SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bruce_cook75

Trying to grow carolina reapers but something weird is going on.

Bruce Cook
4 years ago

Ok, for starters, I am a brand new grower, and I only know just a few tips from growers on youtube who's videos I watched for beginner growers, so I bought some supplies with what little budget I had to spend, and I bought various seeds on ebay.

Here's my concern. I bought what is suppose to be carolina reaper seeds from someone on ebay, and I just put them in my "Magic Dirt" soil to germinate them 5 days ago, and 2 days ago I discovered that the seeds sprouted very long roots/tails, so I went ahead and planted them into red cups, then placed sandwich baggies on the tops to preserve moisture. I did this less than 48 hours ago, and this morning when I woke up and checked on them, almost every single seed I sewed already sprouted 2-3 inch seedlings over the dirt.

From what I learned from other growers of super hot peppers, these seeds re not known to germinate and sprout for any less than 6 days and can take up to 3 weeks, yet these seeds have already sprouted 2-3 inches above the soil and the roots are already 3 inches+ long under the soil. Could this be happening because I used potting soil that has organic conpost in it instead of using regular seedling starter or peet moss like what people traditionally use?

I made a video on youtube this morning showing just a few of these seedlings that sprouted super quick. Can ya'll take a look at this video and tell me if carolina reapers should have sprouted this quickly, or if I possibly got riped off on ebay. This link goes straight to my youtube video so I promise it is safe. Please tell me your thoughts if you are an experienced grower of carolin reapers. Thanks.

Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBsGs72TWtY

Comments (3)

Sponsored