Does anyone here hunt morel mushrooms?

3katz4me

I’m going to do it this year now that I’m retired and our lake cabin is surrounded by four wooded acres that are morel compatible. I remember when I was a kid we had a ton of them growing behind our house in the country and I had no idea how “valuable” they were. My mother picked and cooked them but as a kid mushrooms were yucky. I’m still not particularly fond of them but hoping if I find some morels that I’ll like them.

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)

I think morels are the only mushrooms I like. (Just once or twice a year though)

No morels here in Florida.

I used to know where to find a few when I lived in the hills of Southern Ohio.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Inside Houzz How Much Does a Remodel Cost, and How Long Does It Take?
The 2016 Houzz & Home survey asked 120,000 Houzzers about their renovation projects. Here’s what they said
Full Story
Life Relocating? Here’s How to Make Moving In a Breeze
Moving guide, Part 2: Helpful tips for unpacking, organizing and setting up your new home
Full Story
Events Treasure Hunting at the Brimfield Antiques Fair
More than 5,000 antiques dealers are selling their goods along a 1-mile stretch of rural New England this week. Here's what we found
Full Story
Northern Virginia Handyman is a full-service handyman company that specializes in residential, commercial, and... Read More
I established Bronson Home Improvements, LLC, in May of 2001. Since, I've enjoyed the privilege of working with a... Read More