SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ryan_esch36

Drive equipment over septic tank and leach field?

Ryan J
4 years ago

We bought a house where the previous homeowner left behind a large amount of old appliances and construction debris down a hill behind my house that we just discovered two years later (larger property) due to overgrowth of that area, and now it's my responsibility to clean it up. The only way to practically get this volume of material from the back of the house to the front to put in a haul-away dumpster is to somehow haul it in a trailer. The problem is the only way from the back of the house to the front is through my lawn and over my septic tank and leach field.

The problem I'm trying to solve for is whether it's going to cause damage to my septic and leach field if I rent a small truck, piece of construction equiepment, or UTV (John Deere Gator, for example) with a small trailer to haul all this debris out. I was thinking that minimizing the weight of the vehicle + trailer + debris plus laying down plywood over the septic system may be a vialbe solution, but looking for alternate advice and validation.

Any advice?

Comments (6)