SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_larosa

What do you guys use to treat for black spot and white mold?

Here in Maryland, most of my roses are budding, and a few are about to open up. I can't wait! Most are fine. I've sprayed any hint of anything (a few had aphids, and a couple of others these little green caterpillars eating the leaves). Most are well. One is a mess though. I had Angel Face last year for half the growing season and it did well. It produced many many beautiful, fragrant blooms. This year it is much bigger and is a mess. It has white powdery mildew and some black spot. The mildew is the biggest problem. I have sprayed it several times with HO and neem. Today I took out the "nuclear" solution and sprayed it with an Ortho product that should help. I really want to keep this rose alive. I've heard from some of you that it is problematic. How do you guys manage these diseases/pests? We have had lots of rain lately and are expecting more. The other roses do not seem much affected at all, but Angel Face is bad. It is also huge. That bush probably doubled in size from last year to now. Once the blooms open, I'm going to prune it back some and thin it out, which hopefully will help. I'd love to hear what treatments you guys find the most effective. Thank you! I so enjoy seeing everyone's beautiful photos!

Comments (5)