied with what I have in the BI’s now, but the baskets may have to go once the tweed fabric is on the ottoman. I like the color mix of the tweed and those gold lamps, not baskets and tweed.

1 Like Save    
niccidhg

Here’s the gold lamp in the built in , Molly.

Save    
Molly

Thanks Nicci 🤗

1 Like Save    
Molly

Leslie I saw this a while ago and it reminded me of your ottoman choice (maybe it’s the same one?).

Save    
Secluded

Molly, Right...i can see how it would remind you of the ottoman. I love the cohesiveness of the grouping, that's what I'm shooting for. I'm not going to bring the lamps home today. I've decided i'd test drive those after the ottoman and pillows are in. Thank you for thinking of me. I have been thinking about sweet you all morning bc i knew you were expecting to see the lamps today.

Save    
Molly

No worries. I was really just wondering if you had gotten them. 🙂

Save    
Secluded

Hi Julie and Molly, I’ll want to buy a new chair and matching ottoman for this spot. What do you suggest?

Julie, did you celebrate your birthday with your son and DIL? I see you had a lot of rain today! We did too, in fact so much our pool almost filled to the rim, did yours?

Save    
Molly

What is the chair used for?

Save    
Secluded

I sit in it bc it’s handy. I put on my shoes, get a quick phone call made, etc.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment.