SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aina64

Basil and indoor rose plant dying as got tiny (1mm) insects

Aina C
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi!I have been growing my basil plant and I moved it next to my rose plant which was poorly. About 2 days ago, my basil started getting the same desease as my rose plant, some leaves got some black and some white tiny dots all over the plant. This insect spreaded to all of the leaves very quickly. These dots also come off when I rub the leaves with my fingers. I checked the underside of the leaves and found a 1mm or less bugs crawling, they may look like a spider? Too tiny to see. They create as well a very weird net (fluffy and messy, not like a proper net, looks like very very thin white bush of hair). My rose plant every time grows a green bit, the leaves start getting eatten becoming thiner/yellowish/transparent dots where the bug has eaten. After that, they become garish and dry until they fell with just of a touch with my finger. So I keep trimming it to 0, but when it grows again, same bug is there... My plants are in a window sill. Please can anyone help me?Thank you very much in advance!!

Comments (10)